Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

90942-02083 2nd gen 11/2020 onwards

1154171486_mirairearhub.thumb.jpg.f59296a748586f985f30bc41401042c9.jpg

Yes. I guess, you are right! Mirai was always using this stud design. 

I checked from that site and saying this is for mirai 2021-...

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~bolt~hub~for~front~axle~rh~90942-02083.html

😔😔😔

Talked to my dealer in Sweden and the Toyota importer yesterday and both said they have no news not even the October announcement. No update at all. What a **** show this has become because of Toyota giving different countries different stories instead of just making one official announcement. 

32 minutes ago, W id said:

Talked to my dealer in Sweden and the Toyota importer yesterday and both said they have no news not even the October announcement. No update at all. What a **** show this has become because of Toyota giving different counties different stories instead of just making one official announcement. 

Yes thats the problem. Bz4x belongs to Toyota but almost reject it?! 😂

Customer: Hey Toyota what happened to my bz4x? 

Toyota: Which bz4x? I have no idea 🤓. Ask Subaru or your distributor. They know more than we know 🤥

This recall is turning into some kind of Japanese stand-up joke. 

human-car-musical.gif 

10 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Yes thats the problem. Bz4x belongs to Toyota but almost reject it?! 😂

Customer: Hey Toyota what happened to my bz4x? 

Toyota: Which bz4x? I have no idea 🤓. Ask Subaru or your distributor. They know more than we know 🤥

This recall is turning into some kind of Japanese stand-up joke. 

human-car-musical.gif 

In 1985 an electric car was launched in the UK, the Sinclair C5.  Soon afterwards the manufacturer went bankrupt.

Could the news blackout from Toyota indicate that the BZ4X is now also doomed and spell the start of the end of the company ?

2 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

In 1985 an electric car was launched in the UK, the Sinclair C5.  Soon afterwards the manufacturer went bankrupt.

Could the news blackout from Toyota indicate that the BZ4X is now also doomed and spell the start of the end of the company ?

Dont think so, but Nokia or blackberry is a good example 😊. If you dont put customer in the center, a new innovative company will rise and collaps your empire in the market. In my view, agility and responsiveness are just as important as producing good products. Toyota invented many new methods and technologies in their history. This doesn't mean this will help them 50 years later.  Now what a see is a very traditional company (Toyota).

Anyway topic is bz4x and recall... My personal view is not changed (Unless they make a suprise): they will start production in mid of September and first deliveries in mid of November (I suppose they will fix our parked cars).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Dont think so, but Nokia or blackberry is a good example 😊. If you dont put customer in the center, a new innovative company will rise and collaps your empire in the market. In my view, agility and responsiveness are just as important as producing good products. Toyota invented many new methods and technologies in their history. This doesn't mean this will help them 50 years later.  Now what a see is a very traditional company (Toyota).

Anyway topic is bz4x and recall... My personal view is not changed (Unless they make a suprise): they will start production in mid of September and first deliveries in mid of November (I suppose they will fix our parked cars).

You think they have started production? I don’t know. But I did see an instagram post from a dealer somewhere in Europe that showed the car and said it has a 22w ac charger…

9 minutes ago, W id said:

You think they have started production? I don’t know. But I did see an instagram post from a dealer somewhere in Europe that showed the car and said it has a 22w ac charger…

I believe they did this week or will before month end. Because they have to start production unless they scrap the all beyond zero idea 😊. It takes 2 months between producing and delivering the car to dealers. 

Hmm thats interesting! As far as I know only Nissan Ariya comes with 22W charger? 

2 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I believe they did this week or will before month end. Because they have to start production unless they scrap the all beyond zero idea 😊. It takes 2 months between producing and delivering the car to dealers. 

Hmm thats interesting! As far as I know only Nissan Ariya comes with 22W charger? 

I have heard the boat from Japan takes 10 weeks….according to my dealer. 

15 minutes ago, W id said:

The wheels fell off the BZ4X.  Maybe the propellors will fall off the boat.........😀

• Haha 3

Another update user Motch6 from bz4x USA forum:

The latest from a screen shot from my sales rep... It has changed again...

"Last time it was updated to 8/30/22 to a 49-day hold and previously I had calculated that meant mid-October.

NOW?? it changed back to the original Hold date back on 5/26 (and 6/2 not sure why there are two dates in there)... BUT now the update says 168-DAYS !!!.... from my calculation of the last update (with the 49-day hold) that would mean this just added an additional 28-days! UGH! That means MID-NOVEMBER !!! This sucks, actually, it wouldn't suck so much if Toyota would actually communicate something with us!

**PS: that for sure means the tax-credit gets cut in half (for those of us with binding agreements that would have given us the FULL credit had it been delivered by 9/30). grrr."

15 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Another update user Motch6 from bz4x USA forum:

The latest from a screen shot from my sales rep... It has changed again...

"Last time it was updated to 8/30/22 to a 49-day hold and previously I had calculated that meant mid-October.

NOW?? it changed back to the original Hold date back on 5/26 (and 6/2 not sure why there are two dates in there)... BUT now the update says 168-DAYS !!!.... from my calculation of the last update (with the 49-day hold) that would mean this just added an additional 28-days! UGH! That means MID-NOVEMBER !!! This sucks, actually, it wouldn't suck so much if Toyota would actually communicate something with us!

**PS: that for sure means the tax-credit gets cut in half (for those of us with binding agreements that would have given us the FULL credit had it been delivered by 9/30). grrr."

Who knows what anything means anymore if this happened to everyone it might be a sign but since everyone seems to be getting different data it feels that it’s just Toyotas system that can’t deal with this recall. 

11 hours ago, W id said:

I don't think that actual ship trip is 10 weeks, I think the 10 weeks includes time at dock, shipment via truck/train to dealer, etc.

The ship from Japan to the US East Coast (New York) was 28 days.  Ship moved East from Japan, approached the US West coast, turned South-East down to the Panama Canal, Turned North East and finally North to New York Harbor.

(the 28 days was the time that mine left the port in Japan to the time of arrival at the Port of New York - kind of cool to track and have screenshots of webcams of it passing through the Panama Canal and entering New York Harbor :D)

• Like 2

Just thinking loudly, Toyota designed the car as light as possible to gain more mileage. Thus, any design change in the car may affect the range. And also cars drag coefficient is 2.6 and this is a very good score. 

Conspiracy theory: Think, If the design change has resulted in less than the declared range, Toyota will consider increasing the Battery capacity. How a simple problem became complex and took so long to solve. 😊

I suggested the change being the cause of a change in range and therefore more homologation or testing being required the other week, and was told in no uncertain terms that the change between bolts and nuts wouldn’t cause that much difference. But I am just repeating someone else’s info!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kingrikk said:

I suggested the change being the cause of a change in range and therefore more homologation or testing being required the other week, and was told in no uncertain terms that the change between bolts and nuts wouldn’t cause that much difference. But I am just repeating someone else’s info!

What do you mean by below? I couldnt catch you sorry 😊 and one more question who is the source? 

I suggested the change being the cause of a change in range and therefore more homologation or testing being required the other week,

Some people who ordered Subaru Solterra: delivery is pushed back to December and one sales manager informed his customer that this is the last delay 😊... To be continued... 

Just had message on the My Toyota App saying "Contact your retailer..........."

So we previously had app saying the vehicle was at the Derby UK factory en-route to the dealer back in June 2022

Then after the recall , the App went back to "we will notify you when we start building your car...."

Now NOTHING !!!!!, just the order number and vehicle and message saying "Contact your retailer..........."

What has happened ???  Anyone else seeing this ??

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Just had message on the My Toyota App saying "Contact your retailer..........."

So we previously had app saying the vehicle was at the Derby UK factory en-route to the dealer back in June 2022

Then after the recall , the App went back to "we will notify you when we start building your car...."

Now NOTHING !!!!!, just the order number and vehicle and message saying "Contact your retailer..........."

What has happened ???  Anyone else seeing this ??

No, not me. Mine still back at the beginning saying processing order, we will notify you when we start building your car

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

Some people who ordered Subaru Solterra: delivery is pushed back to December and one sales manager informed his customer that this is the last delay 😊... To be continued... 

saw that but from what I read everyone got the same delivery date which is impossible so that probably isn’t the truth either. We really need reliable news. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

No, not me. Mine still back at the beginning saying processing order, we will notify you when we start building your car

Was your car ever actually built, or was it ordered nearer time of the recall ?