Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

I know that my car is in Sweden. And I need it delivered before 2023 because of tax incentives. So can they just announce the fix really soon! But we are in agreement that they will be coming with an announcement in October right?

12 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I thought that some had been delivered in the US?

3-400 in the states, all on a stop order - not sure if these have been sent back to Japan or not

3 minutes ago, W id said:

I know that my car is in Sweden. And I need it delivered before 2023 because of tax incentives. So can they just announce the fix really soon. But we are in agreement that the will be coming with an announcement in October right?

Very doubtful, US customers have been told late December, even if there is a fix, parts have got to be produced, staff have to be trained, TBH your car could be anywhere, it may have been recalled back to the factory - dealers and importers are saying nothing

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Very doubtful, US customers have been told late December, even if there is a fix, parts have got to be produced, staff have to be trained, TBH your car could be anywhere, it may have been recalled back to the factory - dealers and importers are saying nothing

But if they are announcing a fix in October as has been said by different sources (Toyota uk, Toyota Norway etc) they have had lots of time to source parts already. And as for where my car is. I got en email yesterday from my dealer saying that my car was actually in Sweden. No need for him to tell me that I hadn’t even asked. 

2 minutes ago, W id said:

These are what is planned not to be produced those dates not what is going to be produced? Or am I misreading?

This list refers suspension only. If model is not in this list may be produced 😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W id said:

These are what is planned not to be produced those dates not what is going to be produced? Or am I misreading?

That is correct - you are not misreading. The bZ4X comes from Production line #1 of the Motomachi Plant and there is currently no suspension applied to that particular production line.

You could also read it as there is no suspension, as there is no production to suspend as it's on stop

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

I thought that some had been delivered in the US?

Yes, there were around 260 delivered.  That's why there is a recall on NHTSA site.  All others in the US are in port on QC (Quality Control) hold (mine is on QC hold damnit! 😞 )

47 minutes ago, flash22 said:

3-400 in the states, all on a stop order - not sure if these have been sent back to Japan or not

Unless something has change, they are still here.  They can be seen at the dealers and I can still get charge status on mine at the port (using VIN in Toyota app).  Also, the Solterras (bZ4X clone) have been photographed in a California port around two weeks ago.

On 9/30/2022 at 2:51 PM, flash22 said:

You could also read it as there is no suspension, as there is no production to suspend as it's on stop

Crowns are actively being built on that line at least (photos from Japan lately show that but no photos of bZ4X or Solterra 😞 )

On 9/30/2022 at 3:06 PM, flash22 said:

Just a thought if you have a VIN is the car active on the MyT app ?

If directed to me, in the US we can't track or see production status of an order or allocation (or at least we're not supposed to be able to).  With that said, I entered my allocated bZ4X VIN into the Toyota App and can see charge status and odometer readings.  I don't have any control of the vehicle though as you have to scan a barcode from the touchscreen into the app to get control of the vehicle.

2 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Thanks for the video link

Scary that 8 year old Nissan could only do 38 miles range, that's crazy !!!

Just stopped by my dealership in Carlsbad, CA to swap rental cars. I asked my service advisor questions about any updates and he said they’ve been told nothing, except to direct us to the bz4x customer relations team. At least I was able to look at my car 😭 Hopefully, for the love of god, there’s some news soon.

BEEA14D3-61D1-40FA-A853-7B8C8B5E39BA.jpeg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Thats something expected as no order can be taken. 

Think you are correct, thank you.

Actually , independant and any so called Q4 announcement, if / when we see Toyota accepting orders for bz4x, then we will know the car is on the way .....

My delaer is expecting deliveries in Q1 2023. We might have 23 plate EV car 😊, this means minumum 3 more months waiting. Some people were already expecting this (in 2023) in the forum. Lets see... 

Personally, I still have hope for delivery in November 2022. Any news from your dealers? 

I noticed the latest news from Taiwan today suggesting production of BZ4X resume but the production of RAV4 ceased.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fcpaulcheng said:

I noticed the latest news from Taiwan today suggesting production of BZ4X resume but the production of RAV4 ceased.

Any link for the source please? 

It is writing in Japanese « Toyoda » kanji change if It be the seconde one  so it is not Toyota but Toyoda  

so I think the car is come from Toyota Chi, Japan  (Arround Nagoya)

found on the web and seem new picture (take recently ) 

04A1A17C-93CC-4A6A-B120-818D840B9CC2.jpeg

B1D71595-2327-492B-9FB0-27F8F512484A.jpeg

• Like 1

Website configurator now shows 11kw charger. Also horsepower figures are now showing back to original values, eg the fwd version went from 204hp to 220hp. It's now showing back at original 204hp.

• Like 1