Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Firmware and Map update

mokins

Hi.

I have just purchased a 2012 Yaris for my daughter as her first car and was wondering how I go about updating the firmware and maps on the stereo (or even if it is worth doing it!)

The car is a Touch and Go model.  The number of the front of the head unit is '19007'

Within System Information I have:

Device ID: UrzT5 uUM0 LK8s n_lc RX6Tg 7721

Software version: 2.13.5WL

MAD ID: EUL20160201

i have searched around the Toyota website and just cannot find anything about firmware versions and change release log files.

Many Thanks

Darren

Register with My Toyota app and go to estore. That will tell you what latest update is - but it will be chargeable @ £119. 🥴

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mokins said:

Hi.

I have just purchased a 2012 Yaris for my daughter as her first car and was wondering how I go about updating the firmware and maps on the stereo (or even if it is worth doing it!)

The car is a Touch and Go model.  The number of the front of the head unit is '19007'

Within System Information I have:

Device ID: UrzT5 uUM0 LK8s n_lc RX6Tg 7721

Software version: 2.13.5WL

MAD ID: EUL20160201

i have searched around the Toyota website and just cannot find anything about firmware versions and change release log files.

Many Thanks

Darren

There are no firmware updates for the display audio, the navigation unit ties firmware with maps the latest (& Final no further updates being issued) update being 2.23.0 fixes being:

1.6.61 Launch Software for Low
1.7.1H Launch Software for High
1.7.1L
When turning the ignition ON, the Touch & Go navigation system would not load the map and the
touch screen would be stuck showing the message “Loading map …”. At the same time, none of
the navigation functions can be used.
Incorrect menu language.
No fingerprint possible for a map update and downloadable applications
1.7.2H/L
1.7.3H/L
(1.7.3=1.7.2+MAP)
Concerns with the Fuel Application downloadable from My Toyota Portal.
1.7.4H/L Phone book not downloading
1.7.5H/L
(1.7.5=1.7.4+MAP)
Remove the speed camera information from the French road map
1.7.7L
Repeating voice guidance announcement, especially when multiple turns are upcoming
in a short distance.
1.7.9 L/H Navigation system crash and black screen
2.8.5a L/H Wrong route guidance for specific destinations in England, France and Spain.

Going by your version there are no fixes just maps available for your car.

• Thanks 2

Thank you every one.

As there are no new firmware, I am not going to bother spending £120 just for a map update so I will mark this as closed.

Thank you to Starensis and Devon Aygo for their replies.

• 4 months later...
On 7/5/2022 at 9:34 AM, mokins said:

Thank you every one.

As there are no new firmware, I am not going to bother spending £120 just for a map update so I will mark this as closed.

Thank you to Starensis and Devon Aygo for their replies.

You can get the exact same update for about £40 in eBay. I did it 2 years ago and they are identical as dealership update. Just cheaper. It is unique code for your device serial number and us a Legit update. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2022 at 8:26 AM, AisinW said:

You can get the exact same update for about £40 in eBay. I did it 2 years ago and they are identical as dealership update. Just cheaper. It is unique code for your device serial number and us a Legit update. 

Sorry, only just seen your reply.  I am not sure what to search eBay for... Do you have an example listing I can follow and find?

Many Thanks

5 hours ago, mokins said:

Sorry, only just seen your reply.  I am not sure what to search eBay for... Do you have an example listing I can follow and find?

Many Thanks

Just search for your car and series of infotaintment.  they give you list of cars that compatible.  Touch and Go, touch and go 2, etc.   You can login to toyota website, gets the ID of your infotainment there and also check which map/firmware is for you.  Search the exact same firmware/map in eBay and it will always works. Besides that you have 6 months Paypal protection for assurance.    They are all legit and have unique activations code that generated base on your car infotaintment serial numbers.   I had it for many years and they are identical with the one from Toyota website. In facts, you can always download the software from Toyota website and use your own activation code from eBay.  Those eBay seller have legit code from leftoffer codes.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AisinW said:

Just search for your car and series of infotaintment.  they give you list of cars that compatible.  Touch and Go, touch and go 2, etc.   You can login to toyota website, gets the ID of your infotainment there and also check which map/firmware is for you.  Search the exact same firmware/map in eBay and it will always works. Besides that you have 6 months Paypal protection for assurance.    They are all legit and have unique activations code that generated base on your car infotaintment serial numbers.   I had it for many years and they are identical with the one from Toyota website. In facts, you can always download the software from Toyota website and use your own activation code from eBay.  Those eBAy seller have legit code from leftoffer codes.  

Thank you ever so much.  I have found one for £35.

Many Thanks