Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid - Dash Cam

BHS

Took delivery today of a Mark 3 Yaris  Y20 limited edition(2020) equipped with front and rear Dash Cams 

No mention in the handbook about in-situ dash cams 

Some advise please as to how to activate ?

Regards

BHS

BHS, get the makers name and model numbers and Google. Probably Nextbase as Toyota seem to favour that one. 

Reminds me, get the boxes together for when I trade in next month

PS, check to see if the micro SD cards are fitted.  If the cameras are Nextbase the SD cards should be the same.  I expect my SD cards will be swapped out before trade in 😄

Thank you 

It is a NextBase  

Is that data stored within the system - or has it to be downloaded onto an I-Phone ?

If there the Toyota suppled Nextbase dash cams then make sure you download the Nextbase Cam Viewer app to your phone.

The standard Nextbase dash cam app doesnt work with the Toyota supplied Nextbase cameras.

There should be a memory card installed in the front camera, the video is stored on to the memory card & you can either use the phone app to download the videos or remove the card & use your pc. 

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

If there the Toyota suppled Nextbase dash cams then make sure you download the Nextbase Cam Viewer app to your phone.

The standard Nextbase dash cam app doesnt work with the Toyota supplied Nextbase cameras.

There should be a memory card installed in the front camera, the video is stored on to the memory card & you can either use the phone app to download the videos or remove the card & use your pc. 

Not sure what you mean about the standard Nextbase app not working with Toyota supplied Nextbase cameras. 

If that is the case, where would you find the non-standard app? 

I have a Toyota supplied Nextbase camera (2020) and viewing through the App works after a fashion, sometimes connections is difficult. 

While I can download the video to my phone, I find the best experience is to unmount the camera and connect directly to the computer.  You then have the video matched to the map and can view additional data. 

The original data is stored on a Nextbase mini card.  Other cards fit but Nextbase are more reliable in their own cameras.  I had an issue; Nextbase sent me a new card.  When full it overwrites earlier recordings except those 'locked'.  Nextbase also recommends reformatting regularly. 

I find it easier and quicker to remove the micro SD card from the dash cam and manage the files on my macbook via an sd card reader.

In my case (Nextbase 322GW) the card is stored in the front cam but it stores both front and rear files on there. I can't speak for all dash cams though.

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Not sure what you mean about the standard Nextbase app not working with Toyota supplied Nextbase cameras. 

If that is the case, where would you find the non-standard app? 

I have a Toyota supplied Nextbase camera (2020) and viewing through the App works after a fashion, sometimes connections is difficult. 

While I can download the video to my phone, I find the best experience is to unmount the camera and connect directly to the computer.  You then have the video matched to the map and can view additional data. 

The original data is stored on a Nextbase mini card.  Other cards fit but Nextbase are more reliable in their own cameras.  I had an issue; Nextbase sent me a new card.  When full it overwrites earlier recordings except those 'locked'.  Nextbase also recommends reformatting regularly. 

There are 2 Nextbase Dashcam Apps. , ( My Nextbase Connect) and (Cam Viewer),   

Cam Viewer is the older app you use with their older dash cams (like the toyota fitted 380gwx) and has been discontinued.  The new app is for their latest dashcams(series 2 onwards). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Toyota tend to favour the Nextbase 380GW.

Have a look a here

https://nextbase.co.uk/help-and-support/dash-cams/380gw-dash-cam-support/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links