Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY22 Infotainment Software Update

Spo2

Hi all,

I  am just wondering if anyone has a prompt for software update and how did they do? Can this be done while the car in on move? The system says that it would take 20 minutes, and I was avoiding the car to be on and not moving/parked. I assume it does not require wifi connection as I think it has an independent module to connect to the cloud.

Thanks

Sol

Did mine a few weeks ago - the vehicle uses its own built in data connection to download the software updates.

Smart Connect automatically checks once per week for any software updates then will prompt you to download them.

I did mine while parked in ready mode but apparently others have reported you can start the install while parked & then drive the vehicle, just make sure its fully finished the software update before switching the ignition off!

Update - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, did mine also a couple of weeks ago all went well while on the move.

• Like 1

I f I remeber correctly i have read somewhere or maybe the dealer that if you do stop the car with it unfinished it will start up again when the car is on.

FWIW when I did mine I just sat there in the work car park with the radio on in ready EV mode while the software installed - the engine never cut in. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks all. Managed to update mine while driving. However, you are required to switch off and switch on to complete update. Was not a problem for me as i drive in slow start-stop urban traffic.