Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Purchased a Yaris Launch Edition

OrangeYaris

I was looking to order a Yaris Design in scorched orange for next March(ish) hence my username when I joined the forum 😄

However after much online searching I found a Launch Edition 71 plate (so MY21.5) in excellent condition with protection plus pack and front/rear dash cam installed.

So I'm the proud owner of my first automatic and my first hybrid. I'm really enjoying it after driving manual cars for many years. It's not orange despite what the log book says but I love the red with contrasting black roof. I'm pleased with the mpg too for my short local journeys.

I did read lots of posts on this forum before deciding, so you could say that many of you had an input in my decision 😘

YLEside.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

• Like 8

Hello and welcome. 
The car looks great and probably the best spec ever available. Enjoy your new car 🚗🏁👍

• Like 1

It's a great car! :biggrin: 

Hopefully you'll adapt to having no clutch faster than I did, and avoid injuring your foot trying to push down on the dead pedal in place of the non-existent clutch :laugh: 

I was trying to see if I could learn to left-foot brake  just to give that leg something to do, but find it's slower than normal braking so it just gets to rest on the dead pedal now (Good thing too as I messed up that ankle a few weeks ago!)

May you have many enjoyable journeys in it! :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

There is a fair amount of orange in that colour's paint formula - paint colour names are fairly meaningless, originally it was called vivid coral rather than Tokyo red its also a pearl paint rather than a metallic

• Like 1

That is the style of Corolla we were offered when we first went to Toyota.  I suspect it was the show room model and available for immediate sale as it was due to be replaced. 

My wife didn't like red.  Only red car I had was a bleached red Triumph Herald. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

That is the style of Corolla we were offered when we first went to Toyota.  I suspect it was the show room model and available for immediate sale as it was due to be replaced. 

My wife didn't like red.  Only red car I had was a bleached red Triumph Herald. 

I usually go for red, orange, gold type colours for cars. I'm not a fan of silver, grey, black etc

But it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things

• Like 1

Aye, don't know why my wife picked grey this time, but grey appears to be the new silver.  My first SAAB was Silver Mink.  Anyone seeing it would immediately identify it - grey and non metallic to boot. 

Last car, a Merc, was blue, a really distinctive shade, only ever recalling seeing two other similar. Sufficiently rare that Halfords didn't sell touch up for it. 

• Like 2

Good Choice !

I got the same car. Just with the option black wheels. I'm gutted I missed out on the red stitched seats though. They stopped doing them when I got mine. IMG_20210824_200459.thumb.jpg.022bc65eb0672d55dab867b0e72f7368.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GR Weasel said:

Good Choice !

I got the same car. Just with the option black wheels. I'm gutted I missed out on the red stitched seats though. They stopped doing them when I got mine. IMG_20210824_200459.thumb.jpg.022bc65eb0672d55dab867b0e72f7368.jpg

It looks very smart with the black wheels

• Like 1

Well they don't make it easy to get an actual colour!

I wanted a blue one, but you can't have that and a HUD; My colour choices were all essentially different shades of metallic grey! :wacko: :laugh: 

• 2 weeks later...

I was after any colour except red as I had previously owned an original mini, a reliant scimitar GTE, a peugeot 205, a volvo c30, a volvo v40 and they were all red! Fancied a change .. 😁

• Haha 1

.... oops, forgot the red peugeot 306!

• Haha 1

Nice car!

Same as above but include white also. 

I had a red corolla for 5 years in the past, now 8 years with the colour white. My next car will be different from red or white! If a new yaris it will be grey, normally I don't like paying for a colour, but cannot have white again for a long time.

all were bought 2nd hand but where in great condition with low mileage, therefore the co;our wasn't actually a choice as such 🤣