Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Global Recall Notice

54 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

So they are official distributor for Subaru in the UK, isn't it? Like Toyota UK? 

Yes, but Toyota GB is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Toyota Group.

For example we've heard recently of Toyota Ireland (a private, family-owned company), adopting different servicing requirements to, for instance, Toyota GB.

13 hours ago, bZ4X said:

What do you mean by below? I couldnt catch you sorry 😊 and one more question who is the source? 

I suggested the change being the cause of a change in range and therefore more homologation or testing being required the other week,

I suggested (possibly on the bz4x forum elsewhere) that the change from bolts to nuts could cause them to have to redo the WTLP ratings or something. Someone on there (I don’t know who and I’m not going through hundreds of pages to find it) said that the difference would be so minimal it wasn’t worth the bother. 

• Like 1

By what logic would changing the wheel bolts affect fuel consumption?! Unless of course they were made from some horrendously heavy material or unfeasibly light product. Now, perhaps let’s get back to reality….. 

57 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Until Toyota themselves release an official statement everything else said by dealers & others on the internet is just hear say. 

I agree with you. I expect Toyota Japan to do an annoucment. On the other hand only source we can trust ia Distributors. They wouldn't do any official announcement which is not backed up by Toyota Japan. 

8 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

By what logic would changing the wheel bolts affect fuel consumption?! Unless of course they were made from some horrendously heavy material or unfeasibly light product. Now, perhaps let’s get back to reality….. 

I think it was part of a conversation where they might have wanted to replace the whole hub assembly rather than just the bolts. That could lead to enough weight difference that the WTLP was wrong, even if only by one mile.

1 hour ago, kingrikk said:

I think it was part of a conversation where they might have wanted to replace the whole hub assembly rather than just the bolts. That could lead to enough weight difference that the WTLP was wrong, even if only by one mile.

That's exactly what I meant. Even if it affects 1 mile, all the paperwork and regulations will take much more time than the fix itself.

I was just trying link this delay and possible root cause. This is my assumption, I didnt hear or read anywhere 😊.

Toyota's October production plan is up and there is NO shutdowns listed for the Motomachi plant line #1 (bZ4x, Solterra, Crown and Mirai line). What we don't know is how many models are currently running on that line?  We know, via photo evidence, the Crowns are running but have no clue as to the bZ4X, Solterra and the Mirai (don't care about that one, lol).

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/38043359.html

14 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

Toyota's October production plan is up and there is NO shutdowns listed for the Motomachi plant line #1 (bZ4x, Solterra, Crown and Mirai line). What we don't know is how many models are currently running on that line?  We know, via photo evidence, the Crowns are running but have no clue as to the bZ4X, Solterra and the Mirai (don't care about that one, lol).

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/38043359.html

As you say, we don't know what is actually being produced at Motomachi now that they have implemented a mixed model production line: https://toyotatimes.jp/en/toyota_news/1008.html.

Also 'interesting' to note that Toyota have again reduced forecast production numbers due to ongoing semiconductor shortages which will again impact Rav4 production next month.

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

Also 'interesting' to note that Toyota have again reduced forecast production numbers due to ongoing semiconductor shortages which will again impact RAV4 production next month.

That’ll help my second hand value nicely I suspect. 

• Like 1

Talked to subaru Sweden today. The official importer. They say they just don’t have any information about when the fix will come or what the fix might be or when the production and deliveries will resume. They are just waiting for information just like us…

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, W id said:

Talked to subaru Sweden today. The official importer. They say they just don’t have any information about when the fix will come or what the fix might be or when the production and deliveries will resume. They are just waiting for information just like us…

Sounds about right to me. I can understand the frustration of potential owners but even when a fix is finally announced and the car back in serial production it will take a finite time to get cars down the track and onto boats.

Toyota NZ/AU have said Q1-Q2 2023 - all current US cars have been pushed back to December 30th

this may be of interest

https://cars.tvbs.com.tw/car-news/74447

If It's anything like the parts supply, some parts have been on back order 12-24 months even tho the systems show backorders of 30/60/90 days they are refreshed another 30/60/90 days and so on

• Sad 1

On 9/21/2022 at 3:21 PM, lightboxcar said:

Just had message on the My Toyota App saying "Contact your retailer..........."

So we previously had app saying the vehicle was at the Derby UK factory en-route to the dealer back in June 2022

Then after the recall , the App went back to "we will notify you when we start building your car...."

Now NOTHING !!!!!, just the order number and vehicle and message saying "Contact your retailer..........."

What has happened ???  Anyone else seeing this ??

Have you neen in touch with your dealer yet?

Don’t bother, I did and they know nothing about why that appears. So I contactedToyota and they called me back this afternoon, apparently there is now a major investigation as this message appears to anyone with any model of Toyota on order.

Seems like Toyota are as bad on systems as they are on building cars at the moment.

• Sad 1

Finally good news and a date, from Reddit:

vegoc says

Hello, i just have a chat with my local toyota concession seller. He tell me that the official release of the bz4x in Canada is for the 1 november and he will get in touch with me after that. Hope it will be the same for you all!

I don't think they would lie about official release. 

38 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Finally good news and a date, from Reddit:

vegoc says

Hello, i just have a chat with my local toyota concession seller. He tell me that the official release of the bz4x in Canada is for the 1 november and he will get in touch with me after that. Hope it will be the same for you all!

I don't think they would lie about official release. 

It’s always just one source. You would want to hear from more sources to be convinced it’s true. 

1 hour ago, W id said:

It’s always just one source. You would want to hear from more sources to be convinced it’s true. 

Thats correct.

Distributor or Toyota Motor will give the final date. I ma waiting for the annoucment Toyota UK will make at the beginning of October. 

11 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Thats correct.

Distributor or Toyota Motor will give the final date. I ma waiting for the annoucment Toyota UK will make at the beginning of October. 

Ok. Have they said announcement will be made beginning of October?

5 hours ago, egg said:

Have you neen in touch with your dealer yet?

Yes, they checked and said all still ok with the order and do not know why the app was asking us to contact them.

So we phoned the Toyota UK number listed in this thread.  They gave us the same answer, and added that an update was coming in Ocotober.

We asked if 'October' meant any time up to 31 Oct for the update, they said yes it could be !

They (Toyota UK ) also said the problem was with the 'wheel hub' , not the studs/bolts.  Not sure if that's been mentioned here before.

Then we asked if it was a wheel hub problem, would replacement of the hubs impact further structually on the vehicle to a degree that would mean re-manufacturing the already shipped vehicles rather than repairing them ?  Answered with 'they don't know..." 

• Thanks 1