Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Auris Hybrid Oil maintenance reset

Will1183

Hello there,

Hope you are all doing well!

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. I’ve spent hours on Google and YouTube searching for an answer,  but without a result. I’ve yet to find anything on my particular car though, a few newer and older models. I’ve tried everything from these years, but nothing. various, engine off/off holding down trip button etc. I think I’ve tried them all 😄

Settings on the display has nothing for maintenance, just factory rest. 

I’ve got around 800 miles before the service light comes on. I have oil and filter and I’m ready to go, but I’d like to reset.

Anyway, I thought I’d give it a go here. Hey, I might be lucky

Thanks!

Writes the indication oil Maint And it does not go out? Although you followed the steps in the deletion instructions?

Thx Christos!

I’ve followed numerous steps from different car years, nothing happens. It’s like the process Isn’t the right one for this car. Nothing  when I follow the deletion process. No change, no new screen or maintenance notification.

I’ve tried variations of the below

1. First of all, we'll start with putting the ignition on. If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the START/STOP button two times without stepping on any pedal.
  2. Make sure you're on the TRIP A screen. ...
  3. Turn off the car. ...
  4. Hold down the TRIP button as you turn on the ignition. ...
  5. Keep hold down the TRIP button.

thx again!!!

With every reservation and if I understand correctly what you are writing to me, what is the probability that the oil quality level sensor 89491-26081 or a similar code has been blocked?

1 hour ago, Will1183 said:

Hello there,

Hope you are all doing well!

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. I’ve spent hours on Google and YouTube searching for an answer,  but without a result. I’ve yet to find anything on my particular car though, a few newer and older models. I’ve tried everything from these years, but nothing. various, engine off/off holding down trip button etc. I think I’ve tried them all 😄

Settings on the display has nothing for maintenance, just factory rest. 

I’ve got around 800 miles before the service light comes on. I have oil and filter and I’m ready to go, but I’d like to reset.

Anyway, I thought I’d give it a go here. Hey, I might be lucky

Thanks!

Someone mentioned before, for Auris hybrid 2017-, there is no engine oil maintenance reset, I never had the "service light on" for my 2017 auris hybrid. 

Thanks David and Christos!!! 😄

I’m just going to go ahead and change the oil and filter and worry about the reset if a light comes on…

Fingers crossed it’s not a blocked code and it’s just that the car has no reset!!!

have a great day guys!

Will

Thx Christos!

I’ve followed numerous steps from different car years, nothing happens. It’s like the process Isn’t the right one for this car. Nothing  when I follow the deletion process. No change, no new screen or maintenance notification.

I’ve tried variations of the below

1. First of all, we'll start with putting the ignition on. If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the START/STOP button two times without stepping on any pedal.
  2. Make sure you're on the TRIP A screen. ...
  3. Turn off the car. ...
  4. Hold down the TRIP button as you turn on the ignition. ...
  5. Keep hold down the TRIP button.

thx again!!!

I also have troubles in my 2015 facelift resetting maintenance light.  In my case, the maintenance symbol only appears couple times and dissapear by itself when I changed the oil.  I never need to reset it in the past 3 years. 

Thx John! I’ve changed the oil now and I’ll wait and see if the light comes on 😄 Man, getting that oil filter cap off was a challenge, even with the tool!!!

44 minutes ago, Will1183 said:

Thx John! I’ve changed the oil now and I’ll wait and see if the light comes on 😄 Man, getting that oil filter cap off was a challenge, even with the tool!!!

Yes, because mechanics always over tighten them. The spec is 25Nm, if you don’t have a torque wrench this 25Nm are reached when the filter housing stops rotate with the tolls. When stopes, that’s it no need to try to tighten up more. Important here is to place rubber seal at the correct grove and install it straight without twisting, adding some fresh oil also helps and never spray any cleaner into the filter housing or engine housing, just drain, wipe and replace. 👍 To make it easy removal next oil change, wait 20-30 min after you switch your engine off before you attempt to remove the filter. , you can drain the oil meanwhile 👌