Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do I need a new front light?

Grete

Or can I change the light for the long distance light or fix it?

BAF2598D-D236-49C8-9280-350909B6E5FA.jpeg

50B1E0C7-4E40-4444-AF8F-7CC358523ED8.jpeg

BA26069B-1A7F-40C5-8022-F699B0619AF3.jpeg

Hi,

I see your car has headlamp washers fitted.  This would normally mean that the car has LED headlamps installed, in the UK it would anyway.

But, your headlamp beam does not seem to be as 'white' as I would expect LEDs to produce.

As you have a working low beam function on both headlamps (pictured), then I would think you need a new headlamp, but more information as to the history of the problem, and the car, would be useful.

Others may be able to correct me on the above.

• Like 1

led headlights on a 2014 ? More than likely HID

please take a picture of the rear of the headlight, you also may find D4S on the of the black plastic of the headlight under the hood/bonnet

looks like you have no high beam on the left, is either the ballast or the HID bulb

Ballast or headlight control - 81107-12G20

Bulb - 90981-20024 or D4S 35w

Edit. Led headlights where 05/2015 onwards, Facelift ??

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Those are projector headlights, not LED headlights. I believe those are of a one bulb design, with a shutter that lifts to change the physical beam pattern to main beam, rather than a second bulb circuit activating when you turn the main beam on.

Mines got the full LED headlights, and they look and work very differently.

No headlamp washers on mine though. (UK 2016 Auris Excel Hybrid hatchback) so I guess that you are not in the UK (possibly Europe?)

Only lights over 2000 lumens need washers. It does not matter if its HID or LED, atleast in EU.

HID loose brightness over time, recently replaced mine, same model, same bulb, night and day difference.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 10:35 PM, Grete said:

Or can I change the light for the long distance light or fix it?

BAF2598D-D236-49C8-9280-350909B6E5FA.jpeg

50B1E0C7-4E40-4444-AF8F-7CC358523ED8.jpeg

BA26069B-1A7F-40C5-8022-F699B0619AF3.jpeg

That's regular HIR2 bulb halogen light. The washer fitting is generic thing that is empty on your pictures, only if you have HID fitted on them, the washer sprayers also present.   There is nothing wrong with your light, the projector looks fine on low beam(flat cutoff) and rounded up on the high beam. All projector style lights are always less brighter than typical reflector light with the same halogen bulb/HID. The hot spot is usually about 1/2 of the reflector type for the same exact light bulb. However, projector light is less dazling with sharp flat cutoff and more homogenous over wider area.  HIR2 is the brightest bulb you can find for halogen 1340 lumens (LL Philips 2000 hours) and about 1890 lumens (original OSRAM or Xtreem vision Philips 400 hours).  You also can get relatively cheap Hella HIR2 for about €8 that has 800 hours lifespan and medium brightness. Typical reflector light bulb like H7 is about 1500 lumens the same as the TÜV approved Philips and OSRAM H7 LED.    You can upgrade the brightness of your headlight with non Longlife halogen bulb like OSRAM with 1870 lumens for about €20 each. Don't buy any LED for projector light, 99% of them are dimmer and the brighter one like GTR Ultra 2 cost close to €240 shipped.  It is pitty that the headlight on Auris is dimmer than typical compact cars like H7 reflector but it is still better than H4/HB2 bulbs on 2nd gen Prius, Yaris pre 2020, and Polo. 

• Like 2