Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key fob problem

Karen 30

Hi , I have a Toyota auris 2007 and I’m hoping someone can help me , I pressed the key fob to open the doors and the lights flashed but the click was very quiet , not as loud as it usually is but the doors didn’t open, it’s not the Battery inside the fob as it’s a new one , I got my spare key fob out and exactly the same happened with that one , any advice would be appreciated. Thanks karen

Car unlocks fine using manual key? Might be bad Battery in the car.

Try to unlock using physical key, if only your door unlocks, then car Battery is weak.

• Like 2

Just in case you don't know the key is hidden inside the key fob it just pulls out where it joins to the key ring

Hope This Helps

3 minutes ago, Ivegotfivedoors said:

Just in case you don't know the key is hidden inside the key fob it just pulls out where it joins to the key ring

Hope This Helps

On a Toyota auris 2007?

Mines Auris a 2013

9 minutes ago, Ivegotfivedoors said:

Mines Auris a 2013

It is the Op’s key we are discussing.

If OP share a picture of the key fob it might get more help. I think Dean already pinpoint the issue, weak 12v Battery in the car. 👍

On 7/1/2022 at 11:57 AM, Stivino said:

On a Toyota auris 2007?

2007 also has keyless entry, i've got it on mine. I think it's same design as 2013, just smaller buttons and they are placed a bit different.

Anyway, doubt OP will return.

I know it has keyless entry but the blade isn't inside the fob.

The model i have is like below, blade goes inside, like on newer ones.

image.png.b6b3140634d82d7662285ad1e4d810b0.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I opened the door using the key manually and none of the other doors opened so I’ll check the Battery to see if it’s that . Thanks.image.thumb.jpg.ef9010795f767b87d1d3371956c9905f.jpg

Do all the doors lock/unlock normally if you use the manual button located on the drivers door control panel (where the window up/down buttons are).

If they do not, and if everything else is normal (starts, drives and operates correctly) then it sounds like a genuine problem/fault somewhere.

If it does not start and drive normally then the first check has to be the Battery voltage as others have mentioned. 

Hi , yes they all work normally but is that because at the minute everything is back to normal , I mean the doors all open with the fob, it only happens every week or so that I can’t access with my fob and have to use the key manually, and apart from that the car drives as it always has done with no problems 

That sounds a strange problem then and possibly beyond the scope of a simple diy fix. The only two things that I can think of based on you saying earlier that the lights flash but the 'click' was quiet is that there could be some high electrical resistance in the supply to the the four door solenoids.

For reasons that are difficult to explain (as to why just the locking might be affected) I think its worth checking the security (tightness) of the Battery terminals under the bonnet. Make sure the two leads are tightly clamped to the Battery and not slack or loose.

The other thought is possibly a faulty electrical relay for the door locking. The only way to prove that easily is by substitution.

Next time it happens (and this is only any use if you can get into the car manually with the key and still keep the problem of the doors not locking) then put the headlights on (without the engine running) and see if the doors now lock/unlock.

Are the headlights bright in that state?

Beyond that and I think you are looking at more advanced fault finding which if the problem is so intermittent is difficult. 

I’ll wait and see what happens next time I can’t get into it