Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A few question about the 2009 gen 3 toyota prius

SorinC

Just bought a prius 2009 gen3 really nice car, got a few questions though the bulbs can they be changed with LED ones without any errors ?

Can the seats be replaced with something more comfortable or just to add some seats cover as after a few hours my back its killing me? 

How do I stop the traffic program as is really annoying😁?

In the UK fitting LED bulbs in headlights designed for halogen will be an MOT fail.

• 2 weeks later...

What level of 2009 gen3 do you have? T3, T4 or Tspirit?

On 7/16/2022 at 12:59 PM, johalareewi said:

What level of 2009 gen3 do you have? T3, T4 or Tspirit?

Hello sorry for the late answer Tspirit version.

I had a 2009 T3 gen3 prius and the only option for headlights was to fit some night breaker bulbs.  LEDs were not an option. Don't think they were an option on the Tspirit either.

The head unit/satnav on the 2009 Tspirit was a hard disk based system and was exclusive to the Tspirit. There might be an manual online.

Does anyone with Prius 2009-2014 have some issue with inverter?  There is recalls in USA for Prius.  As we know, all prius are assembly from the same plant in Japan.  Including the one in Europe market.  I am not sure about The Auris or Prius+ that use exactly same components. 

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2018/RCMN-18V684-6529.pdf

There was a recall in the UK (late 2010?) for early gen3 prius to have software mod to help protect the inverter. 

36 minutes ago, johalareewi said:

There was a recall in the UK (late 2010?) for early gen3 prius to have software mod to help protect the inverter. 

Good to know. I hope if it gets really bad, Toyota will have a recall about it. There is no reason not to have similar issue like in USA as they are made from the same factory. The only difference is US regular gasoline is E10 AKI 87 or RON 91 instead of 95.  Most Americans already have 200k+ miles for 2010-2012 Prius and things show up faster. The map of the timing may be tuned slightly retarded there.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links