Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Android auto

Martin Allinson

Hello,

Can I connect to Android auto wirelessly and if I can what do I need to plug into the usb, I would think I would need some kind of dongle and then pair my phon to it wirelessly???

Thank you 

Martin 

Not on any current RAV model afaik. There are a few Apple CarPlay adapters around but AA is limited. There a a few Kickstarter options but the mainstream one is the Motorola MA10. Very limited availability in the USA and not available in the UK currently so it might be a case of using a cable for now and waiting.

As Nigel says currently limited and appears to be very variable on whether it will work reliably. Right now I;d stick to a cable in the one USB at least the phone gets power via the socket. I’ve tried a few splitters, powered and unpowered and none of them work correctly.

AA Wireless that is winding down on Indiegogo & now has its own website shop has been working well for me on my previous 308 T9 & now my C-HR ( Toyota Smart Connect equipped ) 

On first use with a new vehicle you will have to configure it via the smart phone app but after that it literally is plug & play.

Hi thank you have you got a link for them 

Thank you 

3 hours ago, robo1 said:

Thank you all I think I will leave wired 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links