Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't locate jump start terminal cover - 2013 Yaris Hybrid

rutter

My Mum has a 2013 Yaris hybrid with a flat Battery.

I've read the manual (and watched some youtube videos) and am trying to locate 'exclusive jump start terminal' which should be under a red cover in right hand fuse box. But it's not there!?

Pics are of the actual manual - yet in the other pic you'll see it isn't there!?

Is it missing!? Or somewhere else?

manual.jpg

fuse box.jpg

Zoom out so I can see the whole engine bay.  It’s actually on the left side of the car so right as you stand looking under the bonnet.  

Is that a replacement manual ?? 2013 yaris is an early hybrid, that is a much later manual, on early mk3's it next to the red fuse, it may just be a bare tab with no cover

Thanks for the replies. Next time I go past my Mum's will get pic of whole bay. I'll also get a downward pic looking next to the red fuse. There's something that looks like a terminal end there (with a screw head and cables going away from it) - but I am far from mechanically gifted - so didn't want to guess!

No idea if replacement manual, they bought it second hand from Toyota direct and it came with that. It was registered April '13.

i will see if i can find a pic on Google, it's to the left of the red fuse, top left of the top white plug

edit.

945907097_xp130jumploctabearly.thumb.jpg.d356a8016055353308d0b1b6185fea95.jpg

Ahh, thanks for that. It didn't seem to have that bit either - as I think I would have clocked it and tried it - but I will check shortly and post pic from same angle.

OK, here's a couple more pics of that right hand side fuse box.

Also the left hand side one - just in case.

And complete engine bay.

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

Actually, checking the pic you posted, Flash22 - seems like terminal is that bolt underneath. The clips I have wouldn't get to that so might need some longer nose clips instead.

It must be a very early mk3 built late 2012, early 2013 that doesn't have the jump terminal (aqua/prius C has the same setup with/without the jump terminal)

https://priuschat.com/threads/jump-terminals-on-a-2013-prius-c-under-the-hood-there-or-not.124896/

you can swap the module if so desired

• Like 1

Ahh. Yep that post is same problem. 
So if I can get a connection to that bolt underneath to left of red fuse I should be able to charge it?

Well it's a temp jump point or so, you can power up the electrics to open the rear door to get at the Battery under the back seat

if it's on its original Battery, replace it, around £120 from a main stealer after discount

Toyota Part number

28800-21181 (Yuasa S34B20R)

Just double-checked this in the EPC 04/2012 - 07/2020

Alternate Part Number 28800-YZZPC

Just in case people come to this thread with similar issue, I managed to get the car going using a 12v leisure Battery, and a cable leant against the terminal in the yellow circle (pic above) and negative to metal housing in engine bay.

Car came on and I was able to drive it.

Interestingly, I drove it for ~20 mins or so, expecting the 12v Battery to have charged somewhat, but when I got back and turned it off, it was in the same state again.

So maybe I need that replacement batter after-all - but at least I know how to get it going.

• Like 2

It's an AGM Battery, it takes a good 100+ miles or 2-3 hours in ready mode, if the voltage is too low it may not take a charge at all

Ooooh, good to know. I've just been back to my Mum's and I've got it going again and we've left it in ready mode. Was going to leave it an hour, but will give it longer in that case. Thanks!

Final update - left it in Ready for 2.5hrs yesterday. After this the 12v Battery seems to be charged (enough) and everything working as expected. Thanks for all the help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1