Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Engine Headaches & Nightmares

chris113423334

Hi All,

Im in search of advice of my recurring nightmare... HHHELPP!!!

No the truth is, ive got an old yaris 1.0 vvti 2003 that had a rattling timing chain, so after running it to work and back after a month or so, like an idiot.. it gave up on me. So after getting it checked out by a mechanic, i decided to buy a second hand engine, not knowing about the various engine versions for that car. I was happy enough when the guy i bought it off quoted that it was a 1SZ engine. Cut a longgggg story short i fitted the replacement engine to find that the camshaft sensor (2-pin) wont fit the wiring loom (3-pin) thats fitted in the car... Ive swapped the sensors around from old engine but when i turn it over ive got no spark or feul to the injectors. Is there a work around for this problem ? So i believe my original engine was the French Build and my doner engine is the Japanese ?

Thanking You,

Chris

Moved to the Yaris forum.

Do you have a pic of the new engine ? did you change over the engine wiring loom as 2003 is a changeover year

I will send you a PM

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links