Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

wheel arches

fourbanks

On 6/28/2022 at 8:18 PM, fourbanks said:

it's on all the 22 plate corollas, so you were lucky 

I've been meaning to take a look at my car since i seen your thread but everytime i go out i forgot. Today i cleaned it and made a point of taking a look. I can tell you that my wheel arches definitely don't look anything like yours. Mine are a mixture of pastic and felt and look very neat.

23 minutes ago, dee123456 said:

I've been meaning to take a look at my car since i seen your thread but everytime i go out i forgot. Today i cleaned it and made a point of taking a look. I can tell you that my wheel arches definitely don't look anything like yours. Mine are a mixture of pastic and felt and look very neat.

Thanks for taking a look and confirming the design model 🙂 

My 22 plate 1.8 Design hatch with wheels turned to full lock

A7E48446-1CD4-44E0-9003-FD2F7BE39689.jpeg

9AB2C410-5004-453E-A74B-B5D817ED2567.jpeg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kental said:

My 22 plate 1.8 Design hatch with wheels turned to full lock

A7E48446-1CD4-44E0-9003-FD2F7BE39689.jpeg

9AB2C410-5004-453E-A74B-B5D817ED2567.jpeg

Thanks, Alan 🙂

Having been out today and have looked at all the new intake of corollas all models both 1.8 and 2 litre and all models of Lexus wheel arches I can now confirm as in my previous photo and Alan's above that in going forward is the new finish. Black for all the Lexus range and for most of the corollas, but grey for the Manhattan grey car but in general black

as to why this has come about with this finish which is variable in how it looks, no one knows and from my observations and discussions with various staff of many garages that's how it's going to stay a mystery 

well, I can now get on with enjoying the car. My previous concerns with the colour have also been addressed so that too is now fine. As for the scrapping on the underside of the car in going into my local garage for petrol on a camber, that remains a mystery. 

In summing up, the car drives well for a 1.8 and, overall, a good purchase now my concerns have been addressed 

It will be applied by robot - it looks unsightly it may be an issue in 15-20 years if the car doesn't get turned in to coke can's first or fuel is at £10+ a litre

• Like 1

Looks exactly the same as any other Corolla. Nothing unusual here. Nice and clean new cars 👍 Enjoy your cars and don’t stress unnecessary, until a real problem happens.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, fourbanks said:

, Alan 🙂 (snip) As for the scrapping on the underside of the car in going into my local garage for petrol on a camber, that remains a mystery. (Snip)

Do you by any chance have mudflaps fitted? On a steep ramp on full lock they can touch the ground.

6 hours ago, fourbanks said:

21 minutes ago, RabButler said:

Do you by any chance have mudflaps fitted? On a steep ramp on full lock they can touch the ground.

No rab I didn't. i can live with it, just have to be careful on upward cambers 

Front bumper has a low lip that can be easily a scratched on these cars. Good to be extra careful. 👍

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Front bumper has a low lip that can be easily a scratched on these cars. Good to be extra careful. 👍

When reversing off my mother's drive the underside of the front bumper will scrap the pavement just as the wheels go down the drop-kerb.  I usually park in the road now because of this.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes, my car has very low ground clearance. Already scraped front bumper with kerb whilst parallel parking. Kerb didn't appear particularly high and would have easily cleared it in my old estate car.(presumed  they were same clearance). Be aware of scaping bottom of doors when opening  on these models when loaded too.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links