Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

22 minutes ago, W id said:

I’m with you 100 percent. So bad. Now I just want to hear the end of this. When reading what they said to you do you think they will come with more info soon or is it in October they will release more information?

As I mentioned earlier, it is a very good sign and AT LEAST we will get an announcement. But frankly, if this is not coming from Toyota Motor Company itself, thus I will always have doubts. 

And if (a big if) fix is found already they would update authorities in the USA and public can reach that portal. Thats another problem. Only logical explanation at the moment is they use all their resources for Crown and sacrificed bolt fix and bz4x re-production.

30 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

As I mentioned earlier, it is a very good sign and AT LEAST we will get an announcement. But frankly, if this is not coming from Toyota Motor Company itself, thus I will always have doubts. 

And if (a big if) fix is found already they would update authorities in the USA and public can reach that portal. Thats another problem. Only logical explanation at the moment is they use all their resources for Crown and sacrificed bolt fix and bz4x re-production.

The waiting game continues 

• Like 1

Mmm, just had a call from a dealership telling me there are no updates on a fix. This is only the 3rd call Ive had since my order in April. I can't help but think of the damage this has done to the Toyota brand. I'm really on the verge of cancelling my order now

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MSNP said:

Mmm, just had a call from a dealership telling me there are no updates on a fix. This is only the 3rd call Ive had since my order in April. I can't help but think of the damage this has done to the Toyota brand. I'm really on the verge of cancelling my order now

Just for my info: did you already made the full payment?... or only a small advance?

1 hour ago, MSNP said:

What is weird is that some people get calls saying big news is coming (meaning there is a fix in October) and som still say there is no updates at all. Why is that. 

2 minutes ago, W id said:

What is weird is that some people get calls saying big news is coming (meaning there is a fix in October) and som still say there is no updates at all. Why is that. 

Be careful one is Toyota UK the other is dealer 😉. But we dont know what Toyota UK good annoucment. I wouldn't consider to be delivered in 2023 as good. But Toyota may take it as good news!?

11 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Be careful one is Toyota UK the other is dealer 😉. But we dont know what Toyota UK good annoucment. I wouldn't consider to be delivered in 2023 as good. But Toyota may take it as good news!?

Also Toyota Norway have confirmed in a official letter a couple of weeks ago  that they are expecting a fix is coming October 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, W id said:

Also Toyota Norway have confirmed in a official letter a couple of weeks ago  that they are expecting a fix is coming October 

Yes, they are properly getting ready for October 😂. They sent letters, released new videos in their official Youtube channel! By the way if I am not mistaken, EV cars are the top selling cars in Norway. They already live life beyond 2030 😊

EV can barely beat ICE cars in the UK market by around 2030.

• Like 1

Had my call from Toyota UK. Hope Max (the person who called) saw the funny side when I told him almost verbatim what he was going to say to me as I’d already read it in the many forums I’m in. 
Pointed out to him October still gave a 2-6 week update window. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ever since the recall around 23 June 2022, there has been a silver BZ4X marooned right outside the main door to Jemca Croydon.

We drive past the dealer every day, and the vehicle has sat there not moving an inch for almost three months.

Just today the BZ4X has dissappeared , and a white car is there instead, possilbly a C-HR.

Has something happened ?  Vehicle taken away to be repaired ? vehicle shipped back to Japan ?

Anyone have any news about this ?

I spotted something. I got the picture from this page: 

https://toyotatimes.jp/toyota_news/1008.html

Look at the picture in that page. This is Mirai. Ican see hydrogen tanks at the bottom and they changed the bolt design? 🤔 I am shocked, shocked shocked! I guess now we know what good news is! Please write your comment. I am not an expert 😂 maybe just confusing? 

1041886671_toyotanews_1008_12(1).thumb.jpg.177c1339c91650ebb7c3e8821b572e02.jpg

Hydrogen tanks prove it's Mirai:20220917_100807.thumb.jpg.a4aa50fa6c185709a1e41cd0d58080a4.jpg

And new bolt/nut design:20220917_100849.thumb.jpg.87f2299a6acd7361317c799c4f4de5b0.jpg

Another picture of Mirai:toyotanews_1008_18.thumb.jpg.92a3c7bd83cd3d18999d686e4ec70fbe.jpg

And old design:

1000544061_2021MiraiX-RayPhoto002_0.thumb.jpg.b5f169f2f6eab80b120756fa2b7d65b5.jpg

Old bolt/nut design:

20220917_101354.thumb.jpg.769379a671b601b38d6178cf859f39c8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, bZ4X said:

I spotted something. I got the picture from this page: 

https://toyotatimes.jp/toyota_news/1008.html

Look at the picture in that page. This is Mirai. Ican see hydrogen tanks at the bottom and they changed the bolt design? 🤔 I am shocked, shocked shocked! I guess now we know what good news is! Please write your comment. I am not an expert 😂 maybe just confusing? 

1041886671_toyotanews_1008_12(1).thumb.jpg.177c1339c91650ebb7c3e8821b572e02.jpg

Hydrogen tanks prove it's Mirai:20220917_100807.thumb.jpg.a4aa50fa6c185709a1e41cd0d58080a4.jpg

And new bolt/nut design:20220917_100849.thumb.jpg.87f2299a6acd7361317c799c4f4de5b0.jpg

Another picture of Mirai:toyotanews_1008_18.thumb.jpg.92a3c7bd83cd3d18999d686e4ec70fbe.jpg

And old design:

1000544061_2021MiraiX-RayPhoto002_0.thumb.jpg.b5f169f2f6eab80b120756fa2b7d65b5.jpg

Old bolt/nut design:

20220917_101354.thumb.jpg.769379a671b601b38d6178cf859f39c8.jpg

This is the bigwst news we had until June. Thanks a lor for your efort to find this  and will to share this with us. 👍

• Like 1

Mirai has nothing to do with the electric platform, if you read the article most of it is from June, pictures prove nothing, the discs are dual fitment what's not uncommon

Mirai RR brake disc 11/2020 on 42431-50110 standard toyota/lexus fitment

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Mirai has nothing to do with the electric platform, if you read the article most of it is from June, pictures prove nothing, the discs are dual fitment what's not uncommon

image.thumb.png.78d384628fb21eb913bcd0668634e52b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dan2020 said:

image.thumb.png.78d384628fb21eb913bcd0668634e52b.png

This is a picture of a bz4x. Now all make sense for me. Till October they are able to deliver spare parts and fix all 2700 already shiped. 

17 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Mirai RR brake disc 11/2020 on 42431-50110 standard toyota/lexus fitment

So you claim that Mirai was always being produced with wheel studs and nuts? Never used bolts? 

it's built in the same factory, the mirai is on the GL-A platform, the BZ4X is e-TNGA platform, as above these are not new pictures they are talking about and official tour in June 22,

2 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

So you claim that Mirai was always being produced with wheel studs and nuts? Never used bolts? 

EPC shows the Mirai with studs and wheel nuts

8 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Then the question is why they suspended production of Mirai during bolt problem? 

Common parts across all cars that are not available, covid is still alive and kicking, you can't just tell half the workers to go home, that is how strikes happen

17 minutes ago, flash22 said:

You are partially correct 😊 Mirais platform is changed after 2019

October 2019: The second-generation Mirai for 2021 model year is announced, based on the rear-wheel drive TNGA platform.[39] It is significantly longer, wider and lower than the first-generation model.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Mirai

What is your comment? 

The bottom line is when implementing new technology is you stick with tried and tested procedures like wheel nuts as most vehicles before you and not try to make out you've found an alternative because invariably as in this case you haven't 

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Common parts across all cars that are not available, covid is still alive and kicking, you can't just tell half the workers to go home, that is how strikes happen

I found first generation used studs but couldnt find any picture or document for second generation. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwji5_rZ6pv6AhVJPcAKHeMYDMwQFnoECEsQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.toyota-tech.eu%2FHYBRID%2FHVDM%2FEN%2FDM32B0U_Revised_201507.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0JkFdI8GCC1HB6ZhBE_E8B

This is from 2015 first generation mirai. It is very obvious they used studs. 

Screenshot_20220917_133523.thumb.jpg.9cf9b531501d689f535c829c6e9fca0d.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links