Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Giving access to MyT to dealer

Rav4comingsoonish

Hi … should be getting my new rav4 delivered in 2 weeks - the dealer has asked for my user and password for MyT app so they can do updates … seems weird to me they would need that and set off alarm bells or I am just being over cautious!!  Any advice ? Is this normal?

I had to do the same, when you get the car change your password and change it on the Toyota web site.

14 minutes ago, Rav4comingsoonish said:

Hi … should be getting my new rav4 delivered in 2 weeks - the dealer has asked for my user and password for MyT app so they can do updates … seems weird to me they would need that and set off alarm bells or I am just being over cautious!!  Any advice ? Is this normal?

It's not for your MyT app - that's on your 'phone and your dealer won't have access to that - but rather your My Toyota account (OK, I'm being a tad / very picky 🙂 ). Both the car and your MyT app will log-in using your My Toyota account details.

They will need that if they are going to update your My Toyota account with your new car for you. You don't have to let them do that - you can wait until your car arrives and do it for yourself.

If you want them to set it up for you, maybe change your password to something very generic before allowing them access and change it (back) again once you have your new car?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

If you want them to set it up for you, maybe change your password to something very generic before allowing them access and change it (back) again once you have your new car?

Good call Philip.

Ok thanks everyone