Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My-T app and Rav4 PHEV

Bill65

Don't think I'm getting the full functionality from the My-T app?

It is fully connected to my car but does not show Battery status, charge levels, remote unlocking or remote A/C functions anywhere within.

It does record all my trips, show current car location and total mileage but that's about it?

• Like 1

Screenshot_20220629-180144_MyT.thumb.jpg.13e487febb73b57d6b604104b73983dc.jpg

When the app logs in, it should look something like this. Clicking on the fan (button below the "range" number) should access remote A/C aka "preconditioning" etc, and the button with the lighting bolt and a percentage (in this case 97%) accesses the info about state of charge. 

If your app doesn't look like this, upload a screenshot and we'll see if can advise further. Also, I don't think the app does remote unlocking at all so that's not missing, per se

• Like 2

The traction Battery status in on the home page, it’s a button with a lightening strike. If it’s nit there I would suggest you delete the app and reinstall, it looks like it thinks you have an Hybrid version. The remote A/C functions are so on the home page, fan symbol.

On my PHEV MyT app I do not get remote locking/unlocking.

Very odd, I don't have any fan icon or SOC lightning bolt on the app home screen.

image.thumb.jpeg.0b19ade13a491e02e347e0417a514207.jpeg

Deleted and reinstalled app and still the same.

Your screen shot does say RAV4 Plug-in so it’s right account type just somehow not triggering the correct data screens.

Maybe talk to the dealer or address the issue to the app support in the account pages.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Your screen shot does say RAV4 Plug-in so it’s right account type just somehow not triggering the correct data screens.

Maybe talk to the dealer or address the issue to the app support in the account pages.

I had to edit that myself as the original name was "RE1"

And if it wasn't a PHEV it wouldn't (shouldn't) have a link to 'unlock charging station'.

• Like 1

Mine was probably the final Toyota to be delivered by Arnold Clark in West Central Scotland as they have lost their dealer franchise from Toyota GB. Will need to find another dealer to flag this up to.

6 hours ago, Bill65 said:

Mine was probably the final Toyota to be delivered by Arnold Clark in West Central Scotland as they have lost their dealer franchise from Toyota GB. Will need to find another dealer to flag this up to.

Macklin Motors have opened a Toyota dealership at Darnley now, or I think the next nearest is SDM at Falkirk.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bill65 said:

Should automatically populate with your car model. If you log into the web based My Toyota account what is the car registered to you under the owned tab, if it’s not correct here you need to get that fixed first.

12 hours ago, Bill65 said:

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Should automatically populate with your car model. If you log into the web based My Toyota account what is the car registered to you under the owned tab, if it’s not correct here you need to get that fixed first.

As Bill says, the name is just a name and you can edit that to be anything you want. Quite why the dealer recorded it as "RE1" is anyone's guess. But the picture should, I believe, match the model and colour derived from the VIN - and that is certainly a PHEV; presumably it reflects the colour of Bill's car.

That said, I've not a clue as to why Bill isn't seeing the full functionality in My T. If getting to a dealer is difficult he could try:

1. Deleting the MyT app from his 'phone and putting it back again. Hopefully it will configure itself correctly next time.
  2. And if that doesn't work, remove the car from My Toyota and start again ...

But I'm not going to actually recommend either course of action since I really don't know whether it will work! 🙂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, philip42h said:

As Bill says, the name is just a name and you can edit that to be anything you want. Quite why the dealer recorded it as "RE1" is anyone's guess. But the picture should, I believe, match the model and colour derived from the VIN - and that is certainly a PHEV; presumably it reflects the colour of Bill's car.

That said, I've not a clue as to why Bill isn't seeing the full functionality in My T. If getting to a dealer is difficult he could try:

1. Deleting the MyT app from his 'phone and putting it back again. Hopefully it will configure itself correctly next time.
  2. And if that doesn't work, remove the car from My Toyota and start again ...

But I'm not going to actually recommend either course of action since I really don't know whether it will work! 🙂

I had to pick the car up from a local MG dealer as the original franchise had been taken away between ordering and collection. Just handed the keys and on my way with no handover (or initial Battery charge) just a PDI and a wash. Added the car to My-T at home using the VIN number and yes that is the correct colour 👌 Was labelled as "RE1" on both the Toyota web portal and the app.

However on the web portal I see a section to verify vehicle and it asks for the first part of the V5 document. Is this something the dealer should have done for me as I don't have the V5 which will be with the lease company? 

image.thumb.jpeg.d4fca8b36de135be750d9d554f7a58f3.jpeg

This may well be your salvation! You still need to add the Variant code, and while this may be on the V5 that you don't have, it is also on a plate on the car itself - I just can't remember where but I'm sure someone else will before I find in on my car later ... 😉

The MyT app simply makes use of information available via the Toyota servers. The My Toyota web portal is really the master route to setting stuff up.

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

it is also on a plate on the car itself - I just can't remember where

Inside the passenger door opening there's a plate at the bottom right hand side giving the Model number. You want the Version code (not Variant,I misread that bit) which is the first 7 digits of the Model number.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Many thanks Philip for that info. It's now fully verified on the web portal but the app is still showing the same as before even with a deletion and reinstall on the device.

Will wait a while to see if it eventually propagates from the server. Failing that will have to accept this as a bug.

Give it at least 24 hours, better 48, before worrying further. Propagation really does seem to take an age ...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, philip42h said:

Give it at least 24 hours, better 48, before worrying further. Propagation really does seem to take an age ...

Most things propagated are worth waiting for..............alas, the MyT app isn't one of them.

image.png

• Sad 1

I see this from time to time William. I’m never sure if it’s not able to directly communicate with the car via the local WiFi or if it’s communicating via the Toyota servers.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ernieb said:

I see this from time to time William. I’m never sure if it’s not able to directly communicate with the car via the local WiFi or if it’s communicating via the Toyota servers.

Toyota server problem for sure. I get this occasionally but my WiFi is a bullet proof state of the art mesh network.

What system do you have as a matter of interest. I have an ORBI which has proven to work pretty well in my environment.

• 2 weeks later...

Have updated the MyT app, removed the car and added it back in again. No change. Still showing as model RE1 and no PHEV settings in app.

Fired off an email to Toyota UK head office to see if it's a change they need to make on their end server wise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a slightly diferent problem with the app. Background: I have set my RAV4 PHEV to charge overnight every night at home during the cheap tariff hours. Works like a treat. Sometimes however (at home, with the car obviously set up to charge)I want to start it charging outside those hours. Until about 6 weeks ago I simply pressed the Battery charge % symbol on the app and the app "communicated " with the car, started the charge and told me it was successful. But now it doesn't work. It says it's "currently contacting" my car and  tells me I can Continue using the app, but then times out after a few minutes. If I try the Climate control on the app, it also fails, telling me to have a good internet connection, which I do.

Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution?

7 hours ago, TonyFR said:

I have a slightly diferent problem with the app. Background: I have set my RAV4 PHEV to charge overnight every night at home during the cheap tariff hours. Works like a treat. Sometimes however (at home, with the car obviously set up to charge)I want to start it charging outside those hours. Until about 6 weeks ago I simply pressed the battery charge % symbol on the app and the app "communicated " with the car, started the charge and told me it was successful. But now it doesn't work. It says it's "currently contacting" my car and  tells me I can Continue using the app, but then times out after a few minutes. If I try the Climate control on the app, it also fails, telling me to have a good internet connection, which I do.

Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution?

Sounds like the random inability to communicate with the Toyota servers issue. I've had this happen numerous times. It seems to happen every now and agin but also for a few days at a time often after an app update. I usually try to improve things by fully closing the app and rebooting my phone/iPad in an attempt to clear any previous communication data. I've even deleted the app and reinstalled the app.

The Toyota servers need some serious operational attention, as access is too unreliable and will become even more frustrating as Toyota introduce much wanted additional functionality to the app.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hayzee said:

The Toyota servers need some serious operational attention, as access is too unreliable and will become even more frustrating as Toyota introduce much wanted additional functionality to the app.

Just think of the potential problems that BZ4x cars will have as many of the functions are, I believe, baked into the app. A few months ago Tesla had server issues that locked people out of their cars.

• Like 1