Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi Rav owners New Member

DRW63

I have just bought my first Rav 4, 2020 Hybrid Dynamic in Dacuma Grey, I hope someone has the answer to my question, when using the sat nav and the radio is on is there any way of lowering the radio volume automatically when there is a nav direction ? As the nav volume is set at max, without sound reduction on the audio you can't make out the route guidance, I have owned many cars with sat nav and have never come across this issue ?

Regards David 

Welcome. Are you referring to the inbuilt Sat Nav or via CarPlay/Android Auto? I've only use the inbuilt system a few times but I'm sure the radio volume dips then. With CP/AA I've newer found a way to get it to do that, although I did find the rather unintuitive way to increase the volume of the directions.

Hi Nigel

I am using the inbuilt nav system, I find it strange that there seems no setting to dip the radio volume when nav directions are being given, I have increased the nav volume to max ?

As I am new to Toyota, can you please tell me what CP/AA is ?

Regards David

14 minutes ago, DRW63 said:

As I am new to Toyota, can you please tell me what CP/AA is ?

Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

25 minutes ago, DRW63 said:

I am using the inbuilt nav system, I find it strange that there seems no setting to dip the radio volume when nav directions are being given, I have increased the nav volume to max ?

I can't say that I have any problem with the volume of the nav directions vs the volume of the radio etc.. Perhaps you need to turn the volume of the radio down a tad? 😉

That said, I can't find any setting that mutes or lower the volume of the radio when nav directions are being given. You do have controls to:

• Adjust the volume of the radio in line with the car's speed etc. - meaning that the volume should dip as you slow to approach a junction and increase again as you speed up.
  • An option to repeat the most recent navigation instructions - meaning that as a last resort you could mute the radio and repeat the navigation directions.

It's also worth noting that the navigation instruction appears very clearly and graphically on the MID.

Hi Mike and Phil

Thank you for your help, Toyota use lots of abbreviations in their vehicle,  I find it hard to believe that Toyota do not put this feature into their systems, I have owned many other makes of vehicles and this is the first time that I have come across this issue ?