Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm keeps going off

Shazsteve

My CHR alarm keeps going off at night. Toyota had it in their repair shop yesterday.  They said corroded connector to Battery. But last night at 9pm it alarmed again . So I had to leave the car door open all night so immobiliser didn't start. How have people had this problem resolved? Thank you 

As it's still under warranty, I would get it back to them. They need to get the issue sorted. Another question, why would a 2022 reg have a corroded connection?  

Turn off interior microwave sensor by pressing button on overhead console. Then see if that stops it going off.

If so, could be an insect in car or faulty sensor.

I have known just a sticky pad over a contact to push it in ferther curing this type of problem.

To be honest it was not a Toyota but the contack was a bonnet contact switch yes we started with the door switches & it only went off at night usually after going to bed!.

• 5 weeks later...

Did you manage to resolve issue. Just had new Corolla Hybrid 2 weeks and alarm going off randomly but only late at night . Cleaned and hoovered inside in case it was an insect or a moth. Realise there's a button inside to disable it but that kind of defeats the purpose. Car is parked in driveway. Don't want to go back to dealer until I've done everything that I can. Any help greatly appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, have got same problem with my Corolla hybrid. Starts going off after 9.30 at night. So any input on problem would be much appreciated. Have had to disable function due too upset neighbours. Going to check out properly tomorrow. Going to try and cancel and resetting the double locking system to see if this works. Have noticed that the flashing red light has stopped flashing when alarm is set and is just a solid red sign. Really annoying when the nearest dealership is over an hour away.

Hi had exactly the same problem but it was happening regularly around 1.00am. Was very skeptical when some suggested an insect or inside the car might be the problem. Gave the inside a good clean and hoover and did find a small moth. Got rid of it and have had no problems since. My car is parked in a driveway  the theory being it was reacting to the street light hence the alarm going off at the same time. Hope you get it fixed. Cheers 

Kevin 

I'd first try disabling the ultrasonic sensors with the button before arming the alarm system then see if it still triggers overnight.

Normally when the alarm system is first armed the red led will be solid until the alarm system has settled down checking the ultrasonics then it reverts back to flashing status - can take around 45 seconds to a minute.

Our CHR 2019 has spookily started having the same issue last couple of weeks. To resolve at the moment its parked unlocked in the garage; not ideal. Its clean and detail weekend, so hoping I too find a moth or similar as the cause 🤞