Do Not Sell My Personal Information

engine cover

fourbanks

Where is the engine cover on this car. Or is this another cut back from the manufacture, does anyone know. Every car on my estate has an engine cover, so why has Toyota thought that no one will notice and will be able to save a few pounds by removing it 

they took my bonnet cover away and had i not had high level management contacts i would have lost out. Lucky for me thou, i got that returned to the car pronto with apologies 

Why waste money to fit something that obviously isn't required, needed or serves any purpose?

My C-HR with 2 litre hybrid power unit doesn't have an engine cover - does it bother me when the bonnet is open? No.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Why waste money to fit something that obviously isn't required, needed or serves any purpose?

My C-HR with 2 litre hybrid power unit doesn't have an engine cover - does it bother me when the bonnet is open? No.

It should be there, and it is a bad oversight to remove it. Lexus i'm told will be a good fit, so that's what i'll do if I keep the car, and for free I should add to go with my bonnet mat that was missing. Just because you don't need it does not mean no one does because there will be people like myself who do and wont to see the car finished correctly and not half bodged 

If this was an aircraft, i would be staying well clear from this manufacturer as other remote features could be getting cut back and no one would be any the wiser until disaster strikes as is so often the case in the USA where some new cars burst into flames for no reason other than shoddy workmanship and cut backs

Reading online reviews, watching videos reviews then going to see & test the product your thinking of buying would have highlighted the lack of under bonnet sound deadening & lack of engine cover.

Then once you discovered the Corolla didn't meet your expectations you could have just gone to the Lexus dealer or elsewhere instead.

• Like 3

At the end of the day, Toyota Owners Club is independent of, and has no connection with Toyota.

Toyota don't visit the Club, won't see member comments, and won't respond to any criticism of their manufacturing processes or their products.

Realistically to get an answer to questions like 'where is my engine cover?', etc, you need to approach the Toyota importer for your market area directly.

• Like 2

When I found out mine doesn't have an engine cover I can't say I was particularly devastated.

Not that I’m particularly bothered, because the bonnet is shut for 99% of the time, but if you’re really hurt by the lack of the cover, it might be worth asking anyone who owns a Swace if they have one.

I know the Swace has BSM, which the Rolla doesn’t, so they could have added a cover too.

2 minutes ago, Hylen said:

No cover on the Swace either.

swace.jpeg

I spot a quality Varta 12 volt battery 😎

It seems that the op really should have done his homework before purchase rather than afterwards!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Priuses has engine cover and bonnet insulation, no complaints about road noise too. Priuses were discontinued, Corollas are keep going. I agree with owners that says Corolla is like unfinished product in some areas , except the excel trim. , it’s the only top spec car that comes well equipped, well no engine cover though. But at least you have a car, many does not and can’t wait to get one. 

• Like 1

The Corolla was a direct replacement for the Auris, and indirectly for the Avensis (saloon and Touring Sport) together with the Prius and Camry. So really should be compared to the Auris/Avensis rather than the Prius.

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Priuses has engine cover and bonnet insulation, no complaints about road noise too. Priuses were discontinued, Corollas are keep going. I agree with owners that says Corolla is like unfinished product in some areas , except the excel trim. , it’s the only top spec car that comes well equipped, well no engine cover though. But at least you have a car, many does not and can’t wait to get one. 

I agree with owners that says Corolla is like unfinished product in some areas

Spot on Tony, the car is an unfinished product and no way if i were the chief executive would this be out on the roads. And as matt the chief is English and an accountant that to highlights that he hasn't a clue this car would never have passed in Japan as it stands 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fourbanks said:

Spot on Tony, the car is an unfinished product and no way if i were the chief executive would this be out on the roads. And as matt the chief is English and an accountant that to highlights that he hasn't a clue this car would never have passed in Japan as it stands 

Hence, all the Lexus range of cars are finished not only correctly, but well finished at that. And that's the bottom line 

2 hours ago, davidif said:

It seems that the op really should have done his homework before purchase rather than afterwards!

Indeed very true 

i have spoken to my Japanese contact in Japan, and he has stated that the corolla in Japan is built traditionally with engine cover and bonnet mat. The main reasons for this are due to Japanese perfectionist philosophies like Kaizen and the ability to procure better quality parts. it is also painted with quality paint the same as a Lexus 

that's true for sure once again good old Japan 🙂 

Well if that's the case you should be able to get Japanese parts either via Toyota or maybe Amayama.

I did a Kaizen course for work.

Yep, that got forgotten in about a month when it started affecting production.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

that's true for sure once again good old Japan 🙂 

I think it is unfortunate that you are getting disappointed by missing features that were never advertised or even exist : 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Irrelevant observation for the given topic.

Edited by Popama
Irrelevant observation for the given topic.

Here a video comparison between Corolla and Prius for the us market, you decide which car is better build. 

It's funny - I felt weirdly happy when I first saw my Mk4 didn't have a vanity cover for the engine; It was surprising that Toyota were brave enough to omit it, but a decision I applauded as I've always thought they are pointless and are just another piece of fiddly plastic you have to remove when you want to get at the engine.

Just shows how different all our viewpoints are! :laugh: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, davidif said:

Indeed and then chose it just for HUD ... 😐

• Haha 2

I like the idea of having the engine cover as it tends to dampen the sound and kiiiinda leaves the dirt out on the top, but not a deal breaker for me.

Anyway, preferences are personal so can't say I see anything wrong on lamenting the Corolla not having it 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1