Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do i change the sat nav to miles

Leo63

Hi I have a new chr gr sport I can not find how to change my sat navigation from km to miles

It a different system to my Toyota Corolla 

Hi all I have sorted it. Now I have just got the problem with the satnav it tells me  to turn when I am at the junction or just gone past the junction or exit on a roundabout. I didn't have this issue with my 2019 corolla but this was a different media system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leo63 said:

Hi all I have sorted it. Now I have just got the problem with the satnav it tells me  to turn when I am at the junction or just gone past the junction or exit on a roundabout. I didn't have this issue with my 2019 corolla but this was a different media system. 

I’ve noticed that some of our members have complained about the quality of sat navs in their Toyota’s in my Yaris I don’t have sat nav, but I use a plugin Garmin one stuck on the windscreen and it’s excellent.

Yes I found some other owners on other forums have got similar problems with the sat navs. But I don't expect to stick another sat nav on my windscreen when I have paid x amount of pounds for car with a built-in sat nav. I will give Toyota a call 

13 hours ago, Leo63 said:

Now I have just got the problem with the satnav it tells me  to turn when I am at the junction or just gone past the junction or exit on a roundabout.

I recognise this 'feature' ... I find the built-in sat nav gives perfectly adequate notice of upcoming junctions and turn directions, but frequently gives the final "turn now" instruction just after I have completed the turn - roundabout exits being the case in point. This applies to my 2020 RAV4 and my wife's 2021 C-HR - we find it a 'feature' that we can live with.

If you get any joy from Toyota, please share ...

• Like 1

Update from Toyota technical they have asked next time when using the sat nav is to video the screen for them and send it too them.

• 4 months later...

Hi Leo63. 
we have the same issue, can’t see how to change from Kms to miles 😖

how did you do it please?

many thanks 😊 

Hi click on the settings cog on the media screen press General then press  language and units  the press miles.

16688652296013613709062807769348.jpg

Oh thanks so much! We had already got to this screen, but the Set Automatically was ON and only kms were showing below. 
Once I’d switched this OFF, miles became another option! Woohoo! 👍😀

On 6/26/2022 at 7:43 PM, Leo63 said:

Similar here at times.