Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 alarm went off last night.

Hybrid21

My car alarm went off last night about 3.00am while sitting on the driveway.

I think it went for about 30 seconds or so then stopped, first time it's done this. By the time I woke up, looked out the window and went downstairs for the keys it had stopped.

Everything seems ok, no open windows, loose items inside, etc nothing that would set it off.

Anyone else had this happen ? Any ideas ?

Insect….. yes really. Happened to me a few weeks ago. 

• Thanks 1

I’m on record of not believing in insect theory only to be proved wrong when it happened to me. It was the smallest flying bug but enough to set the alarm off.

• Thanks 1

Had that once, alarm, lights on, and no reason.  I didn't find any insects but the was the most likely reason.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Insect….. yes really. Happened to me a few weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

I’m on record of not believing in insect theory only to be proved wrong when it happened to me. It was the smallest flying bug but enough to set the alarm off.

Ernie, Adrian, how did you know that it was an insect ?

5 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

Ernie, Adrian, how did you know that it was an insect ?

Well in my case I got quickly into the car and waited a few seconds and there the little ******* fly onto the passenger window. So I guess lucky but did then open all the doors and waved a micro fibre cloth around to ensure that I disturbed any of his/her mates.

When I’ve had it happen in the past I’ve never been able to see any evidence, since then no problems.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ernie, I had a quick look this morning but couldn't spot anything, I'll have a closer look later and see if can find anything 👍

• Like 1

My alarm goes off every few months. It's cause is the dash cam sucker drying out, allowing the camera to swing on its power lead. I thought of glueing the sucker to the windscreen, but that seems a bit extreme. As anybody had the same problem and how did you get round it? 

• Like 1

I had the same issue with the Dashcam in my Volvo John.

Used to find it dangling on the lead 😃 eventually removed it as I didn't want a permanent fixture.

Certainly miss it and may look at it again for the RAV4.

55 minutes ago, Yorkboy said:

My alarm goes off every few months. It's cause is the dash cam sucker drying out, allowing the camera to swing on its power lead. I thought of glueing the sucker to the windscreen, but that seems a bit extreme. As anybody had the same problem and how did you get round it? 

3M double sided tape pad, job done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

3M double sided tape pad, job done.

Thanks, will try that