Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt

Snibba g

Guys I have a 1.6 diesel Toyota Avensis only struck me when or how many miles before I need to change the timing belt or chain ??

The BMW diesel used in the Avensis has a timing chain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snibba g said:

Guys I have a 1.6 diesel Toyota Avensis only struck me when or how many miles before I need to change the timing belt or chain ??

did you only buy it these bmw engines give bother .they have the 1.6 and 2.0 newer bmw engines in those newer avensis and well think maybe the 1.6 bmw engine bit light for this heavy car .the 2014 was the last of the toyota 1adftv engines used great engines those .

8 hours ago, 2009joe said:

did you only buy it these bmw engines give bother .they have the 1.6 and 2.0 newer bmw engines in those newer avensis and well think maybe the 1.6 bmw engine bit light for this heavy car .the 2014 was the last of the toyota 1adftv engines used great engines those .

Remember Joe, the reason for the BMW diesel engines in some of the Toyota models, was to meet Euro6 emissions. Plus Toyota was/is focused on Hybrid and other technologies, so didn't waste resources developing or updating diesel engines to meet these targets. Diesels were mainly sold in Europe and Ireland was one of the highest diesel markets. I found this old stat - https://www.statista.com/statistics/425113/eu-car-sales-share-of-diesel-engines-by-country/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Remember Joe, the reason for the BMW diesel engines in some of the Toyota models, was to meet Euro6 emissions. Plus Toyota was/is focused on Hybrid and other technologies, so didn't waste resources developing or updating diesel engines to meet these targets. Diesels were mainly sold in Europe and Ireland was one of the highest diesel markets. I found this old stat - https://www.statista.com/statistics/425113/eu-car-sales-share-of-diesel-engines-by-country/

u can give up smoking ,drinking etc but u cant give up on the toyota diesels Konrad buddy lol 

• Haha 2

To be fair I wouldn't have either if it wasn't for KHAAAAAN!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 12:07 AM, 2009joe said:

Hi, how do they give bother or how would you suggest keeping bother at bay ??

5 hours ago, Snibba g said:

Hi, how do they give bother or how would you suggest keeping bother at bay ??

Tbh I am not sure as Toyota putting more resources into hybrid and electric as this is the way the world is going now I just see online these new shape ones give bother as that is why Toyota had to use BMW diesel engines to make the regulations or the older die hard engines would not be aloud anymore . The government and the people that are in control that make these rules don't need to follow them as there flying around in there private jets and driving there fancy Bentley's etc. If was me think cut my losses and sell on the car as money good for cars now and buy a 2014 one with low miles if can find one and with the Toyota 1adftv engine .but that's only me as tbh I hate when cars give bother and spending my hard earned money on them . I had a piece of **** Peugeot was my 1st car and that did nothing only give bother so did not buy any junk again .I bought the Toyota avensis as well tbh mainly reliability and tbh did not buy it for looks etc as well it's a kinda boring as Fk car lol . comfortable etc and great driver and entertainment system is good so I'm happy .I just don't want to spend my hard earned money on it like stupid things etc that break down on others 

• Thanks 1