Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Global Recall Notice


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Yes early Q4 they said. 

Early Q4 is really vague, Q4 is a whole three months.

Toyota UK told us today by phone an update was coming in Ocotober.

We asked if 'October' meant any time up to 31 Oct for the update, they said yes it could be !

What the 'update' will be is anyones guess.  Could even be something like we will start production again in 2023,  speculation/conjecture of course , so we will all just have to wait, and wait, and wait.........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Early Q4 is really vague, Q4 is a whole three months.

Toyota UK told us today by phone an update was coming in Ocotober.

We asked if 'October' meant any time up to 31 Oct for the update, they said yes it could be !

What the 'update' will be is anyones guess.  Could even be something like we will start production again in 2023,  speculation/conjecture of course , so we will all just have to wait, and wait, and wait.........

I dont expect bad news or something would trigger a cancellation chain. I believe, they will give estimated delivery date and summary for the fault. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I dont expect bad news or something would trigger a cancellation chain. I believe, they will give estimated delivery date and summary for the fault. 

OK, so say for example they have to install new wheel hubs to existing shipped vehicles.  About 2,700 where affected according to the recall.

If Toyota go to the factory and say please manufacture 2,700 of these wheel hubs, maybe that will take a long time.  And it could be FOUR x 2700 ( four wheels each car ), so maybe as much as 10,800 new wheel hubs.  The factory will need to tool up as it would be new component, then of course it has to get regulatory approval etc.  Maybe this all takes many months ?

In this case, 2023 deliveries are very much on the cards.  

On the other hand maybe that is what has already been going on since they found the solution some time ago, but it is odd no news has leaked/emerged about such activities.

Our money is on them re-manufacturing the 2,700 vehicles

Again speculation/conjecture of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i don't think you will ever see this car, and certainly not in the USA. As for purchasing it in cash, you need to go direct to the manufacture who will give you a few days to try this car out if it ever arrives and in that way you will get your money back if you reject it. 

Only a fool would purchase this car from a dealer, a  definite no no as you will not be able to get your money back and god help you 

and if this car should come out, its value will take a big hit with such a poor history and would expect the same with Lexus also taking a big hit despite they've kept quiet about everything and have not played any part in this tale of woe other than to make their customers wait and wait. You can now order the Lexus no problem, but it's very expensive so most proberly was built correctly from the off of which we will never know 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

OK, so say for example they have to install new wheel hubs to existing shipped vehicles.  About 2,700 where affected according to the recall.

If Toyota go to the factory and say please manufacture 2,700 of these wheel hubs, maybe that will take a long time.  And it could be FOUR x 2700 ( four wheels each car ), so maybe as much as 10,800 new wheel hubs.  The factory will need to tool up as it would be new component, then of course it has to get regulatory approval etc.  Maybe this all takes many months ?

In this case, 2023 deliveries are very much on the cards.  

On the other hand maybe that is what has already been going on since they found the solution some time ago, but it is odd no news has leaked/emerged about such activities.

Our money is on them re-manufacturing the 2,700 vehicles

Again speculation/conjecture of course.

 Yes, I agree that regulatory approval can take time. My personal assumption: As we know recall started in June, and in the worst-case scenario, they identified the cause of the failure and alternative fixes by August. Toyota and Subaru completed tests for solutions by the September. And by now, 80 engineers are working to prepare technical documents to get regulatory approval. They will complete all documents and approvals until mid-November, and the first deliveries by the end of November....

By the way, most likely the design and part change affected the range of the vehicles.

 

To be honest, I don't mind waiting. My only problem during this recall is Toyotas attitude. They couldn't manage this recall and completely failed. No official annoucment or information what they are currently doing. Customers has be  informed for the every step of recall progress. But sadly complete dead silence from Toyota Motor. 😔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

Early Q4 is really vague, Q4 is a whole three months.

Early Q4 isn't the whole three months - it is what it says. Early Q4 could be anytime from next Saturday!

Bear in mind that until about 2 years ago DVSA used to give manufacturers time to investigate an issue, produce a solution, and have sufficient replacement parts in order to begin rectification, before announcing a recall.

Approx 2 years ago they changed their stance and announce recalls as soon as a safety issue has been determined.

Also solutions need to be approved by the regulatory authority (eg DVSA, NHTSA, etc) in each country before being actioned. Which is where VW came unstuck when they wanted to use a cable tie to correct an issue with the rear seat belt in the Polo becoming unfastened in certain circumstances.

Having experienced recalls in the past, no manufacturer will announce details of the solution until it has been tested and approved, and, to a degree, their hands are tied until this is done.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

The TSB reference number for the TLA recall on the BZ4x

Is there any chance you could maybe clear up some of the jargon? I don’t think anyone but you knows what TSB or TLA means. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kingrikk said:

Is there any chance you could maybe clear up some of the jargon? I don’t think anyone but you knows what TSB or TLA means. 

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

In this case TLA doesn't make any sense at all - this recall is for a software update for Lane Trace Assist (LTA) ... yawn ... 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, philip42h said:

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

In this case TLA doesn't make any sense at all - this recall is for a software update for Lane Trace Assist (LTA) ... yawn ... 😉

Yes, but what is 22SMD-077T. Where is it written? I found this online and it is on 01.09.2022 

 

Seems very simple solution:

 

https://toyota.jp/recall/2022/0901.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So strange all questions and answers are disappeared from web page, can you please check and confirm? 🤔

Bz4xToyota bZ4X: your questions answered 

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/comment-page-15/?unapproved=87828&moderation-hash=10946f55f3bfc1243cb92a9956e0d98b#comment-87828

Edited by bZ4X
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

So strange all questions and answers are disappeared from web page, can you please check and confirm? 🤔

Confirmed ... it still states that there are 401 comments but they all appear to be 'hidden'. It could be a conspiracy but it's more likely the other thing. Also, comments in the 'mag' are hardly a definitive source of information so there's not much lost really ... 😉

Edit: ... and now they are back: https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/#comments

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Confirmed ... it still states that there are 401 comments but they all appear to be 'hidden'. It could be a conspiracy but it's more likely the other thing. Also, comments in the 'mag' are hardly a definitive source of information so there's not much lost really ... 😉

Thank you for confirming! If any specification changed with the car, they will want to delete answers as they will not be reflecting the updated specs anymore. Lets see if this is a simple glitch or not... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share






×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership