Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Att GR sport 1.8 owners

fourbanks

i have just taken delivery of the above, and my dealer and Toyota head office are struggling on what this car should look like in the wheel arches. This photo is what i have. Is this correct 

thanks 

image.jpeg

It could well be this mastic composition is being used instead of a plastic shield on part of the wheel back wall, so the outer half is plastic, and the other half is of this composition

with no staff input at the dealer and head office as to what this is or what the spec is in this area of the car, i'm going to have to rely on the good people here for guidance 

the car does have other odd things going on there, again the dealer and head office are in the dark as to what the GR sport spec should be with regards certain aspects of the manufacturing process 

it could all be very innocent and just a bad specification that's on the 1.8 only and cost-cutting, or it could be much more than that and will only come about at a later date in whatever form that may take.

Personally, i would avoid this 1.8 until i can give more details on what's going on here

Having read some of your posts, maybe best to just trade it in for something else that fits your requirements. Prices for nearly new cars are still pretty high so you may not lose too much. 

Life is too short to be picking fault after fault in your new car, sounds like you will never be happy with this one. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

Having read some of your posts, maybe best to just trade it in for something else that fits your requirements. Prices for nearly new cars are still pretty high so you may not lose too much. 

Life is too short to be picking fault after fault in your new car, sounds like you will never be happy with this one. 

I can't trade it in unless some input from the manufacturer comes about first, as passing on faults i would never do under any circumstances. We need to address what the spec is first before I can do anything, as i would just be going from one fault to another in another build, and that's not the right way forward. Once I understand on what the car spec should be then I can take the next step 

as I said above, it could just be a bodged job a one-off, or it could be the spec is bad in the 1.8 gr sport and if that's the case then it would be best to move on but until some answers are forthcoming then it's best to try to get to the bottom of my concerns first and then i'll be able to move on to either another model or a different manufacturer  

• Like 1

In another thread you wrote this - 

I did check at the weekend at the dealers on the GR sport and the ones in stock were the same”

Clearly not a ‘bodged job one off’ if they are all like it. 

Sell up. Move on. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

In another thread you wrote this - 

I did check at the weekend at the dealers on the GR sport and the ones in stock were the same”

Clearly not a ‘bodged job one off’ if they are all like it. 

Sell up. Move on. 

i still need to understand why only the 1.8 only is affected by this and not the icon / icon tec / design/ excel nor the 2 litres first 

You have the 2 litre gr sport nick i believe. So how is your tyre wall made up of ? 

13 hours ago, fourbanks said:

i still need to understand why only the 1.8 only is affected by this and not the icon / icon tec / design/ excel nor the 2 litres first 

Why? 

You don't like the vehicle & just want rid so what's to understand?

Get rid, get something else & move on with life.

• Like 1

Actually both sides of that case has a good points. Easiest way is to sell trade in and move on. It’s a new car and if there are any faults indeed it will not be passed to the next owner by the current owner, it will be Toyota to blame. And I will agree that latest models quality is not on par with older cars, but sadly this is the case with many others. Is it worth fighting about that and what the OP personal gains will be , only he knows best for himself. I had a bad car once from the same brand, and I had returned it to the dealer on the very same day of collection, only drove it 50 miles. I lost some cash but saved myself a lots of trouble. The only thing that I blame myself was that when I had the feeling that the car is not right I should have walked away and not proceed with the purchase. Lesson learned. Good luck to the op whatever he decides to do with the car. 👍

• Like 2

17 hours ago, fourbanks said:

You have the 2 litre gr sport nick i believe. So how is your tyre wall made up of ? 

Mine looks normal, not the same as yours. It could be a sound deadening thing, the 2.0 gets a different construction to the 1.8? 

The 2 litre hybrid has direct petrol injection ( & port injection with the D-4S ) so the noisy direct injection fuel pump under the bonnet needs to be drowned out when it's in operation. 

56 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

Mine looks normal, not the same as yours. It could be a sound deadening thing, the 2.0 gets a different construction to the 1.8? 

thanks nick 🙂 

50 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

The 2 litre hybrid has direct petrol injection ( & port injection with the D-4S ) so the noisy direct injection fuel pump under the bonnet needs to be drowned out when it's in operation. 

Thanks lee for taking the time out to reply back 🙂 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links