Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

Don’t bother, I did and they know nothing about why that appears. So I contactedToyota and they called me back this afternoon, apparently there is now a major investigation as this message appears to anyone with any model of Toyota on order.

Seems like Toyota are as bad on systems as they are on building cars at the moment.

• Sad 1

Finally good news and a date, from Reddit:

vegoc says

Hello, i just have a chat with my local toyota concession seller. He tell me that the official release of the bz4x in Canada is for the 1 november and he will get in touch with me after that. Hope it will be the same for you all!

I don't think they would lie about official release. 

38 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Finally good news and a date, from Reddit:

vegoc says

Hello, i just have a chat with my local toyota concession seller. He tell me that the official release of the bz4x in Canada is for the 1 november and he will get in touch with me after that. Hope it will be the same for you all!

I don't think they would lie about official release. 

It’s always just one source. You would want to hear from more sources to be convinced it’s true. 

1 hour ago, W id said:

It’s always just one source. You would want to hear from more sources to be convinced it’s true. 

Thats correct.

Distributor or Toyota Motor will give the final date. I ma waiting for the annoucment Toyota UK will make at the beginning of October. 

11 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Thats correct.

Distributor or Toyota Motor will give the final date. I ma waiting for the annoucment Toyota UK will make at the beginning of October. 

Ok. Have they said announcement will be made beginning of October?

1 minute ago, W id said:

Ok. Have they said announcement will be made beginning of October?

Yes early Q4 they said. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, egg said:

Have you neen in touch with your dealer yet?

Yes, they checked and said all still ok with the order and do not know why the app was asking us to contact them.

So we phoned the Toyota UK number listed in this thread.  They gave us the same answer, and added that an update was coming in Ocotober.

We asked if 'October' meant any time up to 31 Oct for the update, they said yes it could be !

They (Toyota UK ) also said the problem was with the 'wheel hub' , not the studs/bolts.  Not sure if that's been mentioned here before.

Then we asked if it was a wheel hub problem, would replacement of the hubs impact further structually on the vehicle to a degree that would mean re-manufacturing the already shipped vehicles rather than repairing them ?  Answered with 'they don't know..." 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Yes early Q4 they said. 

Early Q4 is really vague, Q4 is a whole three months.

Toyota UK told us today by phone an update was coming in Ocotober.

We asked if 'October' meant any time up to 31 Oct for the update, they said yes it could be !

What the 'update' will be is anyones guess.  Could even be something like we will start production again in 2023,  speculation/conjecture of course , so we will all just have to wait, and wait, and wait.........

41 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Toyota UK told us today by phone an update was coming in Ocotober.

What the 'update' will be is anyones guess.  Could even be something like we will start production again in 2023,  speculation/conjecture of course , so we will all just have to wait, and wait, and wait.........

I dont expect bad news or something would trigger a cancellation chain. I believe, they will give estimated delivery date and summary for the fault. 

13 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I dont expect bad news or something would trigger a cancellation chain. I believe, they will give estimated delivery date and summary for the fault. 

OK, so say for example they have to install new wheel hubs to existing shipped vehicles.  About 2,700 where affected according to the recall.

If Toyota go to the factory and say please manufacture 2,700 of these wheel hubs, maybe that will take a long time.  And it could be FOUR x 2700 ( four wheels each car ), so maybe as much as 10,800 new wheel hubs.  The factory will need to tool up as it would be new component, then of course it has to get regulatory approval etc.  Maybe this all takes many months ?

In this case, 2023 deliveries are very much on the cards.  

On the other hand maybe that is what has already been going on since they found the solution some time ago, but it is odd no news has leaked/emerged about such activities.

Our money is on them re-manufacturing the 2,700 vehicles

Again speculation/conjecture of course.

i don't think you will ever see this car, and certainly not in the USA. As for purchasing it in cash, you need to go direct to the manufacture who will give you a few days to try this car out if it ever arrives and in that way you will get your money back if you reject it. 

Only a fool would purchase this car from a dealer, a  definite no no as you will not be able to get your money back and god help you 

and if this car should come out, its value will take a big hit with such a poor history and would expect the same with Lexus also taking a big hit despite they've kept quiet about everything and have not played any part in this tale of woe other than to make their customers wait and wait. You can now order the Lexus no problem, but it's very expensive so most proberly was built correctly from the off of which we will never know 

8 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

OK, so say for example they have to install new wheel hubs to existing shipped vehicles.  About 2,700 where affected according to the recall.

If Toyota go to the factory and say please manufacture 2,700 of these wheel hubs, maybe that will take a long time.  And it could be FOUR x 2700 ( four wheels each car ), so maybe as much as 10,800 new wheel hubs.  The factory will need to tool up as it would be new component, then of course it has to get regulatory approval etc.  Maybe this all takes many months ?

In this case, 2023 deliveries are very much on the cards.  

On the other hand maybe that is what has already been going on since they found the solution some time ago, but it is odd no news has leaked/emerged about such activities.

Our money is on them re-manufacturing the 2,700 vehicles

Again speculation/conjecture of course.

Yes, I agree that regulatory approval can take time. My personal assumption: As we know recall started in June, and in the worst-case scenario, they identified the cause of the failure and alternative fixes by August. Toyota and Subaru completed tests for solutions by the September. And by now, 80 engineers are working to prepare technical documents to get regulatory approval. They will complete all documents and approvals until mid-November, and the first deliveries by the end of November....

By the way, most likely the design and part change affected the range of the vehicles.

To be honest, I don't mind waiting. My only problem during this recall is Toyotas attitude. They couldn't manage this recall and completely failed. No official annoucment or information what they are currently doing. Customers has be  informed for the every step of recall progress. But sadly complete dead silence from Toyota Motor. 😔

TSB for the TLA recall is. 22SMD-077T (15/09/2022)

given all the information, it's going to be 2023 before you see these cars

11 minutes ago, flash22 said:

TSB for the TLA recall is. 22SMD-077T (15/09/2022)

given all the information, it's going to be 2023 before you see these cars

What is 22SMD-077T? 

39 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

What is 22SMD-077T? 

The TSB reference number for the TLA recall on the BZ4x

19 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

Early Q4 isn't the whole three months - it is what it says. Early Q4 could be anytime from next Saturday!

Bear in mind that until about 2 years ago DVSA used to give manufacturers time to investigate an issue, produce a solution, and have sufficient replacement parts in order to begin rectification, before announcing a recall.

Approx 2 years ago they changed their stance and announce recalls as soon as a safety issue has been determined.

Also solutions need to be approved by the regulatory authority (eg DVSA, NHTSA, etc) in each country before being actioned. Which is where VW came unstuck when they wanted to use a cable tie to correct an issue with the rear seat belt in the Polo becoming unfastened in certain circumstances.

Having experienced recalls in the past, no manufacturer will announce details of the solution until it has been tested and approved, and, to a degree, their hands are tied until this is done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

The TSB reference number for the TLA recall on the BZ4x

Is there any chance you could maybe clear up some of the jargon? I don’t think anyone but you knows what TSB or TLA means. 

3 minutes ago, kingrikk said:

Is there any chance you could maybe clear up some of the jargon? I don’t think anyone but you knows what TSB or TLA means. 

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

In this case TLA doesn't make any sense at all - this recall is for a software update for Lane Trace Assist (LTA) ... yawn ... 😉

3 minutes ago, philip42h said:

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

In this case TLA doesn't make any sense at all - this recall is for a software update for Lane Trace Assist (LTA) ... yawn ... 😉

Yes, but what is 22SMD-077T. Where is it written? I found this online and it is on 01.09.2022 

Seems very simple solution:

https://toyota.jp/recall/2022/0901.html

fat-fingered that post, TSB's are not a recall, and they are paid access on toyota-tech.eu

So strange all questions and answers are disappeared from web page, can you please check and confirm? 🤔

Bz4xToyota bZ4X: your questions answered 

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/comment-page-15/?unapproved=87828&moderation-hash=10946f55f3bfc1243cb92a9956e0d98b#comment-87828

Edited by bZ4X

26 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

So strange all questions and answers are disappeared from web page, can you please check and confirm? 🤔

Confirmed ... it still states that there are 401 comments but they all appear to be 'hidden'. It could be a conspiracy but it's more likely the other thing. Also, comments in the 'mag' are hardly a definitive source of information so there's not much lost really ... 😉

Edit: ... and now they are back: https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/#comments

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Confirmed ... it still states that there are 401 comments but they all appear to be 'hidden'. It could be a conspiracy but it's more likely the other thing. Also, comments in the 'mag' are hardly a definitive source of information so there's not much lost really ... 😉

Thank you for confirming! If any specification changed with the car, they will want to delete answers as they will not be reflecting the updated specs anymore. Lets see if this is a simple glitch or not...