Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

1 hour ago, Niponyoshi said:

Yes. They said nothing about limiting 2 fast charge in 1 day.

… and each fast charge will be limited to around 80% then go into a slow charge mode.

Just now, ernieb said:

… and each fast charge will be limited to around 80% then go into a slow charge mode.

Yes. Japanese in the Japanese video say that too….. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W id said:

Toyota should have it high on their priority list. They have everything built in to the car so they need to work on the software. Shouldn’t be that complicated. 

I agree, having EV without this feature is always headache. They must give same priority like tyres fall off. 

14 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I agree, having EV without this feature is always headache. They must give same priority like tyres fall off. 

They will notice. Soon journalists will try real production cars and do more thorough testing when they can have them more then 30 minutes and this will come up in every testing. 

3 hours ago, swoop5511 said:

basically you're driving from A to B. Distance exceeds your car's range and lets say its actually multiple stops. Route charge planning is part of your car's navigational software but takes into account your current SOC (state of charge) and your use of electricity while driving. I.e. is it cold, or hot, AC running, are you driving at 60 or 80 mph etc. Good software will plan the route at start of your journey and also should allow you to select only x type of charges. In this case for example, you likely only want 150kw/h chargers and not 50 kw/h chargers etc and the software will then plan your route with these options in mind. Similarly, you should be able to select that you want to arrive at destination with x SOC. lets say 25% and so on. That is now the norm and expectation for every BEV. Hope that explains it. I may not calling it by the right name ...

Again, every car launched last year and some this year launched without, but every single manufacturer has or is in the process of releasing updates that allow this. Toyota has not confirmed that they will. 

Thanks for the excellent reply and explanation.

we simply assumed this would be same as Tesla and standard on the car when we ordered the bz4x

quite shocked it seems maybe not inlcuded, how on earth can you go on a long drive without this function ???

And if the car is limited to two fast charges per day ( see above post by Niponyoshi ) the max daily range will be less than 500 miles in real world conditons ???  Very much hope this is wrong, as it will have very serious impact on whether we accept the vehicle

11 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Thanks for the excellent reply and explanation.

we simply assumed this would be same as Tesla and standard on the car when we ordered the bz4x

quite shocked it seems maybe not inlcuded, how on earth can you go on a long drive without this function ???

And if the car is limited to two fast charges per day ( see above post by Niponyoshi ) the max daily range will be less than 500 miles in real world conditons ???  Very much hope this is wrong, as it will have very serious impact on whether we accept the vehicle

I think the problem is that nobody knows! Until there are some cars on the roads and being given some everyday testing to get an accurate real world range it’s all a guess. Unfortunately made worse by the updating on the fly of information on what you can and can not do with regard to charging etc.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I think the problem is that nobody knows! Until there are some cars on the roads and being given some everyday testing to get an accurate real world range it’s all a guess. Unfortunately made worse by the updating on the fly of information on what you can and can not do with regard to charging etc.

Thank you, but surely 'limited to two fast charges per day ...' should be in official Toyota information.

If it's true, then a 'road trip to Vienna' ( such as other menbers have enjoyed ) in tihs vehicle is impossible !!

On 6/24/2022 at 8:39 AM, Roy124 said:

I note the laugh 😄

However I wonder where the action that loosens the bolts comes from. 

Years ago, having dragged a caravan from Scotland, wrecked the jockey wheel driving from Zeebrugge to Luxembourg, we stopped in a Hypermarche. 

Having grossly overloaded the caravan I drove to a quieter part of the car park for lunch.  My wife walked and reported a funny rattle noise. 

I took the hub cap off and 3 bolts fell out.  The 4th was tight.  TG for hub caps, remember them. 

You would have taken a bolt from each of the other three wheels and it would have been hunky dory, and got you home 🤣😂👍

The fix is now avable I presume as production has restarted Today. 

33 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Thank you, but surely 'limited to two fast charges per day ...' should be in official Toyota information.

If it's true, then a 'road trip to Vienna' ( such as other menbers have enjoyed ) in poo vehicle is impossible !!

Well ... if the bZ4X is charged overnight (slowly) and then supplemented with two fast charges that would amount to a range of around 700 - 750 miles. At, say, 60 mph that might well take in excess of 12 hours. Just how long do members want to spend driving each day? 😉

And, for the record, on our trip to Vienna we were doing around 700 km (450 miles) each day - the range of the bZ4X is easily enough to accomplish that. The reason that I wouldn't set out for Vienna in a bZ4X is that I wouldn't (yet) be able to find the necessary overnight charge points and en route fast charge points ... 😞

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Well ... if the bZ4X is charged overnight (slowly) and then supplemented with two fast charges that would amount to a range of around 700 - 750 miles. At, say, 60 mph that might well take in excess of 12 hours. Just how long do members want to spend driving each day? 😉

And, for the record, on our trip to Vienna we were doing around 700 km (450 miles) each day - the range of the bZ4X is easily enough to accomplish that. The reason that I wouldn't set out for Vienna in a bZ4X is that I wouldn't (yet) be able to find the necessary overnight charge points and en route fast charge points ... 😞

Thank you !

Just read through the relevant parts of the 674 page BZ4X Owners Manual ( Owners Manual_Europe_M42D76_en ).  Assuming DC is fast charge, and AC normal charge ??

The only reference to DC charging frequency is :

It is recommended to avoid frequent
DC charging to prevent a decline in
the traction Battery capacity.
●Quickly move from the DC charging for other users after the DC
charging is completed

The last part should be included in PETROL car manuals too !!!!

So it appears the claim limited to two fast charges per day ... may be spurious ?

Your range point is quite fair and reasonable.  We did a 500 mile trip in one day recently, not sure it would be safe to do more, was quite ready to sleep after that.....

As for Vienna , where we have visited may times and is lovely, we also have a RAV4 PHEV on order , but given the delivery dates, perhaps Calais may be substute destiantion in the meantime...........

It apears to be only type a chargers slow chargers unless the spec has improved.