Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

8 minutes ago, Malop said:

They did confirm the cars were being fixed at Burnaston and their notes said it was just bolts not the entire wheel (unlike in USA). 

Apparently the US wheels are a different spec to the rest of the world version. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Malop said:

Just spoken to Toyota Online (who are my dealer as I’ve ordered a Premier) and they have about the same information as us (less actually as they don’t track oversees news). 
No official announcement on the recall fix from Toyota UK, in fact no official announcement about the end of the recall apart from the comments section mentioned above. 
They did confirm the cars were being fixed at Burnaston and their notes said it was just bolts not the entire wheel (unlike in USA). 
They weren’t able to give me any timescales or next steps and they also felt that the MyT app may not be updated until the car is being shipped to dealer. 
The person did kindly offer to schedule another call with me if I hadn’t heard anything, but they suggested 1st Nov for that call. I explained I was hoping for a car before then but accepted it was out of their hands. 
I do sympathise with the people I talk to in Online Sales as they just end up having to apologise on behalf of Toyota UK around the communication. 

This is bizarre !

From Ernie above, US cars vs UK cars :  essentially the same mechanics, engines, batteries, motors etc. ....

If the US cars are getting new hubs, wheels and bolts, how come the UK cars only get bolts ?

Just now, forkingabout said:

Apparently the US wheels are a different spec to the rest of the world version. 

That would be pretty good news if correct !!!

Mind you if it is only a case if fitting new bolts, surely they can get that done before 01 NOV 2022

We can volenteer to go up to Derby and fit the bolts if they are struggling.....

• Haha 1

Have to say , think we have all been treated very poorly in this long drawn out sorry saga

Toyoya are giving the impression that they don't really care a hoot about any of us, i.e we are not worth keeping properly and courteously informed

• Sad 1

Just had a call with my local dealer. They will change only the hub bolts but they are waiting for the official "GO" and documentation from Toyota's side. And after that...I WILL HAVE MY CAR...🥳

• Like 7

I ordered my BZ4X back in beginning of June, was given a delivery date of 26th September - that was obviously bumped back. But have just been given a new deliver date this morning of 5th December - Looks like i might be getting an early Christmas present! (or is it a late birthday present!).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Dan2020 said:

Just had a call with my local dealer. They will change only the hub bolts but they are waiting for the official "GO" and documentation from Toyota's side. And after that...I WILL HAVE MY CAR...🥳

Wonder how many of us with an active order for BZ4X are left ??

Our dealer told us majority  / most of thier customers had cancelled thier orders for this vehicle

37 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Wonder how many of us with an active order for BZ4X are left ??

Our dealer told us majority  / most of thier customers had cancelled thier orders for this vehicle

Got a Motion FWD on order since early June. Have not yet heard from my dealer. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, swoop5511 said:

Got a Motion FWD on order since early June. Have not yet heard from my dealer. 

That is poor, really poor.  These cars are not cheap

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy BZ4x said:

I ordered my BZ4X back in beginning of June, was given a delivery date of 26th September - that was obviously bumped back. But have just been given a new deliver date this morning of 5th December - Looks like i might be getting an early Christmas present! (or is it a late birthday present!).

This is the first time someone sharing a delivery date. I hope they can keep their promise. 

TSB's are Live on the portal as of 07/10/2022

22SMD-064

Hub Bolts Replacements on Toyota bZ4X

22SMD-091  

Front Curtain Shield Airbag Strap Inspection (on Both Sides)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That is the European portal (UK dealers use this) and its paid access www.toyota-tech.eu

if you google it, you may find it for free, be aware 22SMD-064 number has been updater since 07/07

• Thanks 1

Interesting. If the solution is a washer plus a rubber o-ring => this bolt will be sibject to periodocal replacement... Good to know. Thanks for sharing. 

Seriously? The fix is basically a nylock?!

And what if people use aftermarket bolts!?

I feel like they're not taking this seriously...

Soon official updated UK user manuals will be published by Toyota UK. We must compare it with Japanese version. 

If above is accurate, our concern would be when new tyres are fitted.

Will we be expected to have this done ONLY at official Toyota dealer ?

4 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

If above is accurate, our concern would be when new tyres are fitted.

Will we be expected to have this done ONLY at official Toyota dealer ?

Fix yes.

But I don't think we have to have the tires changed only at the dealer.

6 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Fix yes.

But I don't think we have to have the tires changed only at the dealer.

But o-rings are perishable, so when a tyre is changed, possibly the o-ring needs replaced, and the washer need to be retained ( if it can be re-used ? )

Do we trust the avarage 'tyres-r-us' outfit to do this competently with correct parts ?

The only thing is torque when you change tire. 
If they write for exemple 140nm, you should  put 140nm. For that, just need special tools (i don’t know the name in English) to do it. No need to go to the garage when you change summer tire to winter tire for exemple. 
just do it right ! That all. 

• Thanks 1

Torque wrench - a decent tyre fitting centre / mechanic will always use one on wheel nuts / bolts.

I would say the O ring is just to stop the washer falling off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links