Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

On 8/22/2022 at 9:22 PM, bZ4X said:

I believe, this is something new. I havent noticed it before. Have you? 

Toyota UK website:

The All New bZ4X is in dealers to view now, and will be available for test drive and customer deliveries later in 2022.

Source: https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/bz4x

This wording has now changed slightly

31 minutes ago, egg said:

This wording has now changed slightly

Not for the better…

2 hours ago, W id said:

Not for the better…

The All New bZ4X is in dealers to view now. Share your details to receive a notification when you can book a test drive and orders are open.

They are joking! Really joking! 

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

The All New bZ4X is in dealers to view now. Share your details to receive a notification when you can book a test drive and orders are open.

Do you think they are producing cars at the factory now since it opened or is it just the crown…?

26 minutes ago, W id said:

Do you think they are producing cars at the factory now since it opened or is it just the crown…?

That was my initial opinion but recently Subaru dealer informed me that now they will fix it because the failure is simple to fix.

3 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

That was my initial opinion but recently Subaru sealer informed me that now they will fix it because the failure is simple to fix.

So much contradictory information floating around. Do you trust this dealers information?

36 minutes ago, W id said:

So much contradictory information floating around. Do you trust this dealers information?

To be honest, I am not sure. She said they will be delivered 11 Subaru Solterra around end of Sep. I am waiting if they will be delivered. 

By the way, we must see freshly produced bz4x pictures to make sure %100.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

To be honest, I am not sure. She said they will be delivered 11 Subaru Solterra around end of Sep. I am waiting if they will be delivered. 

I’m guessing we will have much more information if there is a fix before that dealer get any cars delivered. All the us customers that already had theirs delivered should probably be the first to hear about the fix if no official statement is made. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I've been looking for a webcam for the roads leading to / from the Motomachi (Aichi address) factory, lol.  Too many to choose from and, even translated, are hard to understand. 😄

2 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

I've been looking for a webcam for the roads leading to / from the Motomachi (Aichi address) factory, lol.  Too many to choose from and, even translated, are hard to understand. 😄

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Good idea. We can watch it with a shift! Every 4 hours someone from this forum. 

@rfrancis073 I just checked Toyota Japan Motomachi.

They must be loading new cars at this location. Red circle area... 

Screenshot_20220909-142029_Maps.thumb.jpg.5f35938ee2cff76900659a442ea0a5f7.jpg

And I suppose trucks follow this way. 

Screenshot_20220909-142050_Maps.thumb.jpg.d1ea1268063c08b479a330bf1b0ad616.jpg

We need a webcam showing that round about. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

I just caught this from the Crown article that I posted earlier...Not sure what this means.

Edit:  If reading that right, these would indeed have the fix for the hub bolts already installed.  The "G" Advanced models both use the 2.5L Hybrid powertrain.  That looks promising.

SNIP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition, there is information that only the 2.5L hybrid model will be shipped with countermeasures against the hub bolt recall, so the crown crossover in these images is the "G Advanced" or "G Advanced Leather Package". It will be either.

SNIP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 12:09 PM, bZ4X said:

Yes agreed, complete joke.  We are now becoming very pessimistic.  If the BZ4X was in production at present, surely there is no reason at all why orders cannot be taken.  So this suggests it is not even being produced.

This has become a very sorry saga indeed, we placed order in April 2022 with a promise of late June delivery, and have since heard nothing apart from a reset of the my toyota app.  For a £50K cash purchase we should expect much better then this, much better.  If this is how Toyota work, then it's not the place for us.

Our confidence in Toyota ( our first ever purchase of this brand ) is just about zero now and we are on countdown to cancellation and move to another brand.

Even with a 12 month lead time elsewhere, bad as that is, at least we will have a real delivery date

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

Yes agreed, complete joke.  We are now becoming very pessimistic.  If the BZ4X was in production at present, surely there is no reason at all why orders cannot be taken.  So this suggests it is not even being produced.

This has become a very sorry saga indeed, we placed order in April 2022 with a promise of late June delivery, and have since heard nothing apart from a reset of the my toyota app.  For a £50K cash purchase we should expect much better then this, much better.  If this is how Toyota work, then it's not the place for us.

Our confidence in Toyota ( our first ever purchase of this brand ) is just about zero now and we are on countdown to cancellation and move to another brand.

Even with a 12 month lead time elsewhere, bad as that is, at least we will have a real delivery date

I %100 agree with you. Customers will move to other manufacturers quicker than they ever imagine. Toyota is the lead company currently in vehicle industry but dont forget Nokia was a leader in their market as well. If you can't adopt current market dynamics, you will lose. They need to be much more agile and responsive! 

On 9/9/2022 at 2:23 PM, bZ4X said:

@rfrancis073 I just checked Toyota Japan Motomachi.

They must be loading new cars at this location. Red circle area... 

Screenshot_20220909-142029_Maps.thumb.jpg.5f35938ee2cff76900659a442ea0a5f7.jpg

And I suppose trucks follow this way. 

Screenshot_20220909-142050_Maps.thumb.jpg.d1ea1268063c08b479a330bf1b0ad616.jpg

We need a webcam showing that round about. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes, they definitely load cars here! I found one truck waiting for loading in the red circle below. 

Screenshot_20220910_113946.thumb.jpg.44463b12abb1ee4fe5d23d0bfd8e8d83.jpg

• Thanks 1

I can’t wait to update this page and seeing that someone has confirmation there is a fix and it’s being implemented now. This waiting game and looking at forums and fb groups is starting to make me just want to cancel everything and move on. Everyday just looking for small signs that something is happening is exhausting 😅😆

• Like 1

6 hours ago, W id said:

I can’t wait to update this page and seeing that someone has confirmation there is a fix and it’s being implemented now. This waiting game and looking at forums and fb groups is starting to make me just want to cancel everything and move on. Everyday just looking for small signs that something is happening is exhausting 😅😆

To be honest, we all collect data from net/dealers and share those information here with our comments. 

All we know so far is that Toyota UK's official announcement will be in early Q4 (Around 20 days left) . Just consider this before cancelling your order.

I wish all of us the best! If you decide to cancel and go with an alternative please share here your experience with us 😊

6 hours ago, bZ4X said:

To be honest, we all collect data from net/dealers and share those information here with our comments. 

All we know so far is that Toyota UK's official announcement will be in early Q4 (Around 20 days left) . Just consider this before cancelling your order.

I wish all of us the best! If you decide to cancel and go with an alternative please share here your experience with us 😊

Of course you are right I’m just so frustrated 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, W id said:

Of course you are right I’m just so frustrated 

You're not the only one.  I've been contemplating all weekend just to move on and get or wait for something else.  I think if the dealer called today and said that it's ready, I would decline (I'm in the US and taking away the tax credit is a big thing.  Hoping it gets put back in temporarily before the dealer calls).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

You're not the only one.  I've been contemplating all weekend just to move on and get or wait for something else.  I think if the dealer called today and said that it's ready, I would decline (I'm in the US and taking away the tax credit is a big thing.  Hoping it gets put back in temporarily before the dealer calls).

I’m in Sweden but it is the same. Tax rebate goes down if delivered after 2022. But it is also that not hearing anything takes away the fun of buying something that is this expensive and should be super satisfying to buy. Now it’s just a headache. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, W id said:

I’m in Sweden but it is the same. Tax rebate goes down if delivered after 2022. But it is also that not hearing anything takes away the fun of buying something that is this expensive and should be super satisfying to buy. Now it’s just a headache. 

1000000% AGREE!  At first, I was super excited....and then received the built and shipped notification (again, super excited).  QC hold - still excited but a little down and was hoping it was going to be quick (it was not).  Eventually, it became a mission with more focus on getting the damn thing than enjoying it.  Loss of tax credit immediately with zero give from dealer, Toyota or the government as taken the enjoyment out of it, completely.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rfrancis073 said:

1000000% AGREE!  At first, I was super excited....and then received the built and shipped notification (again, super excited).  QC hold - still excited but a little down and was hoping it was going to be quick (it was not).  Eventually, it became a mission with more focus on getting the damn thing than enjoying it.  Loss of tax credit immediately with zero give from dealer, Toyota or the government as taken the enjoyment out of it, completely.

Toyota is having the position of a "FAT SALLER" who thinks he is the best and everyone begs at his door to buy... after this huge, huge lack of respect towards customers things will change. Now everyone sees the truth: TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR CUSTOMERS. From 2700 built cars they received a free of interest loan of at least 120.000.000 euro. I think that all of us with orders from April ware asked to fully pay the car as in my case... 

At this moment I don't believe it anymore that is a hub bolt issue... what they say makes no sense to me... if true the fix should be done until now.

I believe more and more that it is nothing more than a scam...free money...nothing more....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan2020 said:

Toyota is having the position of a "FAT SALLER" who thinks he is the best and everyone begs at his door to buy... after this huge, huge lack of respect towards customers things will change. Now everyone sees the truth: TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR CUSTOMERS. From 2700 built cars they received a free of interest loan of at least 120.000.000 euro. I think that all of us with orders from April ware asked to fully pay the car as in my case... 

At this moment I don't believe it anymore that is a hub bolt issue... what they say makes no sense to me... if true the fix should be done until now.

I believe more and more that it is nothing more than a scam...free money...nothing more....

Toyota don't have respect to their customers. We all experienced this during recall. Dead silence, as if the bZ4X wasn't their car.

But I still cannot solve puzzle:

1) Toyota is a commercial company. Why they would choose to loose money, if there is not an important problem. They parked thousands of cars for months + pay for loaner car and expenditure + etc... 

2) On the other hand, Subaru would not let Toyota to have fix delayed. Subaru is not really cash rich company like Toyota! They would be much more unpatient to fix problem and sell the car. 

3) If Toyota deliberately delays the fix, they could face serious legal trouble. And their malicious intention would be heard at some point. And never repair reputations back. 

4) If this is a somekind of strategy, what is the gain and moral for them? 

I really can't understand what's going on with Toyota! I try to be positive but every weekend same question in my head: What if they don't deliver cars in 2022?

With all the bad press coverage ( especially from litigation happy USA ) Toyota has gotten from previous issues resulting in safety recalls - Toyota will want to be 100% certain they understand the problem, come up with a suitable engineering solution & then test it thoroughly to make sure the issues is completely resolved before they will release vehicles to customers.

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

With all the bad press coverage ( especially from litigation happy USA ) Toyota has gotten from previous issues resulting in safety recalls - Toyota will want to be 100% certain they understand the problem, come up with a suitable engineering solution & then test it thoroughly to make sure the issues is completely resolved before they will release vehicles to customers.

Probably but with them making and actively shipping the Crown, also with hub bolts, makes me wonder what’s happening.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links