Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2018 chr-water getting into the tyre well

Smoorechr

Hi guys. My mother recently purchased a 2018 Toyota chr 1.8 hybrid. 

We've noticed quite a bit of water in the rear tyre well, yet the boot carpets are still dry. 

We will book it into the dealership to get it repaired, but I was wondering is this a common fault with any known solutions? Or should we be quite concerned about the water getting in? 

It's a weird thing that random people seem to get here, not just in the CH-R but in all models here and there.

Common causes seem to be bad sealing on the light clusters or boot lid, condensation, missing floor plugs 

• Like 1

Rear lights seals. Need lights clusters off the car, cleaning thoroughly the body panels , clusters and replacement of the seals. Water into boot its a bad and concerning thing as after the spate well is full water will find its way into the hybrid Battery and can even cause Battery issues. Better to be fixed soon. 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cyker said:

It's a weird thing that random people seem to get here, not just in the CH-R but in all models here and there.

Common causes seem to be bad sealing on the light clusters or boot lid, condensation, missing floor plugs 

Thank you. The floor plugs are still there, so it must be one of the other regular issues 

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Rear lights seals. Need lights clusters off the car, cleaning thoroughly the body panels , clusters and replacement of the seals. Water into boot its a bad and concerning thing as after the spate well is full water will find its way into the hybrid battery and can even cause battery issues. Better to be fixed soon. 👍

Thank you. Hopefully this can be sorted quickly by Toyota 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Smoorechr said:

Thank you. Hopefully this can be sorted quickly by Toyota 

They should take care of. It might be something else too but most common place for water to enter into the boot are the stop lights seals. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update you guys, toyota are saying it's leaking past the boot seal and are going to replace it. 

I'm a little sceptical as the boot carpets aren't wet, I believe the water is getting in somewhere lower, but I'll update once the new seal has been fitted and we get some rain. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links