Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

6 minutes ago, Malop said:

Interesting, the Motion and premiere demonstrators in my local dealer in June both had plastic Matt wheel arches and the Toyota configure website shows all 3 models as still having plastic Matt arches. 

I recorded this video 2 months ago and this was vision same color like in the picture shared!

I hope they didn't accidentally deliver the US version to the UK. 😂😂😂

Shared by @MSNP:

20220828_135038_compress30.jpg.c102e53db5d428e671b52a0a0f843ecb.thumb.jpg.ce3dee3cec6d262dce60dc5af7010cb5.jpg

My video:

• Thanks 1

On a down note, the QC hold on my US bZ4X held in the Port of New York has been pushed from 91 days to 126 days.  Might not mean anything at this point but down vibes nonetheless.

Mmmm, I've just checked on uk Toyota site and the motion (one Ive ordered) has gone up from 45k to 50 😞

3 minutes ago, MSNP said:

Mmmm, I've just checked on uk Toyota site and the motion (one Ive ordered) has gone up from 45k to 50 😞

What do you mean 50? Can you share the link? 

No idea if this a positive sign or just a pre scheduled release but Lister Toyota (fairly big Toyota dealer in UK) released their BZ4X sales video today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Malop said:

No idea if this a positive sign or just a pre scheduled release but Lister Toyota (fairly big Toyota dealer in UK) released their BZ4X sales video today.

Both Subaru Solterra and Toyota BZ4X were being promoted on YouTube recently. I hope this is a good sign too. As I already stated before, I think there is no reason to look opposite production will star in 9 days! 

If a dealer had told me the cause of the problem, Toyota must have gone a long way towards its fix plan.

• Like 1

I asked my local Toyota dealer in Huddersfield for latest delivery from order timescale - 12 months. That unfortunately scrubs it from my company car shortlist.  

22 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

I asked my local Toyota dealer in Huddersfield for latest delivery from order timescale - 12 months. That unfortunately scrubs it from my company car shortlist.  

But orders are not open yet. They can't put order or see order timescale. I believe you must wait October Toyota UK announcement to get an accurate information. 

Friday I received a strange call from Toyota Romania. They told me just that in a very short period I will be contacted by the dealer to explain me the order status. I asked if I should expect good or bad news and the answer was that he is not mandated to discuss further detailes... that was all (30 seconds call).

I contacted also the dealer and (of course) he does not know nothing about...

Has anyone received a similar phone call?

17 minutes ago, Dan2020 said:

Friday I received a strange call from Toyota Romania. They told me just that in a very short period I will be contacted by the dealer to explain me the order status. I asked if I should expect good or bad news and the answer was that he is not mandated to discuss further detailes... that was all (30 seconds call).

I contacted also the dealer and (of course) he does not know nothing about...

Has anyone received a similar phone call?

Not me. I am confused, did you buy the car from Romania or what is relation with Toyota Romania? 

16 hours ago, MSNP said:

My Yaris had increased in price and my order contract specifies that the price I will pay is based on the current Toyota list price.  Glum indeed. 

When we finalised the order two weeks ago the price used was the original price.  There was a change in part exchange value and previous resettlement value. The net result was my repayments will remain the same but the new contract will be 37 months vice 42 months. 😁

It will be entirely up to your dealer. 

10 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Not me. I am confused, did you buy the car from Romania or what is relation with Toyota Romania? 

I bought the car in Romania from a local dealer. Toyota Romania is the official importer. Most probably the same process is in the other countries.

The car arrived from July and is in the dealer's parking lot. I saw it but I could not drive it... 

Also discussed with the dealer a few moments ago. The news (and the subject of the Friday's call) is that Toyota Romania will provide me a replacement car (as in US) until the fix will be in place. I already have a replacemwnt car but was on dealer's expense. Now Toyota Romania will cover the cost.

From all this I draw only one conclusion: it will take some time until the car will be delivered.....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dan2020 said:

I bought the car in Romania from a local dealer. Toyota Romania is the official importer. Most probably the same process is in the other countries.

The car arrived from July and is in the dealer's parking lot. I saw it but I could not drive it... 

Also discussed with the dealer a few moments ago. The news (and the subject of the Friday's call) is that Toyota Romania will provide me a replacement car (as in US) until the fix will be in place. I already have a replacemwnt car but was on dealer's expense. Now Toyota Romania will cover the cost.

From all this I draw only one conclusion: it will take some time until the car will be delivered.....

I see, you are in Romania as your car is. Thank you for details. 

I hope, Toyota UK will supply courtesy car for us too. 

41 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I see, you are in Romania as your car is. Thank you for details. 

I hope, Toyota UK will supply courtesy car for us too. 

From what I understood they took this measure becouse I already payd the car in full. I explained them from July that in order to pay the bz4x I sold my old car and I do not have anymore a car. Do not know if is a global decision.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I hope, Toyota UK will supply courtesy car for us too

I got my courtesy car from Toyota UK last week after a few complaints and calls. It was only because my lease car had already gone back. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Malop said:

I got my courtesy car from Toyota UK last week after a few complaints and calls. It was only because my lease car had already gone back. 

Hi Malop, thank you for the update. Are they paying gas and all other expenditures? 

You mentioned that you ordered it directly from Toyota UK. I ordered it via dealer and when I called the Toyota UK they said we cant help you 😔

I dont know what to do but I was supposed to be delivered in September as our office will open and work from home is jot allowed anymore. 

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

Are they paying gas and all other expenditures? 

Working on that with them, car is fully insured by Toyota but gas is a subject of negotiation at the moment (especially as my previous lease was an EV and I have a home charger and overnight tariff)

In your case maybe get the dealer to phone Toyota for an update on loaner car, maybe they’ll fund something for them  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 4:15 PM, bZ4X said:

I recorded this video 2 months ago and this was vision same color like in the picture shared!

I hope they didn't accidentally deliver the US version to the UK. 😂😂😂

Shared by @MSNP:

20220828_135038_compress30.jpg.c102e53db5d428e671b52a0a0f843ecb.thumb.jpg.ce3dee3cec6d262dce60dc5af7010cb5.jpg

My video:

Toyota replied my question 😒

They claim that there is no glossy painted black cladding around the wheel arches! 

Screenshot_20220831-121804_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cfd9a5d31dc83dfef57a2907c8ce23df.jpg

6 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

They claim that there is no glossy painted black cladding around the wheel arches! 

Best let the dealer know they’ve either got an import model or a fake 😂😂

• Haha 1

Haha, forward them my picture and see what they say. It was taken at Toyota Croydon!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malop said:

They claim that there is no glossy painted black cladding around the wheel arches

They do not lie...🤣 The 18" are with plastic wheel covers. In June when I so my bz4x in the dealer's parking lot I had the surprise to find in the trunk a set of plastic wheel covers...

In the parking lot was also a bz4x already equiped with those plastic wheel covers and from the distance I could not tell that is plastic. I could have sworn they were alloy wheels...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MSNP said:

Haha, forward them my picture and see what they say. It was taken at Toyota Croydon!

I did. I gave this forms link. My comment is waiting for moderation approval 😂 we will soon see their reply. That so funny but real fun! 

I will post their comment here. Then you can ask dealer from which distributor they bought the car. Maybe bz4x is now in black market? 😂😂😂😂

• Thanks 1

Good news from another USA forum! 🥳

mrjonJust received an email from Toyota Norway apologizing for the delay in ensuring that we receive a vehicle that meets 100% of their quality standards.

Additionally, they said that they can now inform us that they expect a solution towards the end of October.

What that means in terms of delivery times was not stated.

Edit:  oops...I should have refreshed before posting this.  I see that bZ4X beat me too it, lol.  Sorry!

From Reddit / BZ4X forums:

From Reddit from a customer in Norway.  An official email from Toyota Norway....bolded part.  Solution by end of October.  If they can inform that officially, the fix is in.  However, I would be sorely disappointed if Toyota gave priority to the production line restarting and pushing all of the built BZ4X / Solterra units to a later date.  Of course, it could be just logistics and time to get the fix into place too.

snip-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

As one of our first bZ4X customers, you have unfortunately experienced that the car is delayed in relation to the delivery schedule we had laid out. This is due to the global recall campaign that you have previously received information about. Quality and safety are at the very core of our strategy, and we will never compromise or launch products that do not meet our quality standards 100%.

We can now inform you that we expect a solution towards the end of October.

We are very sorry for the situation that has arisen and any problems this has caused you. Contact your dealer and seller if you experience challenges during the waiting period with regard to car maintenance.

Sincerely

Toyota Norway AS

snip-----------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links