Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 2004 Wiper issue

ace8800

Hi, 

Im hoping someone can help. I have a Corolla T-Sport 2004 facelift which has auto wiper function, in total there are five function on the settings. 

Mist - flick up for one cycle

Off position 

Auto

On normal continuous 

Fast 

Issue 1: The only poisitions that work is normal, fast and mist.

issue 2: however when i turn them off from the working positions they stop where ever they are, so they dont return "home" i have to flick flick till they get in the home position.

Anyone know what it could be? Im assuming it cabt be a fuse or relay otherwise none of the positions would work right?

More than likely it's the park switch on ie. motor has gone bad

Is the motor under the plastic tray that covers the wipers on the outside? Also where could i find the part number?

And i presume other toyotas have the same part that can be used, i mean it doesn't need to be ot a T-Sport right?

Ah, Flash22 not seen your reply  -

Here what he would say  -  though think the wiper motor is the same on all model, though do check for yourself,  seems they are out of new stock in most places.

001221.thumb.jpg.0148ffcef6967739f6a6a4811895b7b6.jpg

Thanks. I ordered both stalk and motor fairly cheap from Nippon. I read this issue is to do with a relay in the wiper stalk.. but to avoid guessing it either the stalk or motor. Will update after swapping the parts to see which one it was.

• 2 weeks later...

So changed the stalk and the wipers now work a full cycle and dont just stop anywhere. 

HOWEVER... when 1 the cycle is complete the wipers start at the upright position and end in the upright position. I teied to adjust the wiper arm, but no luck. Im tempted to change the motor too (already have it). But before i do does anyone think it actually might be the motor itself?

I had the same issue on my wifes 2004 Yaris .. it was cured with a wiper motor replacement.

**FIXED**

The issue was the actual stalk.. the issue with the wipers staying upright and not returning home was because the small metal tab that actual fixes on to the motor was positioned in the opposite direction.. looks like some changed the motor before and when re attaching the motor to wiper bar they did not mark the position of the small tab that actually connects to the motor rotation bolt. 

All i did was remove the wiper complete wiper bar, unscrew the 13mm bolt at the back of the motor and turn the postion 180 degrees. All sorted now.

The inital wiper stopping anywhere was the stalk it self.

I found this video very very helpful https://youtu.be/xWmtlmDuZAY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1