Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

aygo leaking gearbox oil seal

robbief1234

hi can,,,, anyone tell me can you just lever out the seal in the gear box that the drive shaft goes into with out taking gear box out thanks 

hi it does could not t wait just levered out with a small hooked bar ,,

1 hour ago, robbief1234 said:

hi it does could not t wait just levered out with a small hooked bar ,,

You need to watch this out. Gearbox seal can cause a complete oil loss and seized the transmission or destroy your gears and bearings. Best not to drive the car for long especially on motorways before you properly check those and the oil level. Also if you sense any smell of transmission fluid when walking around the car check those asap. You need to find the reason why the seal would pop out. 
👍

18 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

You need to watch this out. Gearbox seal can cause a complete oil loss and seized the transmission or destroy your gears and bearings. Best not to drive the car for long especially on motorways before you properly check those and the oil level. Also if you sense any smell of transmission fluid when walking around the car check those asap. You need to find the reason why the seal would pop out. 
👍

hi thanks the seal didn't fall out i had to remove the shaft and when i reinstalled it there was little leak so i needed to remove the seal to fit a new one but was unsure if it could be levered out ,,but i have done that now just need to get a new seal ,,thanks 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links