Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

4 hours ago, rfrancis073 said:

Probably but with them making and actively shipping the Crown, also with hub bolts, makes me wonder what’s happening.

Crown is a completely different vehicle. 

6 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Crown is a completely different vehicle. 

Understand it’s gas powered but it’s produced on the same line as the BZ, uses the same hub bolt system and was delayed from July until September 7 for production.  I suppose the Crown may not have suffered from the same bolt issue as the BZ but the article I posted earlier about the crown indicated that the countermeasures (fix) for the hub bolts was in place on the shipping crowns.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

Understand it’s gas powered but it’s produced on the same line as the BZ, uses the same hub bolt system and was delayed from July until September 7 for production.  I suppose the Crown may not have suffered from the same bolt issue as the BZ but the article I posted earlier about the crown indicated that the countermeasures (fix) for the hub bolts was in place on the shipping crowns.

The only official information from Toyota is that they will have an 'update' in quarter four.

Nothing else.

What that 'update' will be is anyone's guess.

This vehilce could even be withdrawn completely.  Speculation and conjecture of course, but still possible.

The longer we all wait, the further down the queue we will be if we are forced to cancel and order another vehicle, incredibly annoying

• Like 1

Had a phone call from Toyota UK hq to say the engineers expect the fix sorted by sometime in October.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, G rose said:

Had a phone call from Toyota UK hq to say the engineers expect the fix sorted by sometime in October.

I had same. They exactly said that "we will come with good news in October and inform you soon". 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

I had same. They exactly said that "we will come with good news in October and inform you soon". 

How did you interpret that. Will cars be rolling in October or will they announce the fix in October?

On 9/13/2022 at 4:31 PM, W id said:

How did you interpret that. Will cars be rolling in October or will they announce the fix in October?

One week earlier I was told by a Subaru dealer that Subaru will fix cars and deliver customers in October. Now these two confirms each other. 

But I still have doubts as there is no written letter or info at the official web site. We will wait 3 more weeks and see!

On 9/13/2022 at 4:38 PM, bZ4X said:

One week earlier I was told by a Subaru dealer that Subaru will fix cars and deliver customers in October. Now these two confirms each other. 

But I still have doubts as there is no written letter or info at the official web site. We will wait 3 more weeks and see!

Ok. But the call was from official Toyota and not a dealer?

On 9/13/2022 at 4:47 PM, W id said:

Ok. But the call was from official Toyota and not a dealer?

Yes, Toyota UK HQ Customer Care Team. Official Toyota UK. 

Unfortunately we have been ignored for months. Thus I can't rely on them anymore unless see it written. 

• Like 1

My call was in response to an email complaint to the CEO of Toyota UK some month ago, following which I have had regular calls from an assistant and each time the response was no new news.

This is the first change of message and obviously official.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 5:09 PM, bZ4X said:

Unfortunately we have been ignored for months. Thus I can't rely on them anymore unless see it written. 

I’m guessing the first ones to receive the fix would be the ones already delivered in the US so they should hear something soon to book a fix. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W id said:

I’m guessing the first ones to receive the fix would be the ones already delivered in the US so they should hear something soon to book a fix. 

Yes, I aggree with you. USA is the prime market for Toyota.

1 minute ago, bZ4X said:

Yes, I aggree with you. USA is the prime market for Toyota.

Yes and also the only place where customers already have them at home in their own garage. They just can’t deliver a new car to someone else before they have fixed already delivered ones. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, W id said:

I’m in the US and was able to take delivery. Had it about a month or two before the recall. I haven’t heard anything from Toyota USA or the dealership, but I’ll call around today when I’m on my lunch break and let you guys know if I hear anything. I’m in SoCal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, temp.est said:

I’m in the US and was able to take delivery. Had it about a month or two before the recall. I haven’t heard anything from Toyota USA or the dealership, but I’ll call around today when I’m on my lunch break and let you guys know if I hear anything. I’m in SoCal.

The calls to the Toyota US bZ4X team last week were pointless.  Motch6 and I called them and was given the same 'no news' stuff.  My BZ (in port) is still on a 126 day QC hold with no ETA.  However, Motch6 (from the bZ4X forums) had his BZ switch from 126 day to 49 day.  With that said, his has been in port a month + more than mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

The calls to the Toyota US bZ4X team last week were pointless.  Motch6 and I called them and was given the same 'no news' stuff.  My BZ (in port) is still on a 126 day QC hold with no ETA.  However, Motch6 (from the bZ4X forums) had his BZ switch from 126 day to 49 day.  With that said, his has been in port a month + more than mine.

But if the uk gets new info today we should probably see more people get information in the same time frame

2 hours ago, rfrancis073 said:

Yeah, just gave the brand engagement center a call and same “no updates at this time”. Tried the dealership and my advisor hasn’t been answering any of my calls/voicemails. I just want my car, man.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 5:09 PM, bZ4X said:

Hi. Did you hear about anyone else get this call. I just thought this would be the talk of the day on bz4x forums but not a word. I mean it is big news that they are finally saying it will be fixed in October.

On 9/14/2022 at 9:54 AM, W id said:

Hi. Did you hear about anyone else get this call. I just thought this would be the talk of the day on bz4x forums but not a word. I mean it is big news that they are finally saying it will be fixed in October.

I haven't heard anyone else. But people could call and ask for update phone number is 01737367600. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So, no new news. But had a phonecall from sales manager of my local dealer this afternoon.

After a phonecall to them last month, and an email to them approx 1 week ago to ask about free charger i had installed, with no reply, i asked Toyota through chat on Toyota website very recently. Toyota customer services then emailed yesterday to ask which dealer i ordered with, which I'm guessing is what prompted the phonecall.

To paraphrase, he said that they've been in touch with Toyota and there's still no update on the fix for car, or when it would be done, but Toyota are adamant that there will be a big update during October, so nothing that we didn't already know.

I asked specifically if that meant that my car would be fixed and i could take delivery before the end of October, to which he said that he couldn't guarantee that as they had no other information from Toyota.

He asked if i was wanting to keep my order in place or cancel, and either way, the free charger i have had installed is mine, with Toyota not pursuing any money back from me for this.

I informed him i have placed an order for a Tesla Model Y, with an expected delivery date sometime in November. If the Toyota fix drags on and on, and i can take delivery of the Model Y, that that is the route I'll take. 

I agreed to keep my order as is, as the BZ4X would be my preferred choice, and he assured me that if later down the line if the extended delivery time doesn't work for me, or i decide to go with the Model Y, then he will also refund my £250 deposit.

So, like i said, no new news on the fix, other than my dealer now confirming some big update from Toyota during October which we have already heard.

I do however now have a free charger, even if i cancel, and i can also get my £250 deposit back, should i wish to do so

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, egg said:

So, no new news. But had a phonecall from sales manager of my local dealer this afternoon.

After a phonecall to them last month, and an email to them approx 1 week ago to ask about free charger i had installed, with no reply, i asked Toyota through chat on Toyota website very recently. Toyota customer services then emailed yesterday to ask which dealer i ordered with, which I'm guessing is what prompted the phonecall.

To paraphrase, he said that they've been in touch with Toyota and there's still no update on the fix for car, or when it would be done, but Toyota are adamant that there will be a big update during October, so nothing that we didn't already know.

I asked specifically if that meant that my car would be fixed and i could take delivery before the end of October, to which he said that he couldn't guarantee that as they had no other information from Toyota.

He asked if i was wanting to keep my order in place or cancel, and either way, the free charger i have had installed is mine, with Toyota not pursuing any money back from me for this.

I informed him i have placed an order for a Tesla Model Y, with an expected delivery date sometime in November. If the Toyota fix drags on and on, and i can take delivery of the Model Y, that that is the route I'll take. 

I agreed to keep my order as is, as the BZ4X would be my preferred choice, and he assured me that if later down the line if the extended delivery time doesn't work for me, or i decide to go with the Model Y, then he will also refund my £250 deposit.

So, like i said, no new news on the fix, other than my dealer now confirming some big update from Toyota during October which we have already heard.

I do however now have a free charger, even if i cancel, and i can also get my £250 deposit back, should i wish to do so

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

what we don't get is this 'there will be a big update during October......'

If it is fixed, how come we have to wait another month for an update ?

It's about three months since the recall, so if it is not fixed, how can they possibly predict it will be fixed in October ?

We have also had our dealer seeming very open to accepting a cancellation, feels like almost encouraging it....

May be missing something of course

On 9/13/2022 at 3:38 PM, bZ4X said:

Even of there is much contradictory information out there. Bz4x said that they exactly said they will come with GOOD news so it has to mean something really positive. 

3 minutes ago, W id said:

Even of there is much contradictory information out there. Bz4x said that they exactly said they will come with GOOD news so it has to mean something really positive. 

Yes but waiting 3 months, 😔 putting us in dark... People really are at their end of patient!

Honestly, I want to hear from Toyota Motor Company for the status of recall not distributor! 

Edit: I am not saying this is bad but come on! 3 months and Toyota had not even made 1 announcement for £50 K first electric vehicle! 

42 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Yes but waiting 3 months, 😔 putting us in dark... People really are at their end of patient!

Honestly, I want to hear from Toyota Motor Company for the status of recall not distributor! 

Edit: I am not saying this is bad but come on! 3 months and Toyota had not even made 1 announcement for £50 K first electric vehicle! 

I’m with you 100 percent. So bad. Now I just want to hear the end of this. When reading what they said to you do you think they will come with more info soon or is it in October they will release more information?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links