Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris TSport or Swift Sport??

davidif

I'm looking for a round town runaround and something offering a bit of fun on the odd occasion to go with the 2.0 Corolla Excel. It will also help me keep the miles down a bit on the Corolla.

As a big Toyota fan the obvious is a Yaris TSport although they do seem to have gone up in price since I last looked. The alternative is a Suzuki Swift Sport which seems like it may be even more fun.

Any thoughts?

Never driven a swift, so cannot comment on those.

But I do have a tsport and get on very well with it,super reliable 🤞 so far, and fairly comfortable.

It can be a bit of fun too with it's good power to weight and good handling.

One thing to bear in mind though if mainly town use as mine is,don't expect much more than 32-34 mpg.

I have seen these on eBay with 180000+ miles on, which is testament to the Japanese build quality.

The Swifts are fun little cars too, although anecdotally I don't think their reliability is as good (That may just be down to the amount of modding they seem to attract tho' :laugh: )

On 6/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, Cyker said:

The Swifts are fun little cars too, although anecdotally I don't think their reliability is as good (That may just be down to the amount of modding they seem to attract tho' :laugh: )

Thanks Cyker. I agree that the reliability may not be quite as good although Suzuki's reputation is probably still better than most. Having researched this over the last few days I am going to look at 2 tomorrow if all goes to plan.

It has been quite a while since I last drove a Yaris TSport (probably at least 4 years!) so it will be difficult to make a meaningful comparison. I am expecting the Swift Sport to be a little more focused especially in the chassis department.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for closure to this thread, I bought a 2013 Swift Sport (a ZC32s in case anyone is interested) a couple of weeks ago and it is an absolute riot to drive. Not particularly quick but reminds me of the hot hatches I was driving in the late 80s/early 90s such as mk1 &2 golf GTI's.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links