Do Not Sell My Personal Information

metallic paint

fourbanks

As some of you may know, I've had a few concerns with my new car. For my choice of colour, i went for Manhattan grey in metallic paint as this colour was new to me and prior to purchasing the car had not seen it before. My advice is don't do that, look at it as the metallic in it is so weak you need a magnifying glass to see the metallic in it 

i like the colour thou, just a pity the metallic is nondescript and does nothing for the car. The tyres and alloys are by far the best feature on this car and look good. My error thou in getting a metallic finish. i should have paid a little extra and got a pearlescent finish in white. Having said that, i'm not sure that Toyota know how to paint cars, so that would be more money wasted 

iv'e spent all afternoon at my dealer's looking at all of my concerns, and they seam to be bad across all the model ranges with the paint work Thank god I live near a Lexus dealer, at least i can see a properly painted car 

I could be wrong and this is a complete 'stab in the dark,' but I have a feeling you don't like your choice of vehicle!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, 50p said:

I could be wrong and this is a complete 'stab in the dark,' but I have a feeling you don't like your choice of vehicle!

it's not that David it's just poorly executed with very little metallic in the paint etc. i don't care for the look of the Lexus, but it's well-built and feel that would have been better for me as i like things to be correct. i don't like bodged jobs and that goes for my house etc. it's either correct all round or the tradesman doesn't get paid 

• Like 1

I must admit I would now be driving a Lexus UX .. IF they made one with black 'leather?' seats and a light coloured headlining. Sadly they don't and so I'm not ☹️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 50p said:

I must admit I would now be driving a Lexus UX .. IF they made one with black 'leather?' seats and a light coloured headlining. Sadly they don't and so I'm not ☹️

i'm not really into how a car looks, i'm more for it to be finished correctly without being over the top( TAKUMI ) A stripped down Lexus would have better suited me that is correct 

44 minutes ago, 50p said:

35 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

it's not that David it's just poorly executed with very little metallic in the paint etc. i

Extract from an earlier Fourbank's post in a different topic: "Personally Tony, i don't like the car, it's rubbish. i'm not the sort of person who goes for looks, i only purchased it for the heads-up display only nothing more nothing less."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I will rather get a fully spec Corolla anything that is the design trim and above rather than a base model Lexus that doesn’t even have a auto dimm rear view mirror.
The only problem I see with grey Corolla is the colour itself with enough or not metallic bits inside this particular colour makes the car almost impossible to see it when driving in urban environment . The colour camouflages with the concrete colour of the roads, viaducts, bridges and all of that and very difficult to see a car is coming behind or from a side , only recognised by the drl or headlights if they are on.
A note to all owners of that colour, you need to be aware of that and remember someone might not see you are coming and cut you off badly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I will rather get a fully spec Corolla anything that is the design trim and above rather than a base model Lexus that doesn’t even have a auto dimm rear view mirror.
The only problem I see with grey Corolla is the colour itself with enough or not metallic bits inside this particular colour makes the car almost impossible to see it when driving in urban environment . The colour camouflages with the concrete colour of the roads, viaducts, bridges and all of that and very difficult to see a car is coming behind or from a side , only recognised by the drl or headlights if they are on.
A note to all owners of that colour, you need to be aware of that and remember someone might not see you are coming and cut you off badly. 

Very true, Tony, i hadn't thought of that before. I've noticed people giving me odd looks 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Extract from an earlier Fourbank's post in a different topic: "Personally Tony, i don't like the car, it's rubbish. i'm not the sort of person who goes for looks, i only purchased it for the heads-up display only nothing more nothing less."

That's true mike, the word rubbish may be a bit hard but badly executed spot on. 

3 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Fully agree Tony, any shade of grey can be a split second less recognizable than the more distinctive colors. However some people like that color and beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1

Just now, fourbanks said:

Very true, Tony, i hadn't thought of that before. I've noticed people giving me odd looks 

I noticed that quite a while ago as I usually go out for work at dusk and straight to the motorway when is sort of packed with cars some with drl still running some with headlights on. All colours cars easily visible but the grey Corolla all you can see is two tiny drl in the inner side of the light , the car was a phantom. Happens with Audi they have very similar colour, but the Corolla has the best camouflage of all grey ones, I would call it a concrete colour. 

8 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Fully agree Tony, any shade of grey can be a split second less recognizable than the more distinctive colors. However some people like that color and beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder.

I also like it but I will rather get silver metallic , dark grey or black or white, all of these are better seen day or night, only the concrete one is a trouble. 👍 Here in and around London the Corolla TS is a very popular ph car taxi and I have seen many of those in all colours and I made my thoughts. I wanted to share that before or perhaps I did, don’t remember now. 😊

• Like 1

i only chose as iv'e had all other colours over the years. However, you're right, and the colour is not good and was a bad mistake on my part 

1 minute ago, fourbanks said:

i only chose as iv'e had all other colours over the years. However, you're right, and the colour is not good and was a bad mistake on my part 

it's an accident waiting to happen 

• Like 1

Just now, fourbanks said:

i only chose as iv'd had all other colours over the years. However, you're right, and the colour is not good and was a bad mistake on my part 

Colours have a tremendous influence on whether you like the car or not. Like yourself I’ve had all colours. The colour which looks best when polished to perfection in my humble opinion is black, but it shows up the least bit of dirt and requires constant attention. The best color I’ve found is metallic silver (Atomic Silver) which is my current Yaris Hybrid and doesn’t require as much attention. So this one might see me out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Colours have a tremendous influence on whether you like the car or not. Like yourself I’ve had all colours. The colour which looks best when polished to perfection in my humble opinion is black, but it shows up the least bit of dirt and requires constant attention. The best color I’ve found is metallic silver (Atomic Silver) which is my current Yaris Hybrid and doesn’t require as much attention. So this one might see me out.

Very true. 👍

13 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

i like black Bernard and pearlescent white, but as you say you can't beat silver. Tokyo red thou is my favourite by far but is very delicate and chips easily so can't recommend 

2 hours ago, 50p said:

I to was considering a UX - but a decent spec version moves you in to higher road tax bracket plus the awful touch pad infotainment system wasn't appealing.

Also why would anybody buy a poverty spec of Lexus apart from just to get the Badge

The 2023 model year updates with the new touchscreen infotainment system plus the other tweaks now improve the UX appeal.

When I chose my colour, they presented me with a swatch with a representation of each colour. I went for the blue because of the amount of fleck, but didn't you get one of those at yours?

1114290760_Screenshot2022-06-26at22_59_05.thumb.png.62f9ed4122f810c819617d089cf3d178.png583472088_Screenshot2022-06-26at22_59_23.thumb.png.297ded869d2625a2cd2e4fd8e1b5c9da.png

59 minutes ago, Notfer said:

When I chose my colour, they presented me with a swatch with a representation of each colour. I went for the blue because of the amount of fleck, but didn't you get one of those at yours?

1114290760_Screenshot2022-06-26at22_59_05.thumb.png.62f9ed4122f810c819617d089cf3d178.png583472088_Screenshot2022-06-26at22_59_23.thumb.png.297ded869d2625a2cd2e4fd8e1b5c9da.png

i did but didn't notice any flecks on the swatches, just the colour 

1 hour ago, Notfer said:

Which blue is this? I have denim blue on order

5 hours ago, Glynn H said:

Denim is the lighter blue, this one is called obsidian blue and suits the estate version a lot. Your one is also a nice one all colours are well made for Toyota. 

• Like 2

I chose solid white for 3 reasons. It matches our Yaris, I think the Corolla looks good in it and most importantly it saves £15 a month on the PCP!!!

• Like 2

My Corolla is the Scarlet Flare and the amount of “fleck” is okay, it all depends on the light. When I bought it the choices were limited to Scarlet red, Pure & Pearl white, red, Tyrol & Serling silver, Manhattan grey, Eclipse black & Denim blue - basically two colours and six shades.

But, all manufacturers have cut back on the number of colours offered. This may be because in the 80s & 90s everyone wanted only one colour, silver🤨

My 1999 Xantia is silver and I don’t think you could buy a car with the amount of sparkle that it has today.
Maurice

8 hours ago, Glynn H said:

Mine is denim blue and it's really nice.

• Like 2