Do Not Sell My Personal Information

window issues

Woofwoof

I've noticed 2 issues on my driver window (could be other windows too but this is the only 1 i use), when its half open, it shakes and rattles when going over even minor pot holes or when gently leaned on (this started a few months after gettign the car) and then a few weeks later it ss tarte dmaking a squeak when going up just before it closes completely.

ANyone know what this is? (car is 3.5 months old ~3500 miles)

Like all things today on new cars, poor quality control. Let your dealer take a look, but i suspect this is just normal 

Just normal and typical for Toyota cars. What you can do is to clean the rubber seal and window properly then you can apply some silicone spray to the seal but it will make the window smeared. Other way to tackle this is to run the window down completely then lift up to the desired position, most of the times fix the rattling noises.  👍

Yep mine creak if I have them down part way. Annoying.

My GT86 did it too, and that was a Subaru so it's not just a Toyota thing. That was old enough to rip apart and fix it myself, but the Corolla is only just over a year old so I'm not doing that.

Get the same on the Swace. Good to know I'm not the only one 😅

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Just normal and typical for Toyota cars. What you can do is to clean the rubber seal and window properly then you can apply some silicone spray to the seal but it will make the window smeared. Other way to tackle this is to run the window down completely then lift up to the desired position, most of the times fix the rattling noises.  👍

tried that, doesn't help

1 hour ago, Woofwoof said:

tried that, doesn't help

Ok, agreed, it doesn’t work all the time for sure. You may want to try while moving window upward to stop at different positions and see if that is of any help, works for me sometimes. 👍

27 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Ok, agreed, it doesn’t work all the time for sure. You may want to try while moving window upward to stop at different positions and see if that is of any help, works for me sometimes. 👍

I expect better than that from a brand new car

• Like 2

Do you have the non-accountic window?

On 6/23/2022 at 3:44 PM, Woofwoof said:

I expect better than that from a brand new car

I agree, but that's never going to happen. The window half down should be solid with no movement at all, and that goes for all the corolla range 

Had same issue took it to dealer and they fix it by changing some parts

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got the same issue with front passenger window on our Swace. Will contact the dealer as it's quite annoying