Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlamp conversion yaris mk4 from halogen to led

Nixy

Morning. Has anyone converted their yaris mk4 headlamps from halogen to led, possibly using a kit that includes a CANBUS? Your help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. 

Ancillary question, what sort of lights does the Cross have? 

The LED ones are sealed units; I imagine the easiest way would be to buy the whole headlamp part and do a straight swap, but likely will cost a lot of money unless you can get one from a scrap yard...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Yaris IV has, depending on the market, either Halogen (in lower spec models) or LED (higher spec models). You have to look closely at the specifications for the market in which you are buying (UK, Ireland, Greece, whatever), to see if the specification that interests you has the lights you want. I expect it would be similar for the Cross.

Peter, thank you, I asked as the online manual (generic) mentioned bulbs

5 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I believe same as standard Yaris, lower spec has halogen bulbs and higher specs from design and above gets led. 

Hi. My car is not a cross. The sealed units are not an option. They are too expensive. I believe a CANBUS is needed so that the car will not flash any faulty bulb warnings. Still no club member has tried this conversion yet. Hmmmm! 

49 minutes ago, Nixy said:

Hi. My car is not a cross. The sealed units are not an option. They are too expensive. I believe a CANBUS is needed so that the car will not flash any faulty bulb warnings. Still no club member has tried this conversion yet. Hmmmm! 

You just need to see what type bulbs you have and buy led replacement. Get Phillips or Osram, something quality and they most likely doesn’t need any extras to   work. You will need to check legal requirements in your county, in uk it’s not allowed to have that. My personal opinion is that either you have them as oem or just buy better halogen bulbs👍

Hi. They do sell philips in this country but state that must not be used on public roads!! Will probably use a Samsung kit comprising two main lamps 2 position lamps and 2 BUSCANS. All warranted to work fine on the mk4 Yaris. Watch this space for a report. 

• Like 1