Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


UK Spec Change


Malop
 Share

Recommended Posts

See later comments. The spec change is in Vision and Premier editions and is the removal of Remote Control Advanced Parking Assist. 
 

I’ve been following the comments on the Toyota news site (https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/comment-page-10/#comments) and yesterday a question was asked about Advanced Parking Assist and the response was a surprise to me. I asked for clarification and the response I received is below, no UK models will have it despite it being part of the spec at pre-order. I know things change because of the chip issues but I wouldn’t expect to find out about a spec change in the comments section of a news article. Has anyone heard anything from their dealer or Toyota Online? I’m asking a follow up question about whether they mean Advanced Parking Assist or Remote Advanced Parking Assist.

Hi Paul,

Advanced Parking Assist is no longer available on bZ4X, either for cars already produced or cars produced in future. Sorry about that. If you want to discuss this further, we recommend contacting our customer relations team here:
https://www.toyota.co.uk/help-centre#/iframe/https%3A%2F%2Fforms.toyota.co.uk%2Fcontact-us

Thanks

Edited by Malop
Updated to correct with latest update
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frosty yep saw that but then later replies refer to Advanced Parking Assist not being available. I do think they’ve just got confused so have asked for clarification. 
 

Extract from reply to my question 28th June 11:13

Advanced Parking Assist is no longer available on bZ4X”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Advanced Parking Assist is still listed within the specification provided by the website. I would put virtual money on Frosty being correct and the journalists writing for the mag not knowing the difference between Advanced Parking Assist and Advanced Remote Park Assist ... 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, philip42h said:

Advanced Parking Assist is still listed within the specification provided by the website. I would put virtual money on Frosty being correct and the journalists writing for the mag not knowing the difference between Advanced Parking Assist and Advanced Remote Park Assist ... 😉

i am sure you're right. cause in a different comment it refers to using the app for remote parking

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got Toyota to confirm exact details:

Hi Paul,
We apologise for our previous replies and for any confusion caused.
The Advanced Parking Assist (APA) is available on all bZ4X grades.
However, Remote Controlled APA is not available on any grade.
We hope this helps to clarify, please let us know if you have any further questions.
Thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ernie, I actually googled it to get the terminology right but gave up when I found out they also call it Intelligent Parking Assist on some models 🥺

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Malop said:

Ernie, I actually googled it to get the terminology right but gave up when I found out they also call it Intelligent Parking Assist on some models 🥺

Toyota seems to swim against the tide of other manufactures in naming car functionality.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My car delaer informed me that this feature is removed because of legal requirements in the UK. I doesnt really come to me logical but this is how he explained 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bZ4X said:

My car delaer informed me that this feature is removed because of legal requirements in the UK. I doesnt really come to me logical but this is how he explained 🙂

It’s been legal since 2018, unless there is something different about the Toyota implementation. 
From June 2018 drivers will be able to use remote control parking on British roads.”

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-laws-pave-way-for-remote-control-parking-in-the-uk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Malop said:

It’s been legal since 2018, unless there is something different about the Toyota implementation. 
From June 2018 drivers will be able to use remote control parking on British roads.”

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-laws-pave-way-for-remote-control-parking-in-the-uk

They had said it will be legal but apperantly didnt. Please see below article feom 2022 

 

https://www.jerseyeveningpost.com/motoring/2022/03/31/it-could-soon-be-legal-to-use-a-phone-at-the-wheel-for-remote-control-parking/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership