Do Not Sell My Personal Information

error code 110

fourbanks

Personally i wouldn't have the car looked at as the problem is for everyone and the chance of that they themselves have the fix is most unlikely 

There is no Specific TSB for error 110 however after a USB update the issue was fixed on my car, the bulletin used depends on what specification headunit is installed 

• All UK cars are higher spec T2 version and the latest update bulletin is BE-00767T-TME
  • Continental cars could have either T1 low spec for which the bulletin is BE-00791T-TME or T2 versions as above.

The update process is supposed to be OTA and being so the USB process is complicated and longwinded requiring 3 separate USB each loaded with parts of the update and each must be inserted in the correct order the clincher is it can take up to an hour per USB for the car to recognise each USB than run the update this is due to the car communicating back to Toyota OTA about each process then awaiting a server reply acknowledging before the next process will start, dealer also have to prove the OTA is not working otherwise Toyota will not pay for the repair. annoyingly if the OTA works the update take 20-30 minutes to download and install.

Feel free to refer your dealer to the TSB numbers above.

26 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

There is no Specific TSB for error 110 however after a USB update the issue was fixed on my car, the bulletin used depends on what specification headunit is installed 

• All UK cars are higher spec T2 version and the latest update bulletin is BE-00767T-TME
  • Continental cars could have either T1 low spec for which the bulletin is BE-00791T-TME or T2 versions as above.

The update process is supposed to be OTA and being so the USB process is complicated and longwinded requiring 3 separate USB each loaded with parts of the update and each must be inserted in the correct order the clincher is it can take up to an hour per USB for the car to recognise each USB than run the update this is due to the car communicating back to Toyota OTA about each process then awaiting a server reply acknowledging before the next process will start, dealer also have to prove the OTA is not working otherwise Toyota will not pay for the repair. annoyingly if the OTA works the update take 20-30 minutes to download and install.

Feel free to refer your dealer to the TSB numbers above.

Thanks for that, I am beginning to understand why my dealer is not too keen to sort it! If they don't cancel the next appointment I will refer them to the TSB above. I also now understand why they want the car for a full day.

in your opinion there will not be ever a future OTA update that will work again?

I think Toyota should know now why it isn't working

For anyone fed up with the Error 110 message when trying to update multimedia software, HAVE FAITH!

I parked up for a dental appointment this morning and noticed there was a strong DCM signal showing. I tried the Software Update for the umpteenth time and lo and behold it downloaded! I had to switch the car off for my appointment but the updates installed as I drove home. HU SW is now 1020 from 1002 and VD SW and VE SW are both 1005 from 1001.

4667E1A9-26FC-4623-A51D-DF6B56CADFD1.jpeg

A48001E6-FB39-4849-A7A2-1F1A51484938.jpeg

My update is ongoing as we speak. Will keep you updated.

54 minutes ago, Kental said:

My update is ongoing as we speak. Will keep you updated.

If yours has also downloaded today perhaps Toyota have fixed something on their servers?

Confirmed, it finally worked, yeey...got one small and fast update on the Multimedia, then one bigger and slower for Navigation and Voice recognition. Interestingly, after the updates got the Profile not loading message again and trips/location are still hit and miss, so no progress there....but that's another topic.

hi also a feedback from me, this morning (italy) I had prompted a software update, I accepted and (i think) a small update was succesfully downloaded, very small as it lasted for only few seconds. so as "imbecile" said, another big one has to be downloaded after this little one?

now I am working so I have to wait this evening to see if everithing is ok

On 9/10/2022 at 9:52 AM, imbecile said:

Profile not loading message again

I struggled a lot with that message because the dealer did not set up it and the manual is not written that well: I managed to understand that you have to go in your profile, and add "a device" for your profile. it does not matter if you paired your phone and it works with blutooth, you have to add ALSO the same device to your profile so the car recognize you as the driver of the moment. dumb but that is how it works. now for me that message only shows once a while for example when the phone is in the back seats, or once a while for just a second before it is recognized, maybe some blutooth lag from the phone (Samsung in my case)

• Like 1

confirm succesfully updated to version 1021 (not 1020) C-HR 2022 doing nothing different from previous updates that didn't work

Hi all 

I have been reading the posts and decided to give the update another try seeing as thou it has been working for everyone else and I can confirm mine has been updated also.

Cancelled my service appointment.

Glad the issue is resolved.

yesterday evening just for info I went in the updates section to look for the exact version installed and it found another update, very big one, about "navigation and speech recognization"

this one took over 15min to install but it seems that all went ok

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, few days ago a "silent" update was installed, like I had no prompt to agree terms and conditions like the big ones, but I got only the popup message that something was updating

now I have an icon (the first one!) in the squared menu (connected services?), bell slashed icon, wich seems to be something regarding notifications. hitting the icon does nothing

anyone else?