Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Minor buyer's remorse: got HB, should've gotten TS

Persimmon

Definitely agree with what you say about the 2.0 Engine, although I personally prefer it in the Hatchback flavor rather than the TS!

Maybe if I needed the additional space I'd think differently. The 2.0 Hatchback boot space isn't great but is sufficient for my use and I prefer the looks of the hatch over the 'estate' massively.

6 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

If I wouldn't be waiting for my TS to be delivered , reading your review of the car would have made to go and get one 😁

Who knows, I could be a very sneaky Totoyta marketing guru 😄 

• Haha 2

Nice to hear you have found what sounds like a very nice car.

You always lose money on cars, no matter what you do,unless you are dealing in classics.

I've always like the look of compact estates and to me I think the TS looks very good, and it has a good amount more usable space than the HB.

• Like 3

What a great thread/story and with a marvellous outcome. Congratulations!

I've always liked the look of the TS and it looks even better in the bi-tone paintwork.

• Like 3

Fantastic news, colour me jealous as hell for all the extra technology - especially that suspension it sounds sublime. Why do we Brits always get shafted? Even when they build the damn cars here!? 😋

• Like 3

Great outcome - and I agree regarding the boot area, it’s very well thought out & plenty of clever features 

• Like 4

Happy ending and hopefully all the work done on the HB will be appreciated by the new owner...

Keep the pictures coming, the TS looks awesome in that paint scheme! 

I'm not a fan of the bicolor thingie, but that metallic paint on that Corolla does wonders to the car!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Gerhard_Corolla said:

Keep the pictures coming, the TS looks awesome in that paint scheme! 

I'm not a fan of the bicolor thingie, but that metallic paint on that Corolla does wonders to the car!

Oh yes, that paint is beautiful. At first I thought it's the same colour as my previous hatchback, but it's not. It's a bit darker, deeper and... velvety? Don't know, but I love it. Below is the picture of the two cars side by side, TS on the left, HB on the right.

I've driven 1800 miles already, and the economy of this 2.0L engine is surprising. The range of mpg is much wider than with the 1.8L. For example, when commuting to work in Comfort mode (not eco), I get 61-62 mpg over 30km (95% highway at 65mph, 5% city). If I try, I can get 65-66 mpg. However, when I go on 80 mph highways, and fully enjoy the power, the consumption goes to 50-53 mpg. 

On short city runs the consumption is similar to the 1.8L, reaching 75-80 mpg in the perfect cases, BUT not as consistently as the 1.8L. Some runs are pretty "bad" (in Toyota Hybrid terms that is), sometimes falling to 47 mpg on short runs, but that is not really telling much. 47 miles per gallon on a 1 mile run is not a good source of data...

IMG_0689.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links