Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.33 Auris Turbo

Charlton Harry

Hi 

I have a Toyota AurisX MK2 first Gen 1.33 engine. Can someone please advise if it is possible to install a turbo. I haven't heard nor see any 1.33 Auris turbocharged. 

1 hour ago, Charlton Harry said:

i have a Toyota AurisX MK2 first Gen 1.33 engine.

Split away from 15 year old topic and moved to Auris forum

• Thanks 1

The reason you haven't seen it, is it's a bad idea, by the time you have built the engine and installed everything sorted out a standalone ecu, you're into £6K+ for the same sort of power as a 1.8 - then a major bump in insurance costs too

• Like 1

I don't think the 1NR-FE is suitable for forced induction; It's a lightweight all-aluminium eco engine and not very strong. The thin open-deck cylinders would likely not survive very long with anything more than very light turbo-charging...

• Like 1

It would need some major block work, Block guard (aka a sleeve support or sleeve saver) and/or welding, custom pistons to drop the compression from 11.5:1, uprated rods, larger valves, ported and flowed head  the list goes on

It's slightly bizarre that there're far more forced induction mods for the 3-cylinder 1KR-FE Aygo engine than the 1NR-FE :laugh: 

The 1nz-fe is very well-supported for forced induction, but still needs engine work for anything more than 5-6 psi

Yea that's a much stronger engine. IIRC there is actually an official turbo variant of it! :laugh: 

I really should have gotten a Mk2 with one of those and not the 1NR-FE.... that £30 tax band lure was a trap!! :cry: 

Then again if I did I might not have the Mk4 now so I can't complain too much! :biggrin: 

On 6/25/2022 at 9:08 PM, Cyker said:

It's slightly bizarre that there're far more forced induction mods for the 3-cylinder 1KR-FE Aygo engine than the 1NR-FE :laugh: 

I think it is probably due to the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107 being the same car with more mods available, not that I am interested with this type of mod - waste of money. I say when buying a car, get the best available engine and spec if possible. The upgrade/addition I did with my Avensis TR was a better bluetooth with USB that is plug and play, plus controlled by the stereo and steering controls, and full size spare wheel. Very few in UK would modify recent Toyotas. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Konrad C said:

I say when buying a car, get the best available engine and spec if possible.

... or buy that car with the engine you like most, specific to that model... 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links