Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

front brake replace

pwoodgate49

Hi Guys,

Any preference regarding suppliers and brands for front discs and pads for 2012 1 litre petrol Toyota Aygo?.Also is it necessary to get a tool to force the pads apart or will a screwdriver do?,

Thanks,

Peter

I can recommend Juratek, they are a good blend of price and quality.

And yes, you can use a screwdriver.  It needs to be a big strong one.  You can get a start by prising it between the back of the pad and the piston.  Once you have a big enough gap you can then use something bigger  like a tyre lever or a big spanner for instance.

Used Mintex (TMD friction, oem to Toyota) for years with no issue, a pad spreader/ piston push back tool is a big time saver

Thanks for the help guys,i'll let you know how it goes,

Peter

Blueprint also very good quality discs. Pads EBC Ultimax pair with them well and also of a high quality, as good as oem or even better. 

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Pads EBC Ultimax

I wouldn't touch anything EBC with a barge pole, personally seen & also heard far to many issues with there products. 

33 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

I wouldn't touch anything EBC with a barge pole, personally seen & also heard far to many issues with there products. 

I had been using these on my cars exclusively since 2016 and they seems to be very good. Good biting point, minimal brake dust, wearing well, quiet and they even smell as they should, similar to textar, Bosch, paggid. 

14 hours ago, forkingabout said:

I had EBC Green Stuff pads fitted when I upgraded the front disks to drilled and grooved ones on my Mk1, never had any problems with performance, lifetime or excessive brake dust.

Got a set of pads and discs off eBay for £38 - Comline coated discs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links