Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EML Light on requiring new manifold, EGR, cooler with relevant gasket pipes and sensors.

Balbani

Car details: Toyota Avensis 2016 1.6 - Completed 75K miles

Had the EML light on for a few days so took the car to the dealership which resulted in the findings: EML Light on requiring new manifold, EGR, cooler with relevant gasket pipes and sensors.

The cost for these repairs was quoted at £2.2K. Has anyone else had similar problems with their Toyota Avensis? I should add the error code was P00BD - Mass Air Flow. 

This was replaced on my Avensis by recall and no cost to me. Engine was 2.0 D4D 2WW diesel engine 2016/

• Like 3

Unfortunately my Toyota dealership just passed me the bill alongside a payment plan and made no mention of any sort of recall for this issue. I am happy your problem was resolved without having to dash out a hefty sum though! 

53 minutes ago, Balbani said:

Unfortunately my Toyota dealership just passed me the bill alongside a payment plan and made no mention of any sort of recall for this issue. I am happy your problem was resolved without having to dash out a hefty sum though! 

Dam so little miles those cars are nothing but bother those new shape BMW engine Toyota avensis .would ringing Toyota direct not fix it it's a real fresh car 😞

• Like 1

@2009joe Thanks for the advice👍 I will contact Toyota directly to see if anything can be done. Will update on here. 

• Like 1

Yes please update us on this as this is a known manufacturing fault.

• Like 1

DVSA recall No. R/2021/104, 31-05-2021 (this is a safety recall)

Reason for recall

A possibility that the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) cooler could develop an internal coolant leak

Replace the EGR cooler in all involved vehicles and if necessary replace the inlet manifold.

If the car has the recall, the EGR nor intake should not have been charged for, take this up with Toyota customer services

Edit. Toyota TSB 21SMD-029

click to enlarge

917194941_wwt271egrrecall.thumb.jpg.36260d9e432bbe9bab49fb5ecf3a0525.jpg

from the euro recall sites

Due to insufficient durability, the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) cooler may develop an internal coolant leak which could create smouldering deposits inside the EGR cooler and the intake manifold. This may result in localised thermal damage in the intake system, which might lead to engine power reduction and to increased risk of fire.

• 4 months later...
On 6/23/2022 at 10:32 PM, Balbani said:

Car details: Toyota Avensis 2016 1.6 - Completed 75K miles

Had the EML light on for a few days so took the car to the dealership which resulted in the findings: EML Light on requiring new manifold, EGR, cooler with relevant gasket pipes and sensors.

The cost for these repairs was quoted at £2.2K. Has anyone else had similar problems with their Toyota Avensis? I should add the error code was P00BD - Mass Air Flow. 

Do You know what specyfic sensors was repleced due to this P00BD ? Can U attach the bill for repair with parts no. in it ?

On 6/24/2022 at 12:38 AM, Balbani said:

@2009joe Thanks for the advice👍 I will contact Toyota directly to see if anything can be done. Will update on here. 

Do You get any answer from Toyota? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Mat-BBToyota dealership refused to cover any costs for the car. I have still been driving it for the past few months with the same issue. I did not receive any parts no in the repair bill, it just said:  'EML Light on requiring new manifold, EGR, cooler with relevant gasket pipes and sensors'. 

"Do You know what specific sensors was replaced due to this P00BD"  - I have removed no sensor but I was speaking with a taxi driver who was using the same car and he told me he had this same issue continuing despite replacing his MAF sensor. 

54 minutes ago, Balbani said:

Toyota dealership refused to cover any costs for the car

Did you contact Toyota UK rather than just the dealership? Did you also mention the recall details as in earlier posts (Toyota TSB 21SMD-029)?

@FROSTYBALLSYep, long back and forth between Toyota UK and the dealership and I used every angle possible. Ultimately I was told they could not do anything. 

The crazy thing is I have now spoken to 3 random drivers of the same Toyota model and they all had this exact problem. I would recommend anyone interested in this car to pass on this particular model, maybe the issue has been resolved in the newer model. 

2 hours ago, Balbani said:

The crazy thing is I have now spoken to 3 random drivers of the same Toyota model and they all had this exact problem. I would recommend anyone interested in this car to pass on this particular model, maybe the issue has been resolved in the newer model. 

With that info I have on the problem etc would it be a better idea going threw a solisiter and see if he bring Toyota 2 court to fix problem in the Toyota recall there .those new shape Toyota's with the newer BMW engine would turn u off Toyota for life now ffs

• 6 months later...

One of the other people with this issue was able to resolve the problem completely by remapping and deleting EGR+DPF. This is of course illegal and you will fail MOT if they find out you have done this. 

• Like 1