Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav on 9" HD display

Sidrat

Has anyone with the satnav on the 9" HD display experienced their Favourites being lost.  I have found that only those tagged as Home or Work are kept, anything else only stays on mine until I power off.  Once the car is re-started all Favourites except Home and Work have disappeared.  This is either on my profile or the Guest profile.

I have queried it with Toyota UK technical team and they have said - "Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I will need to look further into the issue you're reporting regarding 'favourite' locations being removed after the ignition is cycled. Once I have more information to share, I will be in touch. "  That was on 27 Jun, nothing back so far.

• Like 1

Just a bump for this, has anyone with the Yaris Cross 9" HD display satnav noticed that their Favourites only last until the power is switched off.  Once powered back on only Home or Work are remembered?

What software/firmware number do you have, it should be under settings, general, system information

• Like 1

Latest version, new one installed about six weeks ago, went flawlessly.

I only have one Favourite saved as I don't really use the built-in satnav. But that is retained between multiple power cycles.

I don't have any 3D camera views though - something Toyota tech support are looking into.

System 1.22.011
Nav 3.02

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have just (3/8/22) installed Software Update 1.22.072 on our Yaris Cross Excell. The 9inch unit popped up the message it was available to install. Do you want to install? Er Yes!

It gave a description of the things in the update but it was quite long and I didn’t read it. It said it would take ten minutes to install so me and the dog went up and down A1 (“engine” must remain “on”) and it seemed to install ok.

Two things I have noticed -

1. Double Locking red light now comes on and flashes when getting out and locking the car. I’m pretty sure I never saw that in the 8 weeks of ownership. Not a bad thing but I do not know if there is a way of turning off “double locking”?
2. After a while Sat Nav started working and on setting a route low and behold the route instructions came on in the “meter” area on the dash as repeater info. Blue info on turn type and distance coming up. Never had that before on this car before. Had it on a 2014 Astra and it is to my mind a great addition.

So no issues so far with the software update and am wondering what else new I will find in the coming weeks!

Favourites and all other searches stayed in place even when car turned off and restarted.

Cannot find ow’t about 1.22.072 update anywhere (other than Italy has it too!) - anyone know any more about it?

• Thanks 1

Hopefully that update is heading to Spain soon as the turn instructions on SatNav have been hit and miss so far.

Only issue I've had with double locking is that the MyT app says the car is unlocked if only single locked, even though it is actually locked.

I just attempted to install the update but Toyota’s cloud services are down again. Sat Nav rendered useless. Perhaps it will work reliably by the time they start charging for it.

Just checked again and I guess Toyota rebooted their server as I managed to connect this time. Here is the change log for the update.

1.22.072   48.7 MB

Content of update

• Slovenian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Croatian & Serbian language menu
  • Display of navigation instruction in heads-up-display (if supported by vehicle)
  • Alert for level railway crossing
  • Improvement of positioning accuracy
  • Fix for speed cameras/zone not being displayed in some conditions

A software update can also contain other changes:

• Stability improvements and bugfixes of the system
  • New features and improvement

Thanks IT Troll - that confirms that route repeater info will show on HU Display (I don’t have this) or the 7 inch meter screen.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated my Yaris Cross yesterday to 1.22.072 and it seems to have completely switched off the Navigation I just get a screen which says Navigation and the copyright at the bottom of screen. Nothing else happens. My dealer is going to try and reverse the upgrade this afternoon. 

• Sad 1

Hi

Updated software 1.22.072 a week or so ago.

Sunday had a message GPS signal loss. Reset after turn and off.

But just started car and GPS signal loss. Sat nav just sitting there with Navigation, as per David Ireland.

Will be contacting Toyota.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, David Ireland said:

I updated my Yaris Cross yesterday to 1.22.072 and it seems to have completely switched off the Navigation I just get a screen which says Navigation and the copyright at the bottom of screen. Nothing else happens. My dealer is going to try and reverse the upgrade this afternoon. 

After I installed latest software updated my Navigation was disabled. I went to my local Toyota Dealer, there is an extra step that they did not mention in the update. After it has finished you have to do a factory reset. Then re-establish connection to your phone and it’s all restored. Mine is now working.

Glad to hear it is now working. I didn't have to perform a reset post upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had the problem of the in car satnav randomly stating no connection ( even at home when we normally get 4 bars)?  It used to work fine but now it works less and less. We did the upgrade mentioned above and it works sometimes. Then we had a day when it just switched off and we had a screen with "navigation" sitting there. I left it for quite a while once we were home and eventually it came on - don't know if it did something through our wifi to sort itself out. Still only gives us a connection on odd days though, so not reliable. Then you can drive out of the maps and get a blank  screen.20220819_092604461_iOS.thumb.jpg.6c420f63825a9370a05ac06ae23ba110.jpg

Toyota techs are investigating the connectivity issues with the network provider (Vodafone). The problem is affecting all models which feature this module.

• Like 1

I have been having this same problem on and off for about 2 months, but this last week it has been much better. When I was having problems with it it would state " no connection" and on these occasions I would connect the head unit to the hotspot on my phone and the satnav would work fine.

On 8/5/2022 at 3:55 PM, Russ Taylor said:

2. After a while Sat Nav started working and on setting a route low and behold the route instructions came on in the “meter” area on the dash as repeater info. Blue info on turn type and distance coming up. Never had that before on this car before. Had it on a 2014 Astra and it is to my mind a great addition.

Only Day 2 but haven't noticed turn directions on the metered display area. 

AFAIK the favourites loaded yesterday are still there. 

Sure there will be other likes and did likes. 

The 3D display is fixed on 2D.  Anyone managed to get a 3D display? 

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Only Day 2 but haven't noticed turn directions on the metered display area. 

The 3D display is fixed on 2D.  Anyone managed to get a 3D display? 

You have to switch the display to the navigation screen (steering wheel controls).

3D mode is a joke. You get a slight tilting of the camera view when following a route and travelling at certain speeds. The claim of “3D city mapping” is an exaggeration.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, IT Troll said:

You have to switch the display to the navigation screen (steering wheel controls).

3D mode is a joke. You get a slight tilting of the camera view when following a route and travelling at certain speeds. The claim of “3D city mapping” is an exaggeration.

I had a look, in the process I think I sorted my TPMS with the proper pressure settings.  I also managed to deselect the 'check rear seat' message. 

Regarding 3D, you will have to be more specific.  On the navigation screen, setting map options I have the choice 3D, 2D, North UP.  North works but with 3D it is unchanged from 2D.

Can you be more specific on the steering wheel options for 3D?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links