Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

1 hour ago, lightboxcar said:

Was your car ever actually built, or was it ordered nearer time of the recall ?

Was built middle of May. Was also waiting at Burnaston for the recall to be sorted, which I'm guessing is where it still remains

Subaru is advertising 😊 I really can't understand them. This appeared today at my Instagram. "...Coming soon..."

Screenshot_20220921_192732.thumb.jpg.1d539a915766716d2a978a2bb54adb38.jpg

18 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Subaru is advertising 😊 I really can't understand them. This appeared today at my Instagram. "...Coming soon..."

Screenshot_20220921_192732.thumb.jpg.1d539a915766716d2a978a2bb54adb38.jpg

But if the fix is coming in October it is coming soon :)

22 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Subaru is advertising 😊 I really can't understand them.

Subaru UK is a separate company to Subaru, the manufacturer. Subaru UK is International Motors, who are also the Subaru importer for Ireland and Norway, the UK importer for Isuzu, and who provide the UK aftersales, parts and service for Mitsubishi Motors.

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Subaru UK is a separate company to Subaru, the manufacturer. Subaru UK is International Motors, who are also the Subaru importer for Ireland and Norway, the UK importer for Isuzu, and who provide the UK aftersales, parts and service for Mitsubishi Motors.

So they are official distributor for Subaru in the UK, isn't it? Like Toyota UK? 

18 minutes ago, W id said:

But if the fix is coming in October it is coming soon 🙂

Their soon is minumum 1 month, I suppose 😂😂

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

So they are official distributor for Subaru in the UK, isn't it? Like Toyota UK? 

Yes, but Toyota GB is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Toyota Group.

For example we've heard recently of Toyota Ireland (a private, family-owned company), adopting different servicing requirements to, for instance, Toyota GB.

13 hours ago, bZ4X said:

What do you mean by below? I couldnt catch you sorry 😊 and one more question who is the source? 

I suggested the change being the cause of a change in range and therefore more homologation or testing being required the other week,

I suggested (possibly on the bz4x forum elsewhere) that the change from bolts to nuts could cause them to have to redo the WTLP ratings or something. Someone on there (I don’t know who and I’m not going through hundreds of pages to find it) said that the difference would be so minimal it wasn’t worth the bother. 

• Like 1

By what logic would changing the wheel bolts affect fuel consumption?! Unless of course they were made from some horrendously heavy material or unfeasibly light product. Now, perhaps let’s get back to reality….. 

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

Now, perhaps let’s get back to reality….. 

Until Toyota themselves release an official statement everything else said by dealers & others on the internet is just hear say. 

57 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Until Toyota themselves release an official statement everything else said by dealers & others on the internet is just hear say. 

I agree with you. I expect Toyota Japan to do an annoucment. On the other hand only source we can trust ia Distributors. They wouldn't do any official announcement which is not backed up by Toyota Japan. 

8 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

By what logic would changing the wheel bolts affect fuel consumption?! Unless of course they were made from some horrendously heavy material or unfeasibly light product. Now, perhaps let’s get back to reality….. 

I think it was part of a conversation where they might have wanted to replace the whole hub assembly rather than just the bolts. That could lead to enough weight difference that the WTLP was wrong, even if only by one mile.

1 hour ago, kingrikk said:

I think it was part of a conversation where they might have wanted to replace the whole hub assembly rather than just the bolts. That could lead to enough weight difference that the WTLP was wrong, even if only by one mile.

That's exactly what I meant. Even if it affects 1 mile, all the paperwork and regulations will take much more time than the fix itself.

I was just trying link this delay and possible root cause. This is my assumption, I didnt hear or read anywhere 😊.

Toyota's October production plan is up and there is NO shutdowns listed for the Motomachi plant line #1 (bZ4x, Solterra, Crown and Mirai line). What we don't know is how many models are currently running on that line?  We know, via photo evidence, the Crowns are running but have no clue as to the bZ4X, Solterra and the Mirai (don't care about that one, lol).

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/38043359.html

14 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

Toyota's October production plan is up and there is NO shutdowns listed for the Motomachi plant line #1 (bZ4x, Solterra, Crown and Mirai line). What we don't know is how many models are currently running on that line?  We know, via photo evidence, the Crowns are running but have no clue as to the bZ4X, Solterra and the Mirai (don't care about that one, lol).

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/38043359.html

As you say, we don't know what is actually being produced at Motomachi now that they have implemented a mixed model production line: https://toyotatimes.jp/en/toyota_news/1008.html.

Also 'interesting' to note that Toyota have again reduced forecast production numbers due to ongoing semiconductor shortages which will again impact RAV4 production next month.

Got an email the other day from Lexus saying they were now taking orders for their new BEV.

Starting at over £66k - ouch!!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

Also 'interesting' to note that Toyota have again reduced forecast production numbers due to ongoing semiconductor shortages which will again impact RAV4 production next month.

That’ll help my second hand value nicely I suspect. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Got an email the other day from Lexus saying they were now taking orders for their new BEV.

Starting at over £66k - ouch!!!!!

Including wheels?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kingrikk said:

That’ll help my second hand value nicely I suspect. 

Which car you have RAV4? 

28 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Which car you have RAV4? 

Yes. Dynamic MY21 I think. Very nice but I want to be fully electric and I’m currently plenty in equity on it.

• Like 1

Talked to subaru Sweden today. The official importer. They say they just don’t have any information about when the fix will come or what the fix might be or when the production and deliveries will resume. They are just waiting for information just like us…

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, W id said:

Talked to subaru Sweden today. The official importer. They say they just don’t have any information about when the fix will come or what the fix might be or when the production and deliveries will resume. They are just waiting for information just like us…

Sounds about right to me. I can understand the frustration of potential owners but even when a fix is finally announced and the car back in serial production it will take a finite time to get cars down the track and onto boats.

Toyota NZ/AU have said Q1-Q2 2023 - all current US cars have been pushed back to December 30th

this may be of interest

https://cars.tvbs.com.tw/car-news/74447

If It's anything like the parts supply, some parts have been on back order 12-24 months even tho the systems show backorders of 30/60/90 days they are refreshed another 30/60/90 days and so on

• Sad 1

On 9/21/2022 at 3:21 PM, lightboxcar said:

Just had message on the My Toyota App saying "Contact your retailer..........."

So we previously had app saying the vehicle was at the Derby UK factory en-route to the dealer back in June 2022

Then after the recall , the App went back to "we will notify you when we start building your car...."

Now NOTHING !!!!!, just the order number and vehicle and message saying "Contact your retailer..........."

What has happened ???  Anyone else seeing this ??

Have you neen in touch with your dealer yet?