Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris owner

Tonycu

Hello everyone

I have just ordered a new Yaris hybrid icon today and take delivery in December

I had an earlier model Yaris 2010 which my daughter now owns and still runs perfectly I was attracted to the Yaris hybrid due to its low running costs and Toyotas reliability thanks for letting me join your forum.

Welcome Anthony...good choice.

Hello Anthony - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Hi Anthony, welcome to the TOC. A long wait for your new Toyota Yaris. If you can wait for another month you would have a 23 plate.

Hi Anthony, and welcome. It's going to be a long wait.

If you're coming from a petrol Mk2, you'll love it, it's sooo goood! :yahoo: 

I will say the interior of the Mk2 is far superior to the Mk4 - It has so many storage bins and closeable storage areas, making far more efficient use of the dead dashboard space, and those trick rear seats are amazing - I still miss them greatly in Mk4 (Or more correctly, my passenger's legs miss them :laugh: )

But the Mk4's drivetrain is amazing and the car is far more engaging to drive than the Mk2. Never has a normal Yaris had such good handling or acceleration response! The fact that I can hoon like a loon and still get mid-high 70's mpg is some sort of arcane voodoo witchcraft. I'm trying to be good at the moment and am brushing the high-70's/low-80's (Although keeping it there is really hard as the temptation to just shoot off is so hard to resist in this car :laugh: )

• Like 1

I miss my Mk1 Yaris with it's many storage areas in the facia & the moveable rear seats.  The engine was still running sweetly when I sold it in 2016, but the rust was setting in & the rear shocks were going to cost as much as the car was worth to replace.

• Like 1

I still miss my one too; I'll never forgive KHAAAAN! for making me get rid of it before its time, all because of his thinly veiled attempts to extort more money out of drivers without giving anything back, while he runs the capital into the ground.

The Mk1 gets credit for started off all those Yarisisms, with the double-glove-boxes and loads of cubby holes, digital collimated dash etc. I think the Mk2 was the epitome of the clever interior tho' - The rear seats were split 60/40 and could slide independently, unlike the Mk1's sliding rear bench, and it also had a very clever cantilever which allowed the seats to fold flat, unlike the Mk1's slightly weird folding upward seats! :laugh: 

The Mk2 has easily the most rear leg-room of any car in the B-segment with the rear seats pushed all the way back; It even puts a lot of crossover SUVs to shame!

I was so disappointed when the Mk3 came out and had none of that clever stuff that made the Yaris a Yaris. It had the most uninspiring boring interior with none of those clever tricks, and absolutely no USP unlike its predecessors, aside from the main marketing point of the infotainment system, which I didn't care a wit about.

If I could somehow combine the inside of a Mk2 with everything else of the Mk4 that'd be my perfect Yaris! :laugh: 

I do think Khan is a bit unfairly pilloried on here sometimes. He didn't really have any choice.

Like many local mayors, curiously mostly Labour, bringing in a ULEZ is a condtion of getting central government funding.

You can offset this a bit with electric buses, cycle hire schemes and things, or carrying out air tests at quieter times though. The Mayer for a certain city managed to delay ULEZ by carrying out air tests in lockdown. Don't tell anyone!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

If you're coming from a petrol Mk2, you'll love it, it's sooo goood! :yahoo: 

I will say the interior of the Mk2 is far superior to the Mk4 - It has so many storage bins and closeable storage areas, making far more efficient use of the dead dashboard space, and those trick rear seats are amazing - I still miss them greatly in Mk4 (Or more correctly, my passenger's legs miss them :laugh: )

But the Mk4's drivetrain is amazing and the car is far more engaging to drive than the Mk2. Never has a normal Yaris had such good handling or acceleration response! The fact that I can hoon like a loon and still get mid-high 70's mpg is some sort of arcane voodoo witchcraft. I'm trying to be good at the moment and am brushing the high-70's/low-80's (Although keeping it there is really hard as the temptation to just shoot off is so hard to resist in this car :laugh: )

Agreed. Lovely car to drive and brilliant MPG.

Did an 85 mile drive the other day split into 4 chunks. Largely around town and on twisty A roads with lots of roundabouts.

The MPG for that day's driving was 85!

A godsend in these days of record petrol prices.

• Like 2