Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Amending orders?

Amanda76

Quick question - I put in an order for Excel with Pan roof and City Pack on the 10th June; a week ago I emailed the dealers asking to cancel the city pack as I prefer to go with the standard screen. He finally came back today and said it couldn’t be changed (even though estimated delivery is 29Th December).

is this correct? Has anyone else successfully amended orders? I’ve told him if not, I don’t mind him cancelling the original order and resubmitting - I would rather get what I want…. 

I ordered a Lexus UX not long ago. When it arrived at dealer, I went to have a look, didn’t like a few things about it, then cancelled it.

They can quite easily sell it once it’s there.

Amanda, I did exactly that and received assurance from the dealer that the order had been changed.  Other than that I have seen no confirmation from Toyota.  Clearly I can reject the car, OTOH I am familiar with the City Pack display so might, reluctantly, accept the wrong fit. 

We shall see. 

I also ordered an Excel with city pack last month and also had second thoughts due to the screen but then thought is it really that bad as I rarely have the screen on and when I do I use Apple car play so don’t think I will be that worried about it, also I like the birds eye view so decided to stick with it.

I’m confused.

Are posters referring to orders for Yaris or Yaris Cross ?
My understanding is that the Cross Excel has a city pack option (which includes ‘birds eye view’ and different screen) whereas the Yaris Excel already had ‘city pack’ options (mainly safety sense features) as standard and the option was “Tech pack” which included JBL, HUD and connect services screen.

When I ordered my Yaris Excel, back in March (major) options were Tech Pack and degrees of ‘protection’ packs. That’s all.

6 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

I’m confused.

Are posters referring to orders for Yaris or Yaris Cross ?
My understanding is that the Cross Excel has a city pack option (which includes ‘birds eye view’ and different screen) whereas the Yaris Excel already had ‘city pack’ options (mainly safety sense features) as standard and the option was “Tech pack” which included JBL, HUD and connect services screen.

When I ordered my Yaris Excel, back in March (major) options were Tech Pack and degrees of ‘protection’ packs. That’s all.

Apologies - I’ve ordered the Cross Excel 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Amanda76 said:

Apologies - I’ve ordered the Cross Excel 

Same here

• Thanks 1

Happy to say I managed to get my order amended – although not without some perseverance on my part, so absolutely it can be done, seemingly without that much effort. 

Now it’s just the long, long wait for my Cross Excel!

• Like 2

Glad to hear you managed to get what you wanted. I don’t know why they were being awkward about it, the manufacture wont be on the factory schedule at this point.

11 hours ago, Amanda76 said:

Happy to say I managed to get my order amended – although not without some perseverance on my part, so absolutely it can be done, seemingly without that much effort. 

Now it’s just the long, long wait for my Cross Excel!

Brill, fingers crossed for mine then though typically no response from my dealer. Have they changed your delivery estimate yet? 

BTW, make sure they reduce your invoice by £100 (cost when I ordered) +20% VAT. 

In my case it was a fine decision between Tech and City and we initiatally settled on City because of low cost. On reflection I rate Tech as nice to have whereas I would rather have the Cross now than the Tech Cross next year, though I won't let the dealer off the hook. 😁

Edited by Roy124

42 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Brill, fingers crossed for mine then though typically no response from my dealer. Have they changed your delivery estimate yet? 

BTW, make sure they reduce your invoice by £100 (cost when I ordered) +20% VAT. 

In my case it was a fine decision between Tech and City and we initiatally settled on City because of low cost. On reflection I rate Tech as nice to have whereas I would rather have the Cross now than the Tech Cross next year, though I won't let the dealer off the hook. 😁

Been told I have to sign and return the amended order form, so not sure why your dealer hasn’t documented it?

Ams according to the Toyota listing, the prices include VAT 😊

7 minutes ago, Amanda76 said:

Been told I have to sign and return the amended order form, so not sure why your dealer hasn’t documented it?

Ams according to the Toyota listing, the prices include VAT 😊

Mm, the deep plottens. 

However the salesman was not able to change it on my say so.  I had to email the senior man in the dealership at a different location.