Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bird !Removed!

R4VA_K

Morning All,

I was welcoming my 2nd born into the world and left my car unattended for nearly a week. When I got back to it the local birds decided to use it as target practice. I only managed to wash it a couple days after I noticed it. I think the birds acid has eaten through the paint of my 4 month old RAV 😞 

any advice on how to sort it or does it need to be painted again?

i have attached pictures to kinda see but looks much worse in real life. 

720C8920-0619-4CA0-8DD4-B963AC3388F8.jpeg

E285B3D4-6D6E-4C4E-AF95-21AC1AF0FE4A.jpeg

Congratulations and commiserations, I hope you can find a solution to the !removed! 

Will order some blue T Cut see if that works. Cheers guys will update accordingly. 

47 minutes ago, R4VA_K said:

Will order some blue T Cut see if that works. Cheers guys will update accordingly. 

Usual tip, small area first. 

If you have had any of the glaze sealers they might need reapplying. 

• Like 1

Looks like top clear coat is damaged. T cut only may not help in this case. A smart repair may needed and perhaps a consultation with a paint shop or auto valeters might be helpful. You can do eventually with sanding a bit the damage area and applying some clear coat on top and then sand again and machine polish it. There are also some headlights restoration kits that contain a wipes for sealing off the newly polished lenses and those may help you restore the lacquer too. 
Good luck 

• Like 1

I had mine ceramic coated before I took delivery to try and help in this sort of situation, not sure if will help but at least its another layer of protection.

Why, when we have to pay the maker to have the car painted do we then have to pay the dealer to put the protective layer on? 

😄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Why, when we have to pay the maker to have the car painted do we then have to pay the dealer to put the protective layer on? 

😄

Generally yes, but it’s not difficult to do yourself and there are plenty of YouTube videos showing how to achieve a good finish. 
I certainly do not spend out for the addition of protective coatings as they are so expensive and a pain if you try to get something sorted in the event you have an issue. Bitter experience in my case.

• Like 1

Have you got a local firm that sorts out car paintwork on your drive. They can match any paint colour and do a superb job. It is not "chips away" they could not help me when our cars paintwork was damaged. The local firm I used was "MOBILE CAR COSMETICS". there must be a firm like this Herefordshire. Hope this helps.

Never tried this myself and I guess it comes with some risk if you do try it but I remembered seeing it in a car products store previously so thought worth pointing out.

https://www.autoglym.com/reflow

Hi

had this problem a couple of times now and used t cut in a spray bottle from Halfords ( as already said here)

works a treat and obviously if you have any sort of coating then redo the panel

Terry

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 8:13 AM, Roy124 said:

😄

Just something I wanted to provide more protection 

3 hours ago, Firecycle said:

Just something I wanted to provide more protection 

But why don't they provide the best? 

Look at any modern gadget in a modern car.  They all started off as extras from the market place, once they gained mass acceptance manufacturers started offering them as extras.  Then the regulators made them mandatory. 

I was an early adopter of seat belts. I fitted fixed belts to a Ford Anglia.  I got the dealer to fit one fixed and one inertial belt to a Triumph 1300 (I was single). 

On paint, does base colour really cost less than a chosen colour?  I accept that an additional coat (metallic) is an additional cost.  I accept that the final cellulose gloss cover is additional but is standard.  Surely it could be formulated not to require yet another dealer/owner applied finish. 

PS, can you buy a car without underseal?  It stops a manufacturer getting a rust bucket reputation. 

Would you have bought a red Fiat 500 when you saw it with a sun bleached dull red? 

On 7/5/2022 at 8:13 AM, Roy124 said:

😄

You don't have to - it is your choice. Take it or leave it.

• Thanks 1

Managed to get it looking much better. Used some blue T Cut on it. Will probably take it somewhere in the future to get it professionally looked at. 

cheers all for suggestions!

1295B480-B16D-4095-AC72-C653A6A1F637.jpeg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, R4VA_K said:

Managed to get it looking much better. Used some blue T Cut on it. Will probably take it somewhere in the future to get it professionally looked at. 

cheers all for suggestions!

1295B480-B16D-4095-AC72-C653A6A1F637.jpeg

That looks pretty good you must be relieved? 

Now time to get a good protective coat of wax (or whatever) on so as the birds do a little less damage next time ... 😉

4 hours ago, ernieb said:

That looks pretty good you must be relieved? 

You have no idea! With the sleep deprivation of a new born did not want this stress aswell added on top  

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

Now time to get a good protective coat of wax (or whatever) on so as the birds do a little less damage next time ... 😉

Yea already put some wax on it. Hopefully they don’t use my car for target practice anymore!

8 minutes ago, R4VA_K said:

You have no idea! With the sleep deprivation of a new born

Been there got the tee shirt and now a grandfather which is a joy, even though he’s now 18!

On 7/4/2022 at 10:46 AM, R4VA_K said:

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You don't have to - it is your choice. Take it or leave it.

It’s not effective against duck or seagull muck I had the protective coat on the 2015 auris still etched into the lacquer coat took ages to get it out with Mquires cutting compound much more effective than t cut

13 hours ago, Roy124 said:

But why don't they provide the best? 

Look at any modern gadget in a modern car.  They all started off as extras from the market place, once they gained mass acceptance manufacturers started offering them as extras.  Then the regulators made them mandatory. 

I was an early adopter of seat belts. I fitted fixed belts to a Ford Anglia.  I got the dealer to fit one fixed and one inertial belt to a Triumph 1300 (I was single). 

On paint, does base colour really cost less than a chosen colour?  I accept that an additional coat (metallic) is an additional cost.  I accept that the final cellulose gloss cover is additional but is standard.  Surely it could be formulated not to require yet another dealer/owner applied finish. 

PS, can you buy a car without underseal?  It stops a manufacturer getting a rust bucket reputation. 

Would you have bought a red Fiat 500 when you saw it with a sun bleached dull red? 

My choice and thats it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links